Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

I thought this was a good finale! One of the best ones I've seen so far this TV season. I thought Eva's acting could have been a little stronger, especially during the first confrontation, but it was good storytelling.

I wonder how this secret will play out though. Secrets like these don't ever really stay hidden on TV shows, but then again, they're not going to send the entire gang to jail. Not sure how much jail time the ladies would have to do for conspiring.

The show is definitely renewed for another season right?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, the Felicia-is-really-alive thing was kept a secret from S2-S7, so this thing might not ever be found out since the show probably won't last long enough for that kind of time to go by

Yeah, it's gonna have a S8
Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

^ That's a really good point! I just hope they'll either make it unexpected or just get it over with right away, because i don't like those storylines where you just know something is going to be revealed but you have to wait and wait and wait.

Good news that there will definitely be an eight season. I really hope to see Lynette and Tom fight.. not with each other but for their relationship. I feel like their seperation would be rushed way too much if this is really the end. I want to see them go to therapy.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Total Fan

God, it was intense!!

I loved every single minute of it. Gaby's stalker was so creepy. I almost wished Gaby had shot him during their first encounter. I'm really curious about the whole secret, will it stay hidden? I hope it will. But on the other hand I don't like Bree lying to Chuck- he is great and I like them together.

Loved it that we got more of Lee! He was hilarious.

I'm glad Felicia is out of the picture.

Hands down, seriously, it was a very good finale.

Aga

Old 05-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow, I loved the finale! It did a really good job with tieing up the character´s story-arcs this season and I loved the cliffhanger.

I´m glad Gabby´s stepdad got what he deserved. The murder itself could have been more suspenseful but the confrontation in the woods was very intense. Eva did great there.

I loved Bree and Carlos making up. Her and Chuck were very funny and I absolutely loved her scenes with Lee,`Time of gay, 11.22` More of those two!!!

Paul not killing Felicia was the right thing to do and it was a reward to Susan´s faith in him, her kind heart really had a influence on him and it made a difference in the end.

Renée was hilarious in the second half and I´m glad that she´ll be around next season.

Don´t know what to say about Tom and Lynette other than it better not be permanent. It would be so sad if they got ruined.
They´ve surived so much together but on this I´m with Tom, as he told her he didn´t know what she wanted. She pushed him to take that job and now she doesn´t want what comes with it. It´s unfair.

Now we have to wait till September.

Last edited by manja; 05-19-2011 at 04:25 AM
Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

Sabrina- They tried therapy. Lynette wasn't very receptive to it. She felt the therapist kept siding with Tom. She had trouble acknowledging the problems she caused in the marriage. This isn't something sudden. Regardless of the state of there relationship, this was always an obstacle for him. Watch repeats. You'll see how insistent she is have Tom do something with his life. And now that he did, she can't accept that he's the breadwinner. She doesn't want to feel less power in the household. She also doesn't take him that seriously. She writes off a lot of his actions. So, I think it was good they finally started identifying the problems and exacerbated them. I'd love to see them fight for the marriage but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around when or how that would end up happening. Lynette seemed so done and over it, even saying she felt "relieved" with his absence. But I have trouble picturing Lynette dating, too. I mean we did have the whole Rick-thing, but I felt that was more Lynette enjoying the company of another man outside of her family and issues, and not so much on the romantic level of leaving her family for him. She played with Rick's emotions and basically used him. So I wonder how they'll handle it. And remember, Marc Cherry is out, so I wonder how new show runner will decide to arch there relationship.

I think the fact that Chuck is with the police force, will catapult the season's mystery as how the girls will continue to cover it up, and keep it hidden from there husbands. So it'll be interesting to see how that event might have changed them, too. And how it will affect Gablos. Because keeping this secret, the guilt, the anguish, the frustration, etc. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I think it will be the focal point for next season, but I don't know anything specific. (Wish I did.)

See I thought Eva played both sides perfectly. When she was in control over Alejandro in the woods, she upped the frustration. But when she was in the house, being confronted, she had this child-like meekness. And I think it worked both scenes, perfectly. I love that Gaby had a story arch that actually involved Gaby's genetic makeup as a character. A story arch that came about in s2 regarding her mother and stepfather, to finally adress that head-on, was smart. I felt a stronger connection to her character this season. It actually made the porcelain doll story line less ridiculous. Because that could have been, but Eva was very committed to it... and we got a payoff, essentially saw the writings on the wall.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 05-20-2011 at 12:12 AM
Old 05-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
Sabrina- They tried therapy. Lynette wasn't very receptive to it. She felt the therapist kept siding with Tom. She had trouble acknowledging the problems she caused in the marriage. This isn't something sudden. Regardless of the state of there relationship, this was always an obstacle for him. Watch repeats. You'll see how insistent she is have Tom do something with his life. And now that he did, she can't accept that he's the breadwinner. She doesn't want to feel less power in the household. She also doesn't take him that seriously. She writes off a lot of his actions. So, I think it was good they finally started identifying the problems and exacerbated them. I'd love to see them fight for the marriage but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around when or how that would end up happening. Lynette seemed so done and over it, even saying she felt "relieved" with his absence. But I have trouble picturing Lynette dating, too. I mean we did have the whole Rick-thing, but I felt that was more Lynette enjoying the company of another man outside of her family and issues, and not so much on the romantic level of leaving her family for him. She played with Rick's emotions and basically used him. So I wonder how they'll handle it. And remember, Marc Cherry is out, so I wonder how new show runner will decide to arch there relationship.
Ah, that's true. I completely forgot about that and I think you did a really good analysis of their relationship. I really enjoyed reading that. So perhaps Lynette should change? It's not uncommon for a TV character to hit rock bottom and realize changes are needed. It'll be very interesting to see what the next season will bring for Lynette. I really hope they don't go straight to her dating though. I hope she'll reflect on her life and marriage instead.

Btw, did any of you guys watch Ugly Betty? Gaby's stepdad played Betty's dad in that show. He was always so dorky and nice in Ugly Betty, but I think he portrayed the freaky stepfather really well. It took me a while to remember it was the same guy.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the time apart between LT is good they need time to figure out if they want to save their marriage or not. Lynette has to let go of her sense of control
Old 05-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

And Tom needs to stop feeling like he has to prove something to her. And not demean her role in the family. It's not 1-sided, it's a 2-way street.

kenny | credit
Old 05-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

They both have issues to work out.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree plus through the years whenever one of them is more successful than the other, or one of them is working and the other one isen't than Tom or Lynette feels resentful towards each other, and that's not a very good pattern to have. You should be happy for the success of your partner and not be resentful of it. I really think they need to address that.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

That is true. It's probably hard for both of them. Lynette has always been pretty ambitious, and she was good at her job. It's hard for her to step back. Tom had to prove himself. It's just going to be very hard for them to get past it.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

They need to come to a compromise in there relationship, otherwise... it's not gonna work. And they are both awfully stubborn, so that'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

kenny | credit
Old 06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I can't think of what they'll do about it.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm glad I stayed spoiler free, finally watched the last 4 episodes straight online !!!!

the box reminded me of Mary Alice S1, the chest. (creepy) Well now it's like they are the Original PLL's hehehehe and isn't Doug Savant married to umm Melrose Mom.