Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anettbianka (View Post)
They were both so stupid in that scene, him for offering her such a silly proposal (he couldn't be serious about it and I still believe that he didn't go there to ask her to run away with him, he just simply wanted to talk to her to make everything right between them but then Dean was there with her and he got mad and he couldn't control his feelings and that led to this disastrous scene)
I never thought about it that way. I never thought that it wasn't Jess' intention to make that proposal in the first place, but you have a good point

I can't watch that scene, I just feel so bad for both of them. And I'm so happy that wasn't the end for them and we still got those lovely scenes with them in season 6

Great song Kara
Old 09-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I cry everytime I see that scene. I mean realistically Rory made the right choice. She can't just leave her entire life behind when her and Jess's relationship isn't secure. But still a part of me is always screaming at her to say yes and to ride off in the sunset with Jess.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Jordy4189 welcome to the thread
I hope you'll stick around cuz it's kinda dead here lately.

I never had a problem with Rory saying no, that was completely understandable and I wouldn't have expected her to run away with him like that throwing her life and her dreams away. I just wish she wouldn't have been so harsh with him. It's awful to watch how he pours out his heart to her and she just rips it out and stomps on it.

Last edited by anettbianka; 10-01-2008 at 04:27 AM
Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know, you're completely right. It breaks my heart, but at the same time, I understand that it must have been difficult for her. She was all over the place already in that episode and that just triggered her anger even more.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree. I think if she would have went with him, it would have been a complete mess anyway. He wasn't completely stable yet either, and I think it would've ended badly. It is sad to see Jess ripped apart again, but he kind of deserved it. It was only what? A year since he left and not far from when he told her he loved her then left again?
Even though he made mistakes, it definitely didn't justify her doing what she did to him in Philly though.

LJ

Old 10-01-2008, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

thanks guys for joining in in the discussion

I think Rory only reacted the way she did because she knew that the longer he stays and talks the harder for her to say no. So she wanted him out of that room and her life because she knew that if he stays she may say yes.
And about Jess, I believe that emotionally he was ready in the end of S4 to be with Rory but his life was still a mess and he had so much more things left to fix before he could offer her a steady relationship.

It makes me mad how wrong the timing is with these two all the time. They were never ready for each other at the same time. But at least they can get their chance post-series.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ahh I think that you might be right. She could never say 'no' to Jess... It would have made things harder for the both of them if he stayed longer.

These two have never been good with timing, but I'm sure that... maybe, post-S7, they're ready for something real.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

oh you're definitely right... after Rory makes her dreams come true and experiences all the traveling she ever dreamt of she'll be ready to settle down and Jess will still be there waiting for her cuz let's face it he couldn't let go of her for years and it's so obvious she was the only girl he ever loved.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

True and as much as Rory liked Dean and Logan (sadly), she always came back to Jess, which just showed how constant her love was for him. Her love for Jess was greater than for Dean and Logan put together.

And vice versa, of course.

By the way, hiiii anettbianka! I pretty much stalk your icons.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

to be honest, I never believed she really loved Dean or Logan... with Dean I felt like she didn't even know what love meant since he was her first guy and she just told him because she didn't want to lose him... of course she cared for him a lot but I don't think it was love. And with Logan, well I rather don't go there but let's just say I never saw that big love between them. And to be fair I'm not really sure she truely loved Jess either back then in S3... they had too little time together for her to fall madly in love with him. I don't know... I'm just never sure about Rory's feelings.

oh and please call me Bia... and I'm glad you like my icons (I just posted some NoLoRo if you're interested).

Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think in S3 they were at the beginning of love. But I still think you could see it coming, but then as it was timing was always an issue .

Hi everyone . I'm Kirsty.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kirsty- (View Post)
Yeah, I think in S3 they were at the beginning of love. But I still think you could see it coming, but then as it was timing was always an issue .

Hi everyone . I'm Kirsty.
hi kirsty, nice to see on the board

you can add me to facebook if need help wiith any games or just want to add me
Old 10-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Hi . Nice to meet you too. I thought it was time I changed to a RJ icon .
Old 10-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Jordy, Lauren, Kristy Welcome to the board and the Lit thread. I'm so happy you joined the discussion here

I always understood too why Rory said no to what Jess was asking from her. But I also think she could have been a bit more gentle with how she said it. But I guess she just panicked and didn't know how to handle it. I felt bad for both of them in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anettbianka (View Post)
It makes me mad how wrong the timing is with these two all the time. They were never ready for each other at the same time.
Yeah. And even though we can imagine them having a happy ending post-series, I would've have loved to see them reunite on screen
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

If it has been another time, she would have said yes to him .