Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hot Seat #7: You think you know but you have no idea (Eve - 3/17-3/31)

Carry on ...

For two weeks, someone is gonna be in the "hot seat" answering quetions that the other ask. The question are of that person's life, like, What's her/his hobbie?. It also can be a Hil question. The person who's in the hot seat doesn't need to answer all the questions....but I think it's fun. It's like a get-to-know thread...but just one person at a time

So if you like the idea, who's up for it?? Remember it can be about anything, but not too personal, if you know what I mean.

Meli 1/18 to 2/2
Old 02-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

So, I only have the rest of today and tomorrow!

If you have questions better ask them now!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Fave alcoholic beverage?

Have you ever failed something?

Where's the one place you really want to visit?

What's worse - Parents yelling at you or them keeping quiet and giving you the disappointed look?

Flip flops with socks?

Who's your role model and why?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Tell us something we didn't ask but you want to share.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Fave alcoholic beverage?

I love Amaretto Sour's.

Have you ever failed something?

Philosophy!

Where's the one place you really want to visit?

Sicily. I'd like to see where my ancestors are from

What's worse - Parents yelling at you or them keeping quiet and giving you the disappointed look?

Disappointment is worse.

Flip flops with socks?

Eww, no.

Who's your role model and why?

I guess I'd have to go with my mother. She's strong.

Tell us something we didn't ask but you want to share.

My middle name is Lee.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Nice middle name.

Quote:
I love Amaretto Sour's.
I usually don't drink alcoholic beverage but Amaretto Sour is gooood.

Quote:
Sicily. I'd like to see where my ancestors are from
So you have Italian roots. Cool!

Do you speak Italian?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Are you named after Lee Norris?

Do you think LP will ever have closure?

What state would you live in other than where you live now?

Do you think BL will ever reunite?

Who is your favorite real life couple?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Do you speak Italian?

No. I do know a few choice words though.

Um, no!

No, and hopefully I will be proven right in the end. If OTH doesn't continue, we might not ever get to see them reunite, which would be sad. I don't think they'll have closure like BL..where they both decide that it's over forever.

I've always wanted to live in California for like a year or two not forever.

Well, now that you mention it....no.

Terry and Darlene. Looking at them as individuals they don't seem like they'd make a lot of sense together, but when they are together and a couple they make all the sense in the world. They're awesome.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

If you could experience life as any TV character who would it be?

Someone offers you money to do something. It isn't illegal, but you don't know where the money is coming from and you're unsure about the motivation for wanting it done. Would you be able to do it, if the condition was that it was no questions asked?

If you felt like your life was aimlessly ticking along, what would you do to change that?

Do you think your life would be fulfilled if you got everything you ever wanted? or do you think that everybody needs something to strive for? Is getting everything too young a corruptor?

Regardless of god creating the world, the big bang, or whatever your beliefs are, what can possibly be the point to life? are we someones ant farm? or is the point just to live, try to enjoy it and then die in peace?

I just realised that I'm too late with these questions but I think they're interesting. If you want to answer them Meli fine, if not it doesn't matter . Great answers for the other questions btw.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli5 (View Post)
Do you speak Italian?

No. I do know a few choice words though.

Um, no!

No, and hopefully I will be proven right in the end. If OTH doesn't continue, we might not ever get to see them reunite, which would be sad. I don't think they'll have closure like BL..where they both decide that it's over forever.

I've always wanted to live in California for like a year or two not forever.

Well, now that you mention it....no.

Terry and Darlene. Looking at them as individuals they don't seem like they'd make a lot of sense together, but when they are together and a couple they make all the sense in the world. They're awesome.
Who's Terry and Darlene?

So, you're saying that LP won't have closure and BL won't reunite. Interesting.... That's not what you said the other day.

I thought you told me you and Lee Norris were related.

Yeah, answer Paul's questions. Somewhere in the world it was still 2/2.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Who's Terry and Darlene?
Darlene is a friend of mine. I met her about two years ago. When I met her husband, Terry, a year later I was shocked at how different they were, and they just worked.

Quote:
So, you're saying that LP won't have closure and BL won't reunite. Interesting.... That's not what you said the other day.
I was actually on the fence about responding that way, but I decided against it. I don't know if my sarcasm would translate well.

I also told you to keep the stuff about Lee a secret. Thanks for blowing my cover.!

I will answer Paul's question, but I have to head out to go to lunch and I don't have enough time to respond just yet. I will do it later when I return.

I have returned! Here are my answers:

If you could experience life as any TV character who would it be?

Hard question. Right now I'd say Sydney Bristow. The fact that I was just watching Alias yesterday probably has influenced my answer some. I wouldn't want that life all the time. Maybe for like a week. She travels, is smart, has a good support system, and is a good person. Her life is complicated and exciting and scary. It would be interesting.

Someone offers you money to do something. It isn't illegal, but you don't know where the money is coming from and you're unsure about the motivation for wanting it done. Would you be able to do it, if the condition was that it was no questions asked?

I guess it would depend on what it is I'm supposed to do. I know that's kind of a cop out answer, but that's the truth. A lot of things in my life are that way. I can't exactly say what I'd do because the circumstances surrounding it are always different, and I approach each situation accordingly. But on first reaction, it would probably be no. If the person wanting me to do it can't be upfront with me about why it needs to be done or who is behind it..it's probably not something I should be doing. Do I trust the person who is offering me the money to do this? That would be a factor as well.

If you felt like your life was aimlessly ticking along, what would you do to change that?

I guess I'd try to shake up my life. Do things I don't normally do. Nothing too crazy or out of character for me, just go to different places...or learn something new. Maybe a new more fulfilling job. Find where I can do things with purpose.

Do you think your life would be fulfilled if you got everything you ever wanted? or do you think that everybody needs something to strive for? Is getting everything too young a corruptor?

Yes and no. I would without a doubt be fulfilled because I got the things that I wanted most in life and I know that I'd be happy with that, but at the same time, I don't know whether or not I would I feel kind of lost without something else to search and strive for. If you get everything you've ever wanted, is that it? You can't ever want anything again? Sometimes I think even if you do get everything you've ever wanted, you'd still look for something else...and that would just be extra.

Getting everything too young can have a negative effect on the person, but I think it also depends on what kind of base that person has. Sometimes people who get everything so young feel entitled to get everything else they want when they become older.

Regardless of god creating the world, the big bang, or whatever your beliefs are, what can possibly be the point to life? are we someones ant farm? or is the point just to live, try to enjoy it and then die in peace?

I like to believe that there is a point to everything. What exactly the point is, I have no idea. I would hate living with the fact that there isn't a reason or purpose behind life or anything for that matter. Working so hard for something that is pointless or void of meaning is so...empty. It's possible that we are someone's ant farm and we're just doing the arbitrary things that we need to do to survive being watched by something that is way bigger than us to test us or just having fun watching us. However, the one thing that we can control is what we do with our time here. No matter what the point of life is or what I believe it to be, what I do and have done effects everything (the environment, people, etc) around me. Live life the best way that you know how and by being the best (or better) you that you can, and hopefully you'll do some good somewhere before you go.

I'm not sure if that really answered your question.

Last edited by meli5; 02-03-2008 at 04:32 PM
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I forgot about this thread. Who's next?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Great answers Meli . And don't worry you answered my questions. I didn't ask the kind of questions I expected definitive answers for, because they don't exist really. The questions though are more useful to me in getting to know you. They let me know the way you think about things, how much difference there is between black&white, or shades of grey in your thought process, stuff like that.

It's just helpful to know that kind of stuff, especially when you're trying to understand people's perspectives. Like when we analayse everything in the spoiler threads. The way you answered the questions was more important than what the answers actually were, if that makes any sense.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Hopefully, I passed your test.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

You did and with flying colours, but I wasn't testing you really.

I mean it sort of was a test, but it wasn't really pass/fail or something you can give a score too. I just wanted to know how you think. . Everybody thinks differently and I love that otherwise the world would be boring. The different ways people think and how they get to that viewpoint/how it's influenced fascinates me.