Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2016, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

i agree, i found jp to be pretty boring.

they had a great friendship but as a relationship it was so blah.

i started the show in season 2 and remember jp with the baby and i just hated that storyline and found it so blah.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i agree, i found jp to be pretty boring.

they had a great friendship but as a relationship it was so blah.

i started the show in season 2 and remember jp with the baby and i just hated that storyline and found it so blah.
See i loved Jake i like how he treated Peyton and how Peyton was with him she felt safe
Old 08-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry for the dp, FF is slow for me tonight.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

I saw s2 after s3 and I just didn't like JP as a couple. But to each their own.

I don't think CP could've been a serious pairing even in an AU world. Chris is just...Chris.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
I saw s2 after s3 and I just didn't like JP as a couple. But to each their own.

I don't think CP could've been a serious pairing even in an AU world. Chris is just...Chris.
Chris is a no no lol for a serious relationship his a no .

Jake it was a hit and miss i hated the ex storyline but he helpped her a lot when she was in a dark space
Old 08-15-2016, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

jake was sweet but just boring to me.

i saw the friendship but not really the romantic side. i actually liked the chemistry between nikki and jake.

chris/peyton in a relationship, i could not see that! but i would have loved to see more banter.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
jake was sweet but just boring to me.

i saw the friendship but not really the romantic side. i actually liked the chemistry between nikki and jake.

chris/peyton in a relationship, i could not see that! but i would have loved to see more banter.
wait you liked nikki?
Old 08-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

i didnt like nikki per say, but i think she was an interesting character and i think her and jake had really good chemistry.

she was a bad mom for sure, and jake deserved custody but i felt like he did really care about her before she messed everything up.

and in her twisted way i do feel like she did love jake and want o be there for jenny eventually.

in season 3 it was established they shared rights and got along for the sake of jenny so i thought that was good. in my head canon she changed for the better and worked really hard at being a good mom after that.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

^ She was pretty young in s1/s2 so she had plenty of time to grow up and mellow out. Hopefully sooner rather than later for Jenny's sake.

It always seemed like Tyler got along best with Joy and Hil. He's hugging both of them.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

they were so cute in the early years, they seemed really close.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I loved lucas in season 1 and then he was fine to me in season 2/3 but chad def. didnt seem to have the same spark that he used to have in season 1.

in season 4 imo is where things with lucas really kind of got boring, i think chad was just kinda checked out at that point. i saw a bit of spark in him again in season 5 and most of the chad/hil scenes but other than that i just thought his character was a bit wishy/washy
Lucas is definitely one of my favourite characters but after season 1, I felt that he got ****ty individual storylines and because of that Chad got bored of playing Lucas. Plus it didn't help that a lot of Lucas' storylines centered around his love life.

Quote:
And Nathan, no I was not a fan. I just found him extremely boring as a character. He was more interesting in season 1 when he was a jerk but IDK, something about him just didnt come off as relatable to me or very likable. Even when he was "nice" he still has this weird sort of arrogance to him. When he had lighter moments I enjoyed his character but he should have had a lot more fun over the years.
Yeah I'm not sure it was the way Nathan was writing or James' acting but after Naley got married, Nathan; give or taken a few scenes become a very boring character. It reminded of Jake, who was a likeable character but who was boring.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I loved lucas in season 1 and then he was fine to me in season 2/3 but chad def. didnt seem to have the same spark that he used to have in season 1.

in season 4 imo is where things with lucas really kind of got boring, i think chad was just kinda checked out at that point. i saw a bit of spark in him again in season 5 and most of the chad/hil scenes but other than that i just thought his character was a bit wishy/washy
Lucas is definitely one of my favourite characters but after season 1, I felt that he got ****ty individual storylines and because of that Chad got bored of playing Lucas. Plus it didn't help that a lot of Lucas' storylines centered around his love life.

Quote:
And Nathan, no I was not a fan. I just found him extremely boring as a character. He was more interesting in season 1 when he was a jerk but IDK, something about him just didnt come off as relatable to me or very likable. Even when he was "nice" he still has this weird sort of arrogance to him. When he had lighter moments I enjoyed his character but he should have had a lot more fun over the years.
Yeah I'm not sure it was the way Nathan was writing or James' acting but after Naley got married, Nathan; give or taken a few scenes become a very boring character. It reminded a lot of Jake, who was a likeable character but who was boring.

Sorry about the double post, my internet dropped out when I posting so it posted the comment twice.

Last edited by stlavin95; 10-04-2016 at 05:25 PM Reason: Double post
Old 10-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

^ Don't worry about the dp, that happens to all of us. Congrats on 100 posts btw! You're able to upload your own icons now.

I think it's kind of normal for a character to get bogged down when they're at the center of a triangle. The writing tends to focus around that and the character suffers as a result. I love Lucas though but he did have poorly written storylines at times.

You're right Alexa, Tyler/Hil/Joy seemed pretty close in s2. I bet they had a lot of fun behind the scenes.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ Don't worry about the dp, that happens to all of us. Congrats on 100 posts btw! You're able to upload your own icons now.

I think it's kind of normal for a character to get bogged down when they're at the center of a triangle. The writing tends to focus around that and the character suffers as a result. I love Lucas though but he did have poorly written storylines at times.
Thanks haha. I still wished Lucas got better storylines outside of the triangle.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont want to bash james because I think hes an adorable person but I do think it was his acting that made Nathan seem wooden at times. It was james only role right? Hes never acted in anything else has he? Nathan also always seemed to be "too cool for school" at times.

Chad I think in general got worse as he got older, which is kind of strange. He's still a good actor but idk, he doesnt seem to have that same passion that he had when he was younger and doing all those movies and shows back in the day.

But anyways, back to PH, i felt like both Joy and Hilarie only got better and better and they always seemed really into their characters and the show. Joy in particular was so great all the time, shes just a natural actress.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread