Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Total Fan

Driving Miss Gilmore 6.21 Episode Discussion

Logan comes home from the hospital and is cared for by an overprotective Rory; Liz has big news for Luke; Emily has LASIK eye surgery, so Lorelai has to serve as her chauffeur; Rory is upset by a statement Logan's dad made about her in an interview in the Wall Street Journal; Jackson discovers that former employees planted marijuana in one of his fields, and he and Sookie try to dispose of it.

Emily/Lorelai was awesome.

Sookie/Jackson made me laugh.

L/L phone call made me cry.

See my comments from last week about Luke. I have nothing new to add there.
Icon by Kiara99
Old 05-03-2006, 08:36 AM
New Fan

I will admit I actually got weepy when Lorelai told Emily about her and Luke and thinking it wasn't going to happen. Then I really got weepy when I saw the promo for next week. I need to make sure I have my box of tissues next to me when I watch that episode.

I did laugh a lot at Michel this week. Sookie and Jackson on their "pickle" conversation at the inn was also funny.

I didn't really like the Luke/Liz "go with the flow" conversation. Just seemed off.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

This was classic GG! From the opening scene, til the end! I seriously loved every scene. But I wonder where Luke got all this knowledge about women all of a sudden. He sounded like he knew all about it and I wanted to kick his ass. So sad that Lorelai is now avoiding him. He sounded like he really wanted to see her and he's so oblivious... Ugh.

Emily wanting to buy them a house was so cool! Liz being pregnant is great!

I was so surprised the ep was over all of a sudden. It didn't feel like 40 something minutes had passed already! I also can't believe next week will be the last! I hope everyone who wants to, can stay SF these last 7 days!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 05-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, perhaps it's staying up to watch GG (at 1 am ) but the episode wasn't my favourite. I didn't see the promo for next week, I loved Luke going to see TJ (that felt like classic Luke) I loved Jackson and Sookie (I just plain loved seeing Jackson again) and the town troubadour twice in a row? Oh snap. I loved Emily, she was just awesome.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 05-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Loved that Emily wanted to buy them a house so sweet. Loved the Lorelai and Emily stuff at the end as well. Hated Luke's discussion with TJ, only because he can't realize how blind he's been these last few months. Any episode with the troubador is awsome. But really I didn't like this episode much. It gives me a dark and gloomy feeling for the finale next week and I'm not liking that feeling too much. I'm REALLY hoping the finale is good. Hopefully I'll stay SF long enough to enjoy it. Here's hoping for a good season finale.
Owen:We can do this. All you have to do is say yes.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

I loved the Luke scenes, he was really looking out for Liz, it was such a brother thing to do. So sweet.

LL, it was sad that Lorelai was avoiding him.

Loved the Lorelai/Emily scenes.

Lorelai/Rory? Only scene together was at FND, didn't like that one little bit.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

I can't believe Tuesday is the finale!!

Yvonne
Old 05-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Me either! Craziness.
Owen:We can do this. All you have to do is say yes.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Total Fan

Luke/Lorelai phone conversation: HATED that Lorelai was lying to Luke and avoiding him.

Luke/Liz first meeting: Mostly cute – despite the “T.J. abandoned Liz and unborn child” subject matter - Liz spoiling her own surprise, Luke pointing out the flaws in Liz’s new “philosophy,” Luke’s undying support of his family no matter how crazy they are or make him.

Luke/T. J.: reminiscent of Luke’s encounter with Jimmy (Jess' father) in season 3, liked that Luke was able to recognize the truth of the T.J./Liz situation, liked that he knows that you sometimes have to look past the words someone says to get the real meaning, though I wish he had followed up his advice with a confession that applying the advice is not always easy, that while he has known Lorelai for 10 years, he still misreads her.

Luke/Liz second meeting: sweet, reassuring, YAY!!! My brother should take lessons.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

I am so scared that Lorelai will leave Luke, or worse, tells him she wants out and then the ep is over. I am seriously dreading a cliffhanger...

Yvonne