Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

I'd like to see the network handle it, like they did with Lost. Create an event. Get people talking. Finalize the series and have it go out with a BANG!

kenny | credit
Old 07-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Ooo, that would be fun!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Could you imagine how they would END this show? I mean it started with Mary Alice shooting herself. The possibilities are endless.

kenny | credit
Old 07-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Eep! Didn't they talk about a spinoff sometime? Maybe it could end with someone shooting him/herself. Then the spinoff could tie into it. Dunno
Old 07-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

The spin-off was supposed to be Karen and her sister, like a detective series, or something. I don't think that's gonna happen. It was when Lily Tomlin was on the show, for season5 with Dave.

Quote:
'Desperate Housewives' actress finally gets Emmy nomination
When the phone rang on the West Coast super early Thursday morning, "Desperate Housewives" actress Brenda Strong immediately feared that there may have been a death in the family.

Instead, she should have worried for her own health.

"I'm the one that could have had a heart attack," Strong joked to CNN. "I was so surprised."

After seven seasons voicing the often off camera, deceased Mary Alice Young on the ABC show, Strong has finally been nominated for outstanding voice-over performance.

Young, who is up against actors from "Futurama," "The Simpsons," "Robot Chicken," "Moguls & Movie Stars" and "The Looney Tunes Show," said she had even forgotten that the Emmy nominations were being announced.

"[ABC] has submitted me for the past seven years, and the first few years there was that anticipation of 'maybe,'" Strong said. "But at this point, I was sleeping and didn't have a clue."

The actress said she is beyond excited, with "lucky number seven" being the charm so far. She enjoys the job of voicing Mary Alice, even if it doesn't mean much screen time.

All that is about to change for Strong, however, as she has been cast as Bobby Ewing's new wife, Ann, on the TNT reboot of "Dallas."

Strong said she loves working with Patrick Duffy, and is fully aware that fans of the original show loved the coupling of Duffy's character with Pam Ewing (played by Victoria Principal).

"I'm just hoping that fans can accept that Bobby has a new love because the chemistry between us is really good," Strong said. "I think it's going to be a little bit of an adjustment, but once they see our relationship they will enjoy it. I'm also excited because there is a whole new generation that has never seen the show before that is going to have an identity with this entire epic."
Congrats, Brenda!

kenny | credit
Old 07-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

That spinoff sounds stupid.

Great for Brenda!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Great article with Felicity. Wow, she says most people want the show to go two more years! She talks about next season, and she'll be on a documentary:

Now entering her eighth season as long-suffering Lynette, Felicity will take her place alongside such other iconic television women as Candice Bergen, Roseanne Barr and Mary Tyler Moore in PBS's 4-part special series, American in Primetime, which examines shows and characters that have reflected and changed the American fabric. The series airs Sundays, 8/7c from October 30 to November 20.

Keck's Exclusives: Desperate Housewives' Felicity Huffman on Lynette's Transformation - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 08-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

This will be the show's LAST SEASON!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/05/de...-end-next-may/

'Desperate Housewives' to end its run in May

EW has learned that Desperate Housewives will end its eight-year run on ABC in May. The network is expected to make the decision official on Sunday, when it meets with the nation’s critics in Beverly Hills.

News of the show’s series finale doesn’t come as a big surprise, since the four stars recently went through a protracted salary renegotiation to return for another season of the Sunday drama. They were already the highest-paid actresses in prime time. More to come…

Last edited by Melis; 08-05-2011 at 01:47 PM
Old 08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

2 things.

1. I am beyond devastated that this is going to be the final season. I never thought this show would end. The amount of love and adoration I feel for it, doesn't even come close or measure to any current TV show. At all.

2. I am happy that ABC decided to announce this early, and let this truly be written and handled as the final season. The cast is (mostly) intact, so I'm thankful and relieved for that.

kenny | credit
Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

This was one of the shows that I could always count on. It was funny, interesting, etc. I'm going to miss it.

Yes, I'm glad it wasn't some last-minute decision that would have left us without an ending.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

That´s really sad news. I`ll miss that show seriously.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

^ Me too!

'Desperate Housewives' creator Marc Cherry sounds off on series' conclusion, says no spin-off
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Cherry is totally going to the write the finale!!! THANK GOD!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yes, it wouldn't be the same if someone else did.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

More news since the news broke.

'Desperate Housewives': Felicity Huffman, Dana Delany reflect on the show's final season - From Inside the Box - Zap2it