Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Alexis in But Not as Cute as Pushkin

New episode tonight!

Rory (Alexis Bledel) is delighted when the headmaster (guest star Dakin Matthews) of her old prep school asks her to play hostess to a young student, Anna (guest star Sara Foret), who is thinking of applying to Yale. However, Anna turns out to be more interested in boys than academics and runs off to party, leaving Rory to deal with Logan's (Matt Czuchry) elaborate practical jokes. Meanwhile, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) have their first fight when she accidentally upsets him by buying an old boat that had belonged to his father.

Edward Herrmann, Melissa McCarthy, Liza Weil, Sean Gunn and Liz Torres also star. Amy Sherman-Palladino wrote the episode directed by Michael Zinberg.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Elite Fan

I love Rory, especially the past few episodes, but tonight really has to be one of my favorite Rory episodes in awhile. She's so ridiculously nerdy. It's too funny. Gotta love nerdy!Rory.

The library scene was one of my favorites. Who sniffs books like that and would encourage a girl on a tour of the school to do the same?

Also? Ror's prank on Logan with Richard was hilarious. Logan's face and then Colin and Finn's were great. I love Rory/Richard.

I need to watch the episode again.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Loyal Fan

I enjoyed Rory tonight too. I thought the tour was great. I would have loved it. I understand it's not every prospective student's cup of tea, but on the flip side not everyone wants to party all the time either. I also think she was justifiably concerned about Anna being lost. I don't care if she's there to experience college life, she's 16. Rory knew what kind of trouble Anna could get into and Anna did just that.

I think her being embarassed at the prank was right in character. Rory is serious about her classes. I took a class with a well known author and was so glad to be in it, I completely understand her being mad that one of her weeks in that class was basically taken away.

I loved her and Richard getting back and Logan and the nose touch thing was awesome. Very well done.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoxyBlueGirl7
I love Rory, especially the past few episodes, but tonight really has to be one of my favorite Rory episodes in awhile. She's so ridiculously nerdy. It's too funny. Gotta love nerdy!Rory.

The library scene was one of my favorites. Who sniffs books like that and would encourage a girl on a tour of the school to do the same?

Also? Ror's prank on Logan with Richard was hilarious. Logan's face and then Colin and Finn's were great. I love Rory/Richard.

I need to watch the episode again.

I smell books like that, They have this unique smell.

I loved Geek Rory, too, that was hilarious. I'm really feeling the heat of how hot Rory/Logan would be, too.

The best thing was the end, though. I kind of thought Richard was serious until the last part where he said welcome to the family.

My favorite part was her crack to Paris about meeting up with Spike and Drusilla. Buffy references are always a score,

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:50 AM
Elite Fan

Rory cracked me up tonight. She is definatly becoming one of my favorite characters.

Alexis and Matt have such good chemistry with one another. Seriously. I need a Logan.

I love nerd Rory though. Sniffing the books was so classic. It was like old Rory was back.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

I liked her light-heartedness tonight, especially during the tour-giving. It was very cute.

I didn't like how she was freaking out about the Logan/Impromptu Class Drama thing though, but I guess it was true to her personality, so I'm mostly just a little irked by her tight-waddy behavior in that aspect.

Other than that, I thought she was a lot of fun.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 12-01-2004, 04:00 AM
Elite Fan

At first I was little weirded out by her freaking out but it's Rory's nature. When it comes to school, she gets like that and she enjoys learning so I could understand why it would be upsetting for someone of her nature.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

Luci- I know what you mean about the smell of books. I just thought it was hilarious that she made Anna smell a book too. I can't think of very many people that would include that on a college tour. I loved it.

I don't know that I would've enjoyed Rory's tour, but I also wouldn't have wanted to go to the parties. Actually, I'm really not into college tours, so I probably wouldn't enjoyed any kind of tour. But I think Rory's tour was good based on what Headmaster Charleston said. He said Anna was focused and reminded him of Rory, so her taking Anna on a tour she would like made sense.

I agree with you, Dorothy, about the party. Anna didn't need to go to a college party at 16. Anna definitely seemed a little immature, and I'm glad Rory kept her from it. I think Rory did a great job trying to show Anna college life. She showed her a lot of Yale and was very enthusiastic. She really tried to make Anna feel welcome, and Anna seemed excited about a lot of the little things about college (the general freedom).

I loved Rory/Logan tonight. Like you said, Katie, Alexis and Matt have great chemistry.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Katie-
At first I was little weirded out by her freaking out but it's Rory's nature. When it comes to school, she gets like that and she enjoys learning so I could understand why it would be upsetting for someone of her nature.
Exactly. Someone said this on the GG board (was it you, Dorothy?). Rory likes being respected by her teachers and likes being recognized for achievements in class. Of course she would be upset about attention brought on by prank on her, especially when she had Anna with her and was trying to show her how prestigious and respectable the profs and classes are at Yale. I can't blame her. I would probably be just as upset.

I liked her conversation with Logan in the cafeteria. And I really loved her prank at the end.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:56 AM
Extreme Fan

I totally understand her reaction. I for one would have reacted even worse than Rory did. Some people just don't like to be the center of attention, expesially not for reasons like that. Now I'm not NEARLY the kind of student Rory is, but I actually feel that in the classes I try in, we are very similar. Going back to a season 2 refference (since it's been showing on ABC Fam) When Rory went on her tour of Harvard and got into the discussion with the teacher; that it totally something I could see myself doing. The fact that it was in a school I don't even attend would be tough for me, but I on many occasions have taken the subject the teacher was talking about, and ended up in a discussion with him about our differing oppinions on it. And in that instance, being the center of attention is no big deal. Yet I also get extremely embarassed when that same teacher calls of me to give the "correct" answer, or has me read my paper to the class as an example of what an A answer is. So I can only imagine how embarrassed I would be in an instance like Rory was. I'd probably be so embarrased I'd want to kill myself right then and there. And in that regard I think that is basically how Rory felt, and I really felt sorry for her when they did that. Yes, it was hilarious to watch, but OMG I can only imagine how horrible it would be to be that person.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, I'm new.

Anyway...
I found Rory to be particularly irritating in last night's episode. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Rory fan. I just feel that sometimes she's just not... right. You know? I mean, I know that it's presumptuous to say that Alexis was acting Rory out of character, but it does seem sometimes that the way she acts Rory has changed somewhat this season. Sometimes it's an improvement (i.e that scene in Marty's room when he and Rory are talking. Very nice.) but sometimes it's just... weird (i.e the scene last night when Rory is excited that Anna is coming or in "Emily Says Hello" when she's talking to Lorelai aftering having dinner with Richard). Maybe it's just me.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Extreme Fan

last page first, I think I understand where you're coming from. For me I see it as we're being showed sides of Rory that we've never seen before and at the same time she's is changing.

As far as the episode I loved Rory's conversation with Logan in the cafeteria. One of my favorite quotes has to be:

Logan: If Anna thinks that Yale is just a big joke after spending five minutes with you then she was always going to think that Yale was a big joke.

I thought that was such a nice compliment to give to Rory and it's true. Rory loves her studies and is very serious about them. If Anna didnt appreciate what Rory was doing and just wanted to party and check out boys then that is her problem.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Was anyone else melted with extreme cuteness when Rory smiled after wiping her finger off her nose (a la "The Sting") to Richard and vice versa? That smile was probably the cutest thing I saw in the entire episode. MischievousRory is so endearing.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Was anyone else melted with extreme cuteness when Rory smiled after wiping her finger off her nose (a la "The Sting") to Richard and vice versa? That smile was probably the cutest thing I saw in the entire episode. MischievousRory is so endearing.
Yeah, that was cute. And also the scene where she's smelling the books. She looked so cute and funny in that scene!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by madelen
Yeah, that was cute. And also the scene where she's smelling the books. She looked so cute and funny in that scene!
When Rory is all out in her full dorkiness, I adore it! Alexis plays those scenes in such a nutty way. That feigned/real excitement is hilarious to watch. Book-sniffing, Pippi-sniffing, Bop-It-excitable. I wonder if Alexis ever makes those faces in real life when she gets excited, or if that's how she's trying to portray DorkyRory? Whatever the case, I know that the times I catch myself saying aloud "she's such a dork!" are also when I'm smiling the most.

Does anyone else feel like ASP is trying to make Rory's language a little more four-lettered, especially hanging out with Lorelai and Paris, who get away with saying the most hilarious darnedest things. Maybe it's because Rory is still so proper, but anytime I hear "whorish" or "ass" coming out of her mouth, I crack a little smile.