Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

My detailed review. I took notes during the show.

- Susan getting the rocks in her face - Zach is such a moron! He needs to realize Julie doesn't want him ... but he'll stay locked up in his room staring at pictures of her. Maybe he can become friends with George.

- The whole scene with Bree/George/Rex ... disturbing. Especially when she grabbed both of them ... if I was Rex I would have been like "WTF do you think your doing?" then again ... he can't really judge this after the whole Maisy issue.

- Lynette's maiden name is revealed ... Linquist. So ... Tom's asst/ex last name is "Foster" ... like "Angela Foster" ... coincidence?

- Edie spilling the beans to Paul - that was expected/hilarious ... she didn't leave a detail out.

- Gabrielle throwing up from the deer skin in the car.

- Funny line: "Is there something going around"
"for centuries" ...

- Susan sitting down with the ladies ... how awkward was that?! And Mike warning her about Paul ... he had this smoldering look when he said that. Very uber-intense.

- Rex's jealousy. Played very nicely. Stan would be proud. But ... he screwed up with the whole "hands trembling line" ... "Yes we have ... and you still don't know when I need you to lie."

- Well ... it's official. George is my old-boss! What a psycho! Screaming at Ginger like that ... over something so futile. "Yes it's very serious!" - lol. And then she invites them ... BREE, WTF!!! And then Gabrielle coming out of the bathroom ... LMAO!

- Damn ... Lynette needs to chill. I liked the threat followed by "well, I better get you a parking space."

- Beads? Susan's mom is crazy ... and has to go!

-Psycho!Zach has a gift for Susan. Is it a human heart? Nope. Flowers.

- A FLASHBACK!!!!!!! w/ Martha! ... so Angela/MA stole the baby ... and changed her name! Interesting ...

- Sexy!Lynette I'm not a fan of this AnnaB. She's trouble.

- Gabrielle and a Priest ... two things I thought I would never put in the same sentence. "Sweet mother of God, what have you done this time?" - LOL! I was shocked she told him about John ... Gabrielle has a conscious? Eeery!

- Lynette asked Edie for advice ... and of course, she spouts out the line "keep your enemy's closer" ... does that mean she hated Susan and the "friend" thing was an act, all along?

- Paul is the "Worst Father of the Year!" - case closed! "You're not special." Zach - give it up ... Julie thinks your psychotic, and newsflash: You are!

- Why are AnnaBitch/Tom holding hands?! Lynette foreced her children to draw a "happy family" picture. LOL!

- Paul threatening Susan ... and telling her she changed her name, the other story. BS!!!! And then he threatens her.

- WHAT IS TOM'S SECRET????? I NEED TO KNOW!!!! And now he's mad at Lynette ... and he's drunk and going in a car with AnnaBitch ... did anyone else feel like they were watching an episode of "The O.C." w/ Sandy/Rebecca. LOL!

- What a shindig for Carlos! Zach is all dressed up ... Gabrielle manning the BBQ, not a good idea.

- Rex pushed George! And he grabbed Bree! That has to suck. But, he was so calm about it ... he's like ... I pushed him. LOL!

- Gabrielle announcing she's pregnant, Carlos' reaction (like I said before) was priceless!

- Susan cheering up Gab, and then seeing her kitchen blowup!!!! "It's a big fire!"

- Paul is evil. Bree is so naive. George is psychotic. So is Zach. Gabrielle is pregnant and everyone knows, including her. Lynette is scared/ashamed. Susan brought the hitman back ... NICE!!!!! Can't wait to see how this plays out.

- Next week: Looks like Carlos is going to find out about J/G ... the whole "your practically family line. Genius!

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 05-02-2005 at 01:23 PM
Old 05-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

This episode wasn't great a great quote episode (where I'll be quoting it all week), but it was still a great episode!

Zach and the rocks...OMG that was so hilarious! I would've told Zach off too if he had thrown rocks in my face. Doesn't the kid take a hint. Kudos to Julie for not continuously using her mother as an excuse and just telling Zach. Although Zach and the lighter, not what I like to see.

Another Susan note: loved the flashback (I love slapstick comedy!) parts, and also when she sat down at the other ladies table!

Gabrielle: She had the best line of the night! "Damn it! (Comes out of bathroom and says to George) " You ran out of toliet paper in there." And then walks away. She's so hilarious. And I loved the convo between her and Susan at the end of the episode. I still hope that the baby is John's but we'll have to see.

Lynette: I know that she was overstepping her boundries, but what he said about her trying to drive him out of the marriage wasn't in boundries either.

Bree: She needs to step away from the pharmacist. If I were Rex I would've changed pharmacists a while ago, because that dude just screams "CREEPY!"

Great episode...can't wait til next week!

icon: autumnღfairytale
Old 05-02-2005, 07:30 PM
New Fan

Grand episode...loved the pool/fire/Carlos scenes
Old 05-03-2005, 06:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, Ken, you did a very detailed review. I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside
- Tom's asst/ex last name is "Foster" ... like "Angela Foster" ... coincidence?
Angela’s last name is Forest and Annabelle’s Foster – so no coincidence. Just two last names that sound familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside
- Rex's jealousy. Played very nicely. Stan would be proud.
Thanks Ken. Yes, I was very proud of him. He did it so wonderful!

Some quotes I really liked (apart from the Rex/Bree story line):

Felicia to Martha: Don’t look shocked Martha, makes your face looks fat.
Priest to Gabrielle: Sweet mother of God, what have you done this time?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan22
Angela’s last name is Forest and Annabelle’s Foster – so no coincidence. Just two last names that sound familiar.
Look at that ... I created conflict where it wasn't.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes
Old 05-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Alright, finally, here is my reviews.

I thought the opening sequence with Susan taking care of Baby Julie was so cute. I kept wondering if maybe that was Emerson (Teri Hatcher's daughter) in the scene on that spin-go-round thing.)

Zack throwing rocks in Susan's face was priceless. And while on the subject of Zack, he is really starting to creep me out. Especially with the end and all those pictures of her - school pictures, candid, creepy.

Speaking of creeps, Hello George. You creepy little man, you. He is perfectly manipulating Bree and I am somewhat shocked by how easily swayed Bree is by him but she does view him as a male companion. Although like you said, Ken, it was a little odd with her linking arms between him and Rex.

Ah, Rex. I loved him in this episode. And pushing George into the water was classic.

Gabby cracked me up. Twice did she use the phrase "Son of a bitch." First when she yells in in the bathroom (which had me dying of laughter)..and then at Carlos.."Carlos! You son of a bitch! I am pregnant and it's all your fault" SLAP! Dying yet again. Eva is perfect for Gabby.

I loved the scene between her and the priest "Good Lord, what have you done now?" ..

And I thought the scene between her and Susan was very sweet. They always have sweet scenes together - like when Carlos was hauled off to jail and Susan was on the porch with her and now with the pregnancy. I have a feeling Susan will be supportive of her, despite not approving of Gabby sleeping with John, although I think Gabby should confide in Susan about Carlos hurting her.

Hm...Lynette. Liked her storyline but am extremely worried about Tom and this woman. I really like Tom and Lynette and I hope nothing too bad happens to them.

Susan and Mike. I loved him getting all protective of her and making her promise not to go after Paul. Hee. Just make up already! The look in his eyes, dude, he is definatly going to do something.

And Paul, you creep. Seriously, this episode should have been renamed "Rise of the Creeps" because they all came out. As soon as the kitchen exploded (It's a big fire!")..I knew it was him - especially when they were talking about how the gas was left on and stuff.

His story about Mary Alice was so lame about her changing her name because of a fight. Come on, Paul, you're supposed to be way smarter than that.

And dude, that private eye is so creepy. I am getting this feeling he will turn against Susan but I don't know. I'm scared for her.

It was nice to see Susan and Julie interact again though. ::runs to resurrect the thread::

Loved the Martha flashback - very interesting about Mary Alice taking off with the boy.

Quote:
This episode wasn't great a great quote episode (where I'll be quoting it all week), but it was still a great episode!
I agree. Although how the lines were said were great. Example: Gabby's "SON OF A BITCH!"
Old 05-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

OMG, little poor Gabby
I really hope that the baby is Jhon's è___è because I don't really like Carlos!

Zach and Paul scare me... And I hope Zach isn't going to hurt Julie ;__; I ship them

I liked Mike too *_* He was so pretty going to Susan and warn her about Paul... but she gets trouble anyway... God protect her...

Rex the best: the pool scene at the party will be stuff of legend xD
And Bree... Bree! My dear, open your eyes!!! George is a VERY disturbed guy!

At last, but not less important: Lynette! Great woman! I already hate Annabelle and Tom's behavoir was not really kind... I loved when Lyn went to Edie and asked her for help xD

I can't wait for next episode... We're getting closer to the end...
Old 05-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

De-topping.

Feel free to continue to discuss about this episode.

kenny | credit
Old 05-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Normally Gabby is my least favorite character but she was in her element Sunday. "Son of a B*tch!" from the pharmacy bathroom had me rolling! As did her conversation with the priest. She said something to the order about Carlos being so self-centered he didn't realize she was self-centered! Her talk with Susan at the end was very sweet.

George...creepy. Rex is right - they need to switch pharmacists ASAP.

Edie is quickly becoming a favorite. Initially I found her to be such a caricature and a horrible character. She's been FABULOUS lately though. I loved Lynette coming to her for advice and her decision to fess up to Paul in every little detail. Paul was just freaky though.

My favorite moment? The flashback with Mrs. Huber and her sister. "Don't look so shocked - it makes your face look fat" Typical of those two characters!