Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 AM
Total Fan

So do I, he seem to have such a passion for it.

I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.

Michelle
Old 10-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I love him talking about music and I love him talking about GG and Amy S-P. Scott talking about almost anything is good in my world.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Total Fan

I love hearing him talk too. He just seems so happy in life.

Michelle
Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Anyone can post to Wikipedia - that's the whole point, I thought. Seems to me we could post a pic there. Could also ask them to remove the ref. to the Happy Birthdays - maybe he and Summers really wanted to do it, but there's no evidence it ever came to fruition. Love your video concept. Es! I love the way he instantly gravitates toward the musical people - or they toward him - e.g., his mentioning that Tobin Bell plays guitar; friendship with Sebastian Bach.
Here's one to watch out for: SP's really into Pearl Jam - and Eddie Vedder. Eddie Vedder just did his first film score. Am not sure when it's coming out - but it's an upcoming film directed by Sean Penn - based on true story - guy who wanders off into Alaska wilderness and dies there on an abandoned bus. Am certain that's a movie Scott will see/soundtrack he'll hear - prob. more than once!
Meanwhile - if I were him I'd do a "Radiohead" - just post your music on the web ... and let the honor system do the rest! As to hearing him talk ... heaven!!!!!!!!
Avi by a former Albanian c. 1980s. I wrote the pain down, got off and looked up. Looked into your eyes. The lost open windows all around; my dark heart lit up the skies. {..} Give up the ground under your feet. Hold on to nothing for good. Turn and run at the mean times chasing you. Stand alone and misunderstood. Now that I've worn ... I've worn out the world, I'm on my knees in fascination - looking through the night. And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light!

Last edited by KbatMO; 10-10-2007 at 03:21 PM
Old 10-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboutscott (View Post)
I agree! I would love to hear some of his songs and hear him sing and play guitar.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 10-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboutscott (View Post)
He does and I was happy to hear that he picked it up again. I remember him saying that he was to busy to write or do anything with music.
Maybe will be able to hear him sing and play soon
Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Total Fan

I hope we get to hear him sing. I can't imagine how I would feel hearing him sing,just hearing him talk makes me melt.

Michelle
Old 10-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Elite Fan

I think it will be weird at first
Man I so hope he gets that song out

I wonder how things are going with the repo tapes...
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
I think it will be weird at first
Man I so hope he gets that song out

I wonder how things are going with the repo tapes...
Yeah! If he is still after them. But I would love to see that!

Yvonne
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

I hope he is...
but I guess it will be tough, but maybe after the film comes out, they will 'give' it to Scott for us to see
Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Not exactly rock and roll - but opera - which probably was the rock music of its day a century or 2 ago..... (!)
I got curious about Measha Brueggergosman, the Toronto-based opera singer to whom Scott referred in one of his messages to Lea Gaines this past summer- and then again recently in the Variety item about Scott:
Scott Patterson - Entertainment News, Variety Weekend Ask, Media - Variety

Turns out she's just issued a new CD - and that she has a website
Measha Brueggergosman, Canadian Classical Soprano

You can hear clips of her singing ... if you're into opera, you'll love her. She's extremely good. She also sings some Gershwin standards. Then I noticed she's on myspace.com ... I clicked on "blogs" link ...
MySpace.com Blogs - Measha Brueggergosman MySpace Blog
... scrolled down ... and guess what? She's one of us!! A genuine Scott fan!!!! Here's the blog:
Quote:
Thursday, June 14, 2007

Scott Patterson shout-out
Hey there rock stars!
I just found out that I got a suh-weet shout out from Mr. Scott Patterson, aka Luke Danes from the Gilmore Girls, on (wait for it) a Swedish Gilmore Girls fan site. I can't claim to have found it, but I can confess that if I were able to read Swedish, I would totally check out that site every day. See, I'm a bit of a (crazy) fan.
I met Scott in Toronto a while back when I was in town being on work. I had to go down to the film set of Saw 4 (a loooooooong story that you'll probably hear more about soon) and Scott totally there shooting. I tried to play it all too-cool-for-school but I'm not sure I succeeded. I confessed my fandom and then showed him around Toronto. We took in some Itzhak Perlman at the TSO and I gave him a tase of the T.O. nightlife. Much, much fun with a super-great guy.
If you want to read Scott's shout-out, it's at
http://gilmoregirlsonly.blogspot.com...-scott_13.html
Stay cool,
Measha
How cool is that?!!!
Avi by a former Albanian c. 1980s. I wrote the pain down, got off and looked up. Looked into your eyes. The lost open windows all around; my dark heart lit up the skies. {..} Give up the ground under your feet. Hold on to nothing for good. Turn and run at the mean times chasing you. Stand alone and misunderstood. Now that I've worn ... I've worn out the world, I'm on my knees in fascination - looking through the night. And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Elite Fan

That is cool

We should tell her about the Patterson's Posse Space, maybe she'll join as well
Old 11-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting that, Karen! That was on my birthday! June 14. Makes it even cooler for me!

Yvonne
Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Thx!! Trivia: Not well-known or generally commemorated anymore, but in the U.S. June 14 is Flag Day. Measha's blog about Scott is much better!! Don't think she's updated her blog for a while. I wonder if she knows she got another "suh-weet shout-out" from Scott in Variety on October 29. Letting her know /sending her the link could be a good way to reach out. (Definitely through myspace.)

Also from Variety interview, one of the 3 films that means a lot to him is
Quote:
'A Clockwork Orange,' directed by Stanley Kubrick. Like Alex, I share an obsession with Beethoven's 9th Symphony and mayhem....
When I checked out Measha's music on amazon.com, I noticed in addition to her 2006 CD "Extase" [label = Cbc], she's also on a recent release by the Cleveland Orchestra called "Symphony 9" (Deutsche Grammophon]. Here's the writeup:
Quote:
One of the world's elite symphonic ensembles is recording again after a hiatus of almost seven years, and DG is its proud partner. The Cleveland Orchestra, long regarded as one of today's pre-eminent ensembles, is releasing its recent performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, recorded under the baton of its music director, Franz Welser-Möst, at their January 2007 concert in Severance Hall. In the symphony's finale, The Cleveland Orchestra is joined by The Cleveland Orchestra Chorus and four outstanding vocalists, all with connections to DG: Measha Brueggergosman, whose solo project "Surprise!" will be released on October 9th. She sings alongside the celebrated German bass, René Pape, another DG exclusive artist. Two American singers complete the line-up: mezzo-soprano Kelley O'Connor, featured in DG's recording of Osvaldo Golijov's opera Ainadamar, and Frank Lopardo, one of today's most distinguished lyric tenors. Franz Welser-Möst is now in his fifth season as The Cleveland Orchestra's music director and his second season as the General Music Director of the Zurich Opera.
I imagine that's why Scott's currently obsessed with Beethoven's 9th!
FYI ... her first name is pronounced Mee-sha. Her last name is a combo of her husband's and her last names: Bruegger and Gosman.