Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gablos Appreciation #12:B/c we hope that they will come out winning their daughter back if they lose her

Welcome to the Carlos and Gabrielle Solis Appreciation thread! This is a thread for those who enjoy the complicated yet great relationship between the Solises.

*Fellow Worshippers of The Soulmates*
(ask to be added)

Roaming Tigress
-Katie-
piscesgirl389
Mr. Brightside
RuSiA
Leyton_Rox
Eynem
Gracie51086
DreamWalker
-Summer-
oneflyCHICK
sharstarz07
~Carla~
unameit
jate*is*fate..x
UnaVitaSegreta
Gina
AC_love
LoVe_Story
4N6 DNA
Bambi_Cricket
DefLeppardFan
james+lily
McWicked
ultimate_fate
swadde
Kate&Jack
brexluv22
How Cute Is She
Nelcy
*~Sophia~*
*~Alex~*
allybubba
Anny86
ღRose♦Nylundღ
Rossignol
chesterHester
niam
Lawrahhh
*Brenda*
Elizabeth_88
Chattia
mint chip
brucasalways
Kelly_Dylan
ellen-cheerleaderx
eva-solis
nililah
tvlover88
Leneoth
gizzie_fan
njbrc
add1c7edd.
funky_chick
lechin
hova4life
kissmesweet
brendadylan1984
Leyton_4ever
~Sarah~
sopitaa
lovesophia
aliaskate18
tv-fan189
TulieMajulie7
Laurababora
SaRaBonesPortugal
Cici287
Sacred86
Gisele
LucyLemon
jateryara
hannah&nick_fan
..Mysha..
rchu
Priya
Greysaholic
lisegurl
~♥~My Lonely Angel~♥~
TizzyGagaGagaBlank
Cookie
-Nina-
necklace
Natasja1982
ElenaBelle

Why do we love them?

1. The out-of-the-field chemistry

2. They look so dang good together!

3. Because they don't "fit" with other people.

4. Because they're the ONLY couple that Mary Alice referred to as soulmates -- not Susan/Mike, not Borson, and not Tom/Lynette.

5. They are able to love one another despite the difficulties both of them have faced with each other.

Eva and Ricardo on One Another

Their characters may have their tiffs, but many have said if they didn't know better, they would think Eva and Ricardo were an actual couple.

"They call us chips and salsa." - 'Desperate Housewives' star Ricardo Antonio Chavira on the crew's nicknames for himself and TV ex-wife Eva Longoria.
Source: TV Guide

"On the show, Ricardo plays Carlos as the typical Latin lover, full of machismo. A lot of women find that very sexy. Not me, though. Ricardo is nothing like Carlos. Yes, he’s the classic tall, dark, handsome man. But he’s also extremely kind, a gentleman. He’s very chivalrous, always pulling out people’s chairs. Mainly he’s intelligent, with an amazing sense of humor — those two things define sexy to me. We’re both from Texas, so we fly home a lot together, and we often go to Spurs games together. He’s great to fly with, very calm. But at the game we’re both very intense. Don’t even talk to us during a game — we’re all business!” — costar Eva Longoria
Source

When asked to sum up his co-stars, Ricardo laughs. "Eva eats a lot and is very down-to-earth; Marcia (Cross) is the quintessential woman; Felicity (Huffman)'s got talent for days; Teri (Hatcher) is sexy, charming and delightful; and Nicolette is a big ball of . . . Watch out!"
Source

And what of his TV wife, Eva Longoria? "She's completely edible" Chavira beams, adding that Longoria has so much energy it's "almost bothersome".
Source

You know, she and I get along very well. We're both from south Texas and the chemistry just kind of existed naturally. You know, I just feel very blessed.

Chavira: You know what? It's all good. It's all gravy. She's a great lady and I'm real happy for her and Tony.
You know, if her being a huge Spurs fan gives them a little more attention, well, that's awesome.
Source

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Eva Longoria and Ricardo Chavira get along much better than Gabrielle and Carlos, the characters they portray on Desperate Housewives.

Both are from San Antonio, and Longoria says they're "the biggest jokers on the set." When they're not filming, they're often glued to the TV.

Gabby and Carlos aren't getting along at all on the show, but Longoria predicts they'll get back together.
Source

They can't let go

[/QUOTE]
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga

Last edited by smoothaise; 12-08-2011 at 08:13 PM
Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

I would have liked to open it but I just got home from work....

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread

Oh, can my name on the list be changed from ice_ice_baby to funky_chick?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Awww, just caught up on the new season and their storyline is probably the most interesting, seriously so sad! The last scene of Carlos telling Gabby was heartbreaking!
i'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
when you hit me, hit me h a r d
♥trifecta♥
Old 10-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I fixed your name Julie!

I hope this title is ok cause I wasn't sure about it.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I fixed your name Julie!
Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait to find out what's in store for them now that Gaby knows about Juanita?

UR welcome Julie!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, if they do lose Juanita to the real parents, they'd probably get their real kid so it's not really like they'd be one kid short
Old 10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't Suz want to open the thread? I know how much she would have liked to open it. Maybe next time when someone asks to open a thread we can wait for that person to get home? At least give them a few hours?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

yes I did ask mentioned that in the beginning of this thread but I got home too late from work.

sorry Julie but ... its not like they can just switch kids. they lived under the impression that she was their daughter, they grew to love her and have a special bond wiht her, and even if the other kids is blood related to them, they dont even know her

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honey.. you could have gotten home from work as fast as you could but there were just 4 minutes before the last post on the other thread and the opening of this one. Not even wonder woman is that fast.

You can't just trade one kid for another like it's nothing. I mean parents adopt children all the time and love them as their own even though they aren't related by blood.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I said it like that. It's just that it sounded like the general coversation (and the thread title) was indicating that you guys thought that they'd lose her and be down to just Celia

I kinda doubt that they and the other family would switch the kids back, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had regular get-togethers so they can be in contact with their real kids
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they come out of this happy, it's very sad to think that Juantia would be taken away if and when they find the 'real' parents.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddisonLove (View Post)
Honey.. you could have gotten home from work as fast as you could but there were just 4 minutes before the last post on the other thread and the opening of this one. Not even wonder woman is that fast.

You can't just trade one kid for another like it's nothing. I mean parents adopt children all the time and love them as their own even though they aren't related by blood.
lol yeah okay .. I couldnt have been that fast. I agree wiht you on that one

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Add me, pls?