Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2004, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

Rory's Closet: Preppy but Funky - Let's Raid It!

I don't know about you all, but I have been loving Rory's style this year. Her hair and clothes - I want it all. Her outfits tonight I especially liked.

I'm off to find some pictures, but I will be back.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Total Fan

Rory is looking so good this year - I love the preppy J Crew look she has going on. Anyway, hands down my favourite outfit has been the cute skirt/boot/jacket/scarf combo she had on in 'But Not As Cute As Pushkin' - any clues on where the boots come from? I've been looking for a pair just like them for such a long time.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

No idea about the boots, but I love her wardrobe, especially this year. She's been looking so cute and so pretty. I want like half the things she wore this past episode.

You can find where some of her stuff came from here:

TV Wear
Reel Style

TV Wear hasn't been updated in awhile, but Reel Style stays fairly up-to-date.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Total Fan

Oh I know, I check Reel-Style after every episode, drool over all the pretty pretty clothes, and then curse my bank balance for not letting me buy them
Old 12-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

This may be her preppiest year to date, but she's looking great!

My favorite wardrobe episode this season had to be "You Jump, I Jump, Jack," because that dress!! And the green peacoat! And everything else...
I do wish she would be less preppy sometimes, to vary it up, but she's looking so clean and cute, I cannot complain.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Yay! This thread isn't going to die. Hee. I got afraid after I started it and no one responded.

Quote:
hands down my favourite outfit has been the cute skirt/boot/jacket/scarf combo she had on in 'But Not As Cute As Pushkin' -
Completely agree. It was my favorite outfit of the year. It's college cool .
Old 12-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
My favorite wardrobe episode this season had to be "You Jump, I Jump, Jack," because that dress!! And the green peacoat! And everything else...
I love those two pieces! I really want that coat. And that dress was just gorgeous on her.

I just love her look this year. I really loved some of her S3 outfits too. I should find some pictures.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

I bought this sweater yesterday. It's divine. I want one in every color, but blue will have to do for now.

JCrew Cable Crewneck Sweater
Alterate Colors Available at: JCrew
Episode: "Emily Says Hello"
Old 12-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Loyal Fan

o0o thats so cute! i like it.. yeah this seasons my favourite for rorys clothes.. past seasons not so much but during episodes i wonder where i can buy that top from or jacket etc. shes looking good this year
Old 12-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
I bought this sweater yesterday. It's divine. I want one in every color, but blue will have to do for now.
JCrew Cable Crewneck Sweater
Rory has worn that same sweater in two different colors already this season. In addition to that J Crew green peacoat and khaki utility jacket. This is as J Crew-ed as I have seen Rory.

She's got to be one of the best dressed people at Yale. (My friends who went there say that barely anyone dresses up, so I'm sure Rory must be one of the cutest girls there, hands down.)
Old 12-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

I love that shirt and definatly want it. I don't know where any J.Crews are..do they sell them at department stores? How much was it A.B. Normal?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Katie-
I love that shirt and definatly want it. I don't know where any J.Crews are..do they sell them at department stores? How much was it A.B. Normal?
If there are no J Crew stores (not sold in department stores) close to you, I would probably go to their website at www.jcrew.com
The sweater is most likely about $68 regular price.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:38 AM
Elite Fan

$68?! Damn, I don't have that kind of money.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
This may be her preppiest year to date, but she's looking great!

I do wish she would be less preppy sometimes, to vary it up, but she's looking so clean and cute, I cannot complain.
That dress: (if you mean the one she wore while jumping with Logan gave her) I LOVE it!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. It looked amazing on her.

Rory's style this season is pretty good: the classy preppy style. I could not picture her with a more punk or rock chick look. But it would be nice for her to dress diferently once in a while.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:59 AM
Addicted Fan

She has always looked so incredibly put together this year, which is hard to believe as a college student. 1) We all oversleep. 2) Rory used to not be the primping type, but she's been looking that way this season.

Regardless, she does look great, but it's clear she knows she has upgraded her wardrobe.

Xel, not sure if you still check this board, but yeah, I think you were wearing that J Crew sweater in the pictures that Gen posted. Very nice!

That dress in IJYJJ may be the most gorgeous thing I have seen Rory wear to date. Then again, it's not as if she has had that many formal occasions. Does anyone know where to find that dress, what brand it is, etc.?