Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2005, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

Rory in "How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?"

Episode 5.20 - How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod? (from the spoilers thread/TV Guide)

After learning of Rory's dinner with the Huntzberger's, Emily and Richard invite her and Logan to dine with them, prompting a suspicious Lorelai to tag along. Also, Rory receives a stressful introduction to the newspaper biz, courtesy of Logan's hard-driving dad (Gregg Henry); and Luke persuades Taylor to close the museum.

I'm excited to see how Rory does in the newsaper business. Can't also wait to see the dinner with the grandparents. Hope it goes a bit better than the dinner with Logan's family.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

yeah this episode sounds like it going to be really good. plus lots of rory from the sound of it. i just hope lorelai gives logan more of a chance. i have a huge problem with lorelai's supporting of rory's boyfriends. she never likes the good ones yet she worships the one which led her daughter to become the other woman.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

lol - well, I can see why she would thing Jess would be a bad influence on her. Look at the way Jess and Lor met. Boy talks back and steels beer out of your fridge. Do you really want him to date your daughter?
I know he turned out to be a well read and very polite boy when he wants to be. but just from Lor's perspective.

Logan really sounds like a good guy. I hope Lor gives him a chance to make a better impression. Look at how THEY met. at Emily's second wedding.. that didnt' look good on Logan.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Just have to say...I've only watched one clip so far. But the opening scene with the vacumeers (sp?) was hilarious! So cute!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

aww this episode was so cute. i loved the whole internship stuff. we had funny geeky rory back and then she was all confident and stuff by the end.

i love how she could depend on logan even tho he didnt really want to talk about his dad he did try, and he was always there to listen when he could.

and he agreed to the dinner easily. and oh the whole knocking on the window pretending the owl (was it an owl?) had deleivered the message and the cute smile he did was adorable.

i was kinda glad that lorelai was more mad at emily than logan. i dont think dinner with the grandparents was the best time for logan and lorelai to meet. it was way too formal. logan had to be a gentlemen and talk about things that would interest emily and richard and so he couldnt really talk to lorelai and anything lorelai tried was interupted etc. so im hoping sometime in the future lorelai and logan get to meet properly.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Got to see this episode yesterday.
Very cute to see Rory back to her high school 'scared' self. at least, for a few scenes. I like that by the end she was using the information she knows to get some good feedback from logan's dad. Though I don't think she'll be happy if she's stuck being coffee girl.
Everyone starts at the bottom though right?

I'm confused about what Sookie and Lor were doing when they were taste testing? I though sookie was off her feet and not working till the baby was born.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love Alexis' acting. She has definately grown more in the acting business.

I just think Rory is acting different now. She didn't stick up for her mom when she saw how Emily and Richard were treating her.

The show's changing. Rory is growing farther apart from her mom and I understand that she's growing more independent but she should have at least taken Logan to meet her mother before taking him to Friday Night Dinners.

"There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!."
Old 05-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisFan
I'm confused about what Sookie and Lor were doing when they were taste testing? I though sookie was off her feet and not working till the baby was born.
Sookie was making sure that the chef who's replacing her is good enough. He was the one making the food that she and Lorelai were tasting.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 05-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

OH.. ok. I thought that the guy cooking was a person I'd seen in their kitchen before. The guy who Luke was speaking spanish too.

I guess in the end its not important.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think it was the guy Luke spoke Spanish to, but they decided he would be the best replacement for Sookie. I am not for sure, but I think that is what they decided at the end of 5.19
Old 05-08-2005, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

I've seen a few clips from the episode and I thought it was very cute. Liked the panicked phonecall Rory made to Logan, and how he calmed her down. And her rambling on and on about his father and Logan listening patiently....

And Rory taking a picture of herself at the water bottle (see my avatar)...Soooooo adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Maz~
and oh the whole knocking on the window pretending the owl (was it an owl?) had deleivered the message and the cute smile he did was adorable.
That was cute!

Also liked how he agree to the Friday night dinner so easily. Emily and Richard were kinda funny. Already planning their wedding and talking how cute their children would be. Good thing that Logan didn't freak out...

ETA: Just had to add that Paris singing Walking on Sunshine was priceless!

Last edited by madelen; 05-08-2005 at 05:17 AM
Old 05-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Absolute Fan

LOL yeah, Paris' singing was hilarious.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 05-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Addicted Fan

As much as I liked Rory, I felt so bad for Lorelai in this episode, and there were things I felt Rory could have done to make her mother feel better.

For a girl who kept telling Logan that her mother is the essense of cool, Rory sure hung Lorelai out to dry. Lorelai understandably was not cool with Logan playing a prank at the expense of someone losing their job. Harmless is fine, but here is where we see that consequences do not always see eye to eye for everything.

I really liked seeing Dorky Rory (the water cooler picture was priceless, and her running towards Henry - is that the guy? - was hilarious), but this R&E vs Lorelai conflict is going to get bad really quick, if Rory is already shifting as much as she did this episode.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~maz~ (View Post)
aww this episode was so cute. I loved the whole internship stuff. We had funny geeky rory back and then she was all confident and stuff by the end.

I love how she could depend on logan even tho he didnt really want to talk about his dad he did try, and he was always there to listen when he could.

And he agreed to the dinner easily. And oh the whole knocking on the window pretending the owl (was it an owl?) had deleivered the message and the cute smile he did was adorable.

I was kinda glad that lorelai was more mad at emily than logan. I dont think dinner with the grandparents was the best time for logan and lorelai to meet. It was way too formal. Logan had to be a gentlemen and talk about things that would interest emily and richard and so he couldnt really talk to lorelai and anything lorelai tried was interupted etc. So im hoping sometime in the future lorelai and logan get to meet properly.
ita.