Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Master Fan

so that TRL thing doesn't seem confirmed..i wonder where that information did come from..
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Someone posted in the news thread.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A short article. Nothing new

Quote:
'Tree Hill's' good girl is itching to play bad

By CRISTINA KINON
DAILY NEWS FEATURES WRITER

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 4:00 AM

'One Tree Hill's" Peyton Sawyer has played the victim one too many times.

Next season, Hilarie Burton, who plays the good girl Sawyer, wants her character to turn the tables.

"I want to be a bitch real bad," Burton told the Daily News from North Carolina, where the hit CW show is taped. "I feel like aggression needs to be a mood that we see from Peyton Sawyer. And those parts are always more fun to play anyway."

She might get her wish. Major character changes are ahead for "One Tree Hill," which revolves around a group of high-school students.

After tonight's finale, the show will go on hiatus until next season. When viewers see the cast next, they'll be four years into the future, having already gone through college. "[The writers] were super-gung-ho about [the jump] and I really took to the idea because nobody wants to have the 'Saved by the Bell' effect, where they all go to college and they all live in the same dorm room and you have to explain all that and it's totally hokey and unrealistic," she said.

"We've seen all these other teen-drama shows try to go that route and that's where it starts to fall apart. So instead of following that pattern, [the show's creator and executive producer] Mark [Schwahn] was always adamant about carving our own niche and jumping ahead. It's a really good opportunity for our characters to totally start over.

"The period in your life between graduating high school and graduating college is probably when you change the most," said Burton. "We can all come back, and maybe some of us will still be really tight and others of us will be totally different people - and I'm excited to see which is which."

Besides, Burton explained, the "One Tree Hill" gang has already experienced the things most kids have to wait until college to try out. The show launched in 2003 on the WB and moved to the CW when the WB merged with UPN.

"We've already had the keggers and lived without our parents and all that kind of stuff. Now we get to do, basically, a brand-new show with characters people are already attached to.

"It really makes me proud to be a part of a production like this," said Burton. "It could be just another teen drama, they're a dime a dozen, but we really go out of our way to try something new."
'Tree Hill's' good girl is itching to play bad
Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

wait didn't Hil play the bitch in the early part of S1 lol or does she mean a bitch as in a Brooke Davis type
Old 06-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww Lena your avie. I want one too
Old 06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Well, I don't want her to be a Brooke-Bitch. I don't think she needs to be immature to be a bitch.

Maybe a bitch by circumstance? Something happens to her in these past four years that kind of embitters her towards the world?

Although, that does sound a little season1-ish. I don't know! I'm really interested to see all the new character developments and it's almost nauseating to think that we have to wait SO long to see them!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Extreme Fan

It sounds like shes talking more season 1 Peyton. That was the role she was supposed to play, but like everyone else she'd been redeemed. I don't mind if Peyton goes back to being snarky to tell you the truth. As far as Peyton has come personally, I loved watching Hilarie play Peyton in season 1.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Peyton be redeemed more like Mark wanted everyone to love her but guess what the true peyton fans would love any version of her well except clingyIwanttobesomeonelseschildsmother
Old 06-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ahah peyton being a bitch as s1 cool XD
Old 06-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the article! hmm..i guess the TRL thing was wrong, unless it was a repeat?

everyone has been redeemed really (besides Dan) so to create drama, it would be interesting to see some characters become snarky.
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 06-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Found this article about "Our Very Own's" DVD release. I won't post the whole thing. If you want to read the article its here. But I just want to highlight this part cause it bummed me out:

Quote:
But "unfortunately" there are not going to be any extra features on the release due to the way Disney/Buena Vista has structured the release of certain Miramax films. However, Disney is considering ways to use the extra footage as promotional material and for the press, he said.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I want extra features. So lame but I'll still buy it.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for it
Old 06-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Oh heh, I thought you knew there wasn't going to be anything other than a movie on that DVD.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliek (View Post)
Oh heh, I thought you knew there wasn't going to be anything other than a movie on that DVD.
I don't know. I was hoping for something more.

I have someone that you need to add... hold still.

ETA:

xelanoops
larocca22233

Last edited by a*shot*of*whiskey; 06-15-2007 at 04:18 PM
Old 06-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Yeah it's a completely barebones DVD. I don't even think a trailer will be on it. (Oh and there's only French and English subtitles if you care. )
Closed Thread   Post New Thread