Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Mr. And Mrs. Smith Appreciation #3: "You still alive, baby?"

Official Description::

"A married couple (Pitt and Jolie) are getting bored with their quiet domestic life. What they don't know, however, is that they're both assassins, secretly hopping the world and killing for hire. But their separate lives are about to collide when each finds out their next target is their own spouse. "

Mr and Mrs Smith Trailer
Official Movie Site
Unofficial Movie Site

Old 06-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Tommorow Is the PREMIERE

Old 06-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Really? I am so excited. We get to see Brad all dressed up and sexy.

Thanks for starting the new thread! Love the title!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick
Tommorow Is the PREMIERE
Hell yeah! Can't wait!

Check out your favorite celeb pics here @ my Flickr page!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5057603...7611308272723/
Old 06-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder if Angelina and Brad will pose for any pictures..I mean, you would think they would, but with the recent events, I wonder if they would.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Katie

I thought the premiere was on the 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Katie-
I wonder if Angelina and Brad will pose for any pictures..I mean, you would think they would, but with the recent events, I wonder if they would.
I hope they will. Are both going to be there?

Old 06-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I duno , I thought it was on the 6th ..
But now That I thought about it I dont remember where I got this date from It kinda just popped in my head
I think the date was on one of the ol' threads
Old 06-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay I found this

sorry my bad guys
I got you all exicted for nothing
Old 06-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Extreme Fan

I can't wait too see them on the red carpet

READY, AIM, FIREWORKS

By RUSSELL SCOTT SMITH Sun Jun 5, 4:25 AM ET

Mr. and Mrs. Smith" director Doug Liman realized he was dealing with a media circus as much as a movie this March, on the day that helicopters followed his star, Brad Pitt, into work.

Word had leaked that
Jennifer Aniston filed for divorce from Pitt, ending their golden-couple marriage of five years.

At water coolers around the country, tongues were wagging about the breakup - and what it had to do with Pitt's sexy "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" co-star, Angelina Jolie.

What did Brad and Angelina do, and when did they do it?

Did Brad really send a bouquet of flowers to Angelina's trailer with the suggestive message, "To the Mrs. (oops!)"?

Did Angelina really improvise a sultry on-screen tango, slithering down Brad's leg and winding up with her mouth by his crotch?

In short: Was Angelina the other woman?

Rumors were flying, and Liman was caught in the storm, trying to direct the movie while every photographer in Southern California converged on his set, jostling for that that ultimate juicy Brad and Angelina photo.

"That's when the paparazzi took it to the next level," Liman tells The Post.

"One morning, I asked my assistant director where Brad was, and he goes, 'Can't you hear the helicopters? It must be him.'

"Sure enough, Brad walked in the door. They had followed him all the way from the Beverly Hills Hotel."

A month later, after the film wrapped, one lucky photographer finally snapped telling photos of Brad and Angelina vacationing together on the beach in Africa. (And the shots reportedly sold for $1 million).

Since then, most star watchers believe the two are an item, even as they officially deny a relationship.

Of course, after going to so much trouble to protect the secret lives of his two stars while he was working with them, Liman isn't about to give up the goods just days before "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" opens, on Friday.

"Honestly, I don't know if Brad and Angelina are together even now," he says, "let alone when we were on the set."

A FAMILY AFFAIR

All of the hoopla around "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" threatens to overshadow the actual movie, which is a stylish action-comedy reminiscent of Liman's earlier hits, "The Bourne Identity" and "Swingers."

Brad and Angelina play married assassins for hire who keep their shady jobs a secret from each other and try to live a boring suburban life. But in a twist reminiscent of the 1985 Jack Nicholson-Kathleen Turner classic "Prizzi's Honor," they are assigned to murder each other - and all hell breaks loose.

Hollywood is already buzzing about Brad and Angelina's smokin' hot chemistry in the movie. Just five minutes in, they're soaking wet in a Colombian rainstorm, swigging tequila from the bottle and grinding against each other.

Such sizzling action just makes it easier to believe rumors of an on-set affair.

In October, as they were shooting in the unbelievably romantic location of Amalfi, Italy, rumors were coming back to the United States about Brad, Angelina and her adopted son, Maddox, spending hours together, hanging out on a patio in front of Brad's trailer.

One reporter even said that Brad told Angelina that they should buy a home together in Amalfi. (To which she replied, "That's ridiculous. You're married.")

At the time, some tabloids said that Brad (who's 41) was using Angelina (who turned 30 yesterday) as a therapist. Rumor had it that he was going through a midlife crisis - that he didn't want to be an actor anymore, but wanted to devote himself to humanitarian causes, like she does.

Liman insists he doesn't know anything about it.

"Whatever I saw between them was professional," he says. "They were just obsessed with making a good movie."

But what about that steamy sex scene in the film? At one time, there was an extra-delicious rumor going around Hollywood that Angelina took off her underwear for it - just to give Brad a little surprise.

That's news to Goldsman.

"OK, you got me. I have never heard that one before," he says.

"But, no. I was there that day, and I can assure you that she categorically, unequivocally, was wearing panties."

Not than anyone would put such a stunt past Angelina, who's notorious for exploiting her sexuality for shock value.

"If the subject turns to sex, she's going to be the expert," Liman says. "But she's like that about everything. She always dominates the room."

Liman should know. The 40-year-old director was Angelina's favorite on-set target for teasing, which sparked rumors that the two didn't get along. Some even said that Brad had to run interference between them, and that it helped spark their relationship.

But Goldsman remembers it all as good, harmless fun - especially the day that Liman made the unfortunate decision to tell Angelina that his old girlfriend used to call him "Bunny."

Angelina never let him forget it, and soon had the crew using the nickname.

WILD NIGHTS

Ask most celebrity watchers about Brad and Angelina in the desert, and they'll talk about the infamous W magazine photo shoot over Easter weekend of this year.

In the midst of the Brangelina storm, the two stars traveled together to Rancho Mirage, Calif., near Palm Springs, to pose for a cover photo as - of all things - a 1960s style married couple. The tabloids went crazy over the irony.

But ask Doug Liman about the desert, and he'll tell you a much different (and wilder) story about the three days he spent last September with Brad and Angelina, shooting a scene in the California desert, three hours from L.A.

"It was really the middle of nowhere," Liman recalls. "And the only way to get there was on this sandy path you couldn't even really call a road."

That didn't stop Brad from riding his motorcycle from L.A. to the location.

"I remember zipping along in this motor home, and in front of us was this guy on a motorcycle, swerving and wobbling in the sand," Liman recalls.

"I was like, 'That can't be Brad.' But it was - and, of course, we blew right by him and left him in a cloud of dust, so he couldn't see anything."

The producers weren't too happy about their $17.5 million man roaring around on a hog, but Brad is too carefree to worry about such things.

He also had two Quad Runner all-terrain vehicles brought to the location, and each night, after the footage was in the can, he, Angelina and the crew would go roaring out across the vast, flat desert plain, under the stars.

"I went out with Brad, on the back of his ATV, holding on to him," Liman recalls.

"He goes, 'Watch this,' and turns off the headlights. We were zipping across the desert at 60 miles per hour, with no lights.

"I was thinking, 'Well, there's nothing for us to hit out here - except for the other Quad Runner."

At times, the "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" shoot felt just as out of control.

Liman is notorious for his loose shooting style, and "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" was no different. That shoot in the desert, for example, was originally supposed to take place in the mountains, and Liman shot four days of it before deciding to scrap the footage and start over.

After changes like these - plus unavoidable delays including the three months last summer that Brad had to leave to shoot "Oceans Twelve" - it took Liman from January 2004 to this April to get the film shot. It was budgeted at $100 million, and reportedly came in at $126 million.

And then there were the paparazzi.

As the press swarmed around the "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" set, Liman and his producers became obsessed with keeping them away.

"There were armies of paparazzi lining the highway," Goldsman recalls. "It was impossible to stop them."

One day, producer Lucas Foster grabbed a "Yield" road sign from the prop department and ran around the set, holding it up to block the photographers' view.

"Unfortunately, he also kept getting into our shots, so we had to tell him to stop," Goldsman recalls.

Liman recalls another time when Foster nixed a location shoot because there was a large hotel across the street - the perfect hiding spot for a photographer.

They thought about renting every room in the hotel with a view - about 120.

"But it was too expensive," Liman admits.

"So we moved."

Can you imagine them racing in the desert like that? How cool is that! And I love Doug Liman, he's so funny!

Old 06-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

BradFans.net media section has new clips from ET I love the dancing scene
where Brad squeezes Angies arm and she punched him
I dont think that was part of the script it was behind the scenes

Thanks for the article Angel
lol Love the part about Brad driving in the desert with no lights that must be a great feeling I want to be behind Brad in the desert on his quad

and this But, no. I was there that day, and I can assure you that she categorically, unequivocally, was wearing panties."
cracked me up! the fact that he calls them Panties he coulve said underwear or smth lol
Old 06-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick
BradFans.net media section has new clips from ET I love the dancing scene
where Brad squeezes Angies arm and she punched him
I dont think that was part of the script it was behind the scenes
That was definitely behind the scenes Brad looked at the camera and they were really playful.

Quote:
and this But, no. I was there that day, and I can assure you that she categorically, unequivocally, was wearing panties."
cracked me up! the fact that he calls them Panties he coulve said underwear or smth lol
I know

Old 06-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

100 caps

Sasha
Old 06-06-2005, 02:27 AM
Loyal Fan

When Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie say they don't want to get personal, they mean it. Both stars are making journos who interview them sign a contract to that effect and if you break it, Jolie will sue you. Her lawyer, Robert Offer, sent out a letter stating: "Interviewer will not ask Ms. Jolie any questions regarding her personal relationships. In the event Interviewer does ask Ms. Jolie any questions regarding her personal relationships, Ms. Jolie will have the right to immediately terminate the interview and leave. The interview may only be used to promote the Picture. In no event may Interviewer be entitled to run all or any portion of the Interview in connection with any other story . . . The interview will not be used in a manner that is disparaging, demeaning or derogatory to Ms. Jolie." If an interviewer does not comply, he or she can be sued for an "undisclosed" amount, the document states. Pitt, meanwhile, noted in his contract with the journos that he's willing to talk about his charity work as well as the movie. Luckily, director Doug Liman gives juicy interviews and is not afraid to talk about Jolie and Pitt's "chemistry."

Source : Nypost.com
Old 06-06-2005, 05:14 AM
Extreme Fan

If that's true then whatever is going on there is serious.

Thanks for the link! Nice caps!

Old 06-06-2005, 05:43 AM
Loyal Fan

did u guys watch Angie on the Actors studio
I was studying her bodylanguage
she played with her hair when she talked about Brad,maddox and said the word fnck (n upside down = u)