Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

Alexis in 'The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants'

Quote:
The movie is based on the young adult book, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, by Anne Brashers. As four best friends spend their first summer apart from one another, they share a magical pair of jeans. Despite being of various shapes and sizes, each one of them fits perfectly into the pants. To keep in touch they pass these pants to each other as well as the adventures they are going through while apart.
Alexis will be playing Lena Kaligaris in the movie which comes out in June 2005, I think.

Is anyone excited for this movie? I can't wait to see this movie, because I loved the books, and of course Alexis is in it, so even more reason to see it.

Official website
Here's the official website for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS

Last edited by ~Maz~; 02-24-2005 at 03:57 PM
Old 12-01-2004, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

I'm very excited about this movie. SOTP is one of my favorite books so it's even better when one of my favorite actresses is in the movie.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm excited about the movie too. I've never read the books, but I like Alexis and Amber Tamblyn. And from everything I've heard, it's shaping up to be a good movie.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

Before I found out about this, I always wanted Amber & Alexis to star in a movie together. And then it came true! Hee.

Credit
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by banjojd
I'm excited about the movie too. I've never read the books, but I like Alexis and Amber Tamblyn. And from everything I've heard, it's shaping up to be a good movie.
You should read the books, there are two of them so I'm wondering how this movie will go.

They are good books. Light, fun read but with good drama mixed in.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm excited for it. I've known about it for sometime now. I never read the book though, so I'm not to sure what it is all about or anything. Hopefully Alexis has a nice sized part.

darylbeth
Old 12-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I bought the book a week ago but I havent had the time to read it yet. If I'll like it I will go and see it.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by germ881
I bought the book a week ago but I havent had the time to read it yet. If I'll like it I will go and see it.
Where did you buy it at? There is only like one bookstore in my town and the selection is pretty lousy.

darylbeth
Old 12-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower
Where did you buy it at? There is only like one bookstore in my town and the selection is pretty lousy.
Target. I was buying a DVD and saw it while passing through the book section, so I got it. I would call and ask them if they have it though. They'll check to see.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Thanks I might just do that, so I can read it before the movie

hehe i love that first pic that was posted...its so Alexis

darylbeth
Old 12-02-2004, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved these books. They were great. I can't wait to see the movie.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

i love the book i read the first one but i haven't red the second one yet.

and i'm so excited to see her in this film cause alexis is in it and cause amber is in it too.they're probably one of the most talented young adults we have in this industry and you know without a doubt that they'll still be her in the future.

i'm all giddy and the movie comes out about three days before my birthday!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:54 AM
New Fan

Okay, I know that Alexis is in those two pics posted ( Duh) and also Amber Tamblyn, America Ferrerra and Blake Lively, but who's the other girl? The blonde? Please don't tell me she plays Krista. That is not what I pictured Krista to look like!

Anyone know?
Old 12-04-2004, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

I have no idea. I'm curious too...Anyone know?

I heard there is a third book coming out in the series so I am excited about that.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I'm very excited about this movie coming out. I can't wait to see if it's like the book. The two books were wonderful. I got the two books in one and I can't wait for the third one