Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2017, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

so cute!

i think nathan did sorta want her back though, didnt he say in 107 they should get back together? and brooke put all those ideas in his head and he was trying to talk to her about it?
Old 07-29-2017, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He said that something along the lines that Brooke thought they should be together, but I doubt he would have wanted Peyton back since he clearly wanted to be with Haley at that point and he even got annoyed at Brooke for her efforts later on.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

He liked Haley yes, but he didnt really want to admit it to himself and I think he was still slightly embarrassed at that point to be seen with her. She wasn't in the popular crowd like Peyton was so that really prevented him from just going for it with her. Plus I think on some level he felt like Haley was probably too good for him anyways.

With Peyton there was a familiarity there and a comfort. At some point they were probably a good couple and Nathan is the one that ruined it, forcing Peyton to break it off. If she hadn't of broken up with him then maybe Nathan would have stayed with her for a while. Just because he was falling for Haley, I dont think he was just suddenly over Peyton. Not 100%.

And IMO 107 made it clear to me that he was actually missing Peyton a lot. I thin its sort of like any break up, when you first break up with someone you sort of immediately want them back because you miss that comfort and having someone there for you. Even if their relationship wasn't healthy I think he possibly would have given it another chance if Peyton had wanted to. I mean in class he seemed genuinely interested in seeing P at the party. He kept giving her the eyes and seemed a bit jealous of her and Lucas. When they talked in the room were was a sweet sort of awkwardness there.

I think both he and Peyton were annoyed with Brooke's obvious attempts to get them back together because they could see that she was just trying to stir up drama for both NH and LP and that she wanted Lucas for herself. And Nathan could see that Peyton was clearly over the relationship and didn't really want to resume things. But that doesnt mean there werent still some sort of feelings there. I think in 118 it was obvious there still feelings there too, at least on Nathan's end. Didn't he admit this too? That he was flirting with Peyton? I dont think it meant he wanted to be with her and that he was in love with her the way he loved Haley but I do think that there were still some unresolved feelings there that didn't completely go away until maybe season 3.

I mean seasons 1/2 were supposed to be just one year, so I dont think its unressonable to think it took that time for him to really truly move on from that. It seemed that Peyton was probably his first real relationship right? We never really heard of him dating anyone else before that other than hooking up with Taylor.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think he missed Peyton, but not enough to get back together with her. He wasn't too upset that she didn't want to resume things since that point he didn't want to either, even if he still had some feelings for her.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Nathan said toward the end of s2 that they had good times together when he showed her the picture of them. I can't remember his exact words but it was something to that affect. He also said something similar in s4 and she disagreed. I think Nathan carried a torch for Peyton as indicated in several of their scenes over the years.

I think Nathan did want to get back together with her in 1x07 but he saw how into Lucas she was. After that, he backed off. But I think there were strong indications that he still had lingering feelings for Peyton there. 1x01-1x07 took place in a short amount of time if I remember right so it makes sense for the timeline.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He was backing off before 1,07 though and it was pretty clear that he liked Haley by that point since even Brooke noticed it in the previous episode and he definitely wanted to be with her at that point, even if he didn't want to admit it. He wasn't all that surprised that Peyton didn't want to get back together and wasn't that interested on his own anyway. He definitely had some lingering feelings for her, but he didn't want to be with her anymore.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

This is a cute photo:

They seemed pretty close in s1/s2. And if I remember right, James admitted that he kind of had a crush on Hil in the beginning.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Baby James has grown up
Old 08-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry Sam, agree to disagree on this one.

Quote:
Nathan said toward the end of s2 that they had good times together when he showed her the picture of them. I can't remember his exact words but it was something to that affect. He also said something similar in s4 and she disagreed. I think Nathan carried a torch for Peyton as indicated in several of their scenes over the years.

I think Nathan did want to get back together with her in 1x07 but he saw how into Lucas she was. After that, he backed off. But I think there were strong indications that he still had lingering feelings for Peyton there. 1x01-1x07 took place in a short amount of time if I remember right so it makes sense for the timeline.
Agree with this whole post!

I think he liked Haley but I dont think he was ready to be with her. It wasnt until after their date when Nathan screwed up that I think he realized he did.

You can still like someone but have feelings for an ex and want to make things work with that ex. Which i think is the station for Nathan. In fact, getting back with Peyton might have been what Nathan wanted in a was simply just to avoid the situation with Haley. In the beginning he was embarrassed to date her because she was dorky and not in the popular crowd and he cared about the stuff in the early episodes. With Peyton it would have been easier. But I agree with you guys that he saw she was into Lucas and also that she wasn't interested in getting back together. He wasnt devastated by it, that is true. But if Peyton had shown more interest I have a feeling Nathan would have been on board, at least for a little while before he realized its not what he wanted either.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

While there is no denial he was embarrassed by Haley in the early S1 episodes, I just don't think he wanted to get back together with Peyton since still having feelings for her ex doesn't mean you actually want to get back together (Brooke in S4 and Julian in S6 are other great examples of that).
Old 08-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Nathan admitted that he started dating Haley to get to Lucas so he didn't genuinely like Haley in the beginning. Not sure when that really changed, I haven't watched the show in a while. I'm not a NH fan so I wasn't invested in their relationship at any point. I like NP as friends and possibly as a romantic alternative to LP. I know that's weird but I've been that way about them for years.

Quote:
But if Peyton had shown more interest I have a feeling Nathan would have been on board, at least for a little while before he realized its not what he wanted either.
For sure. Nathan definitely wanted her back after they broke up initially. I think he realized after a while it's better that they didn't but his head wasn't there in the early episodes of s1.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He started the tutoring for that reason, not their relationship By the time Naley starting dating, Nathan genuinely liked her and wanted to be with her for real. He only wanted her back in 1.05, but after that he knew it was the best.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree completely with you Nikki. If LP weren't gonna be together I wanted NP.

I think that Nathan started to like Haley in 104 when she called him a jerk and then he was able to open up to her. She held him accountable for his actions, which no one ever did. And then I think by episode 7 he'd realized how much he liked her.

If i had started season 1 with the show i probably would have liked NH, but I didnt know much bout them when i did start (in season 2) and they were already married, so it just didnt work for me.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree completely with you Nikki. If LP weren't gonna be together I wanted NP.

I think that Nathan started to like Haley in 104 when she called him a jerk and then he was able to open up to her. She held him accountable for his actions, which no one ever did. And then I think by episode 7 he'd realized how much he liked her.

If i had started season 1 with the show i probably would have liked NH, but I didnt know much bout them when i did start (in season 2) and they were already married, so it just didnt work for me.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would have definitely taken NP over JP
Closed Thread   Post New Thread