Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

"Connect! Connect!" 5x12 Episode Discussion - 1/11

Quote:
Susan and Edie accidentally lock themselves in a basement; Bree's plotting against Andrew's future mother-in-law comes at a cost; Gaby loses control of her girls and turns to Carlos for help; Lynette's search for Porter leads to her mom (Polly Bergen); Katherine and Mike define their relationship; and Dave inches closer to exacting revenge.
Episode 99 for those keeping count... Sounds like a great episode,

I'm glad they are doing an episode with Susan/Edie together. I loved the dynamic they used to have in the earlier seasons, like s1 with the Martha Huber's ashes.

Last edited by smoothaise; 01-08-2009 at 06:53 PM
Old 01-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm glad they are doing an episode with Susan/Edie together. I loved the dynamic they used to have in the earlier seasons, like s1 with the Martha Huber's ashes.
Me too. They cracked me up in the earlier seasons and I always loved their dynamic.

Martha Huber's ashes.

BTW, I've been a fan of the show for a while, but I never got around to post here ... I'll try to do that now. I'll introduce myself in the introduction thread.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Joana Glad to have you on the board. You'll make a fine addition to our community.

The trailer is teasing at Lynette getting in a car accident. But I highly doubt it.

kenny | credit
Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like a good one! And I am seconding the loving some Susand and Edie-ness - it has been way too long!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I mean, we've always gotten Edie/Susan scenes, but this will be fun to have them stuck together. I was kinda hoping last season's tornado episode would've had those two stuck together. But, I understood why it was Gaby with how the season had played out.

Julie - Wasn't this a Nanny episode where Fran/CC got stuck in the wine cellar and she put hairspray in her hair.

kenny | credit
Old 01-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is great! LOVE Susan/Edie stuff.

Ken - I don't think Fran had hairspray when she and C.C. got locked in the wine cellar. I think she did all that with a brush or a comb. The point is, she got C.C.'s hair to look like Sylvia's.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, man... how I miss that show!

And from the trailer, it looks like Carlos kept the beard. I kinda want it gone. I know RT would probably disagree.

kenny | credit
Old 01-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love how people always end up locked up together on tv shows when they need to have it out.

Love the Edie/Susan dynamic. Edie hasn't really had interaction with most of the housewives since she got back, so that'll be nice to explore.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's like the first season, when Susan and Edie hated each other and burned down each others houses.

Can't wait for tonight it will be awesome, I do hope nothing comes between Bree and Andrew I don't want anything to happen with their relationship.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed tonight's episode. But, I'll be back tomorrow with my complete thoughts.

kenny | credit
Old 01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm going to have to watch this on abc.com tomorrow. I was watching the GGs
Old 01-12-2009, 06:29 AM
Addicted Fan

No comments yet? I'll start then

I enjoyed the epi. My favorite part was Susan/Edie. I love those two together. I think what they said to each other was spot on and they were both right, so I was very glad to see it struck a chord to both of them and led them to make changes in their lives. I'm so glad Susan is not moving anymore and is gonna be alone for awhile and that Edie is more open to love and a happy ending than before (her story about her father was sad), although I'm not sure that happy ending is with Dave. I was glad that after this their friendship seemed to have gotten stronger. I liked the little smile they gave each other at the end.
I was expecting a big fight between them from what we'd seen on the promo, but it was nothing like that. The slap was funny and then Edie forcing Susan to guess from what month was each magazine.

Bree and Alex were sweet. I think it was great that they reached an agreement between them and it was fantastic to have Bree let him criticize her because she needs someone like that. I'm glad Andrew was mature about Bree and Alex fight and did not side with anyone but just tried to make Bree see what she tended to do with everyone. I expected him to fully turn against her and I'm glad it wasn't the case. I guess I was still with Old Andrew in my mind.
However, I think Alex's initial critic to Bree was too much. I did not think she was emasculating Orson at all. I was actually enjoying their little banter. I think it was sweet. So, I agree with Bree that what Alex said was a little rude, considering that they barely know each other. She may emasculate Orson sometimes (which doesn't really bother me, but I get the criticism), but at that time I did not think such an observation from Alex was appropriate. I get what the writers were doing, so I appreciated their SL and I was happy with the outcome.
On a side note: Orson is so cute when he acts like an excited little boy.

Lynette: I'm SOOOOO glad the "Porter going to jail" SL is over!! It was so boring and had been dragging on for too long. I love Lynette and I want her to have a SL that does not revolve once more around the twins getting into trouble. What about a SL with Penny? She was never used before because she was too little, but she's grown now so it's the perfect time.
But I really liked that Lynette came to peace with her mom and that we found out one more thing that had happened in these past five years. I totally understood why Lynette put her mom where she was was, but I also got why her mom was angry all the time. I loved how they made up at the end and found a common ground and are on their way to actually becoming friends.

Gabrielle
: I felt sooooo much sympathy for her. I go nuts with kids that act like brats and never obey and it does never seem to be nothing you can do to make them do what you're asking. I feel like slapping them. My little cousin who's 3 is adorable, but when he goes off screaming and out of control... he loses all his adorableness. I usually blame the parents. They seem to be great parents but if the kid is acting like that every 5 minutes is because he's too spoiled and needs to learn he can't have everything he wants, the opposite of what usually happens. So, although I felt so much sympathy for Gabrielle, I really wanted her to take a stand and not let her kids win. I felt so sad for her when Juanita told her she loved Carlos more. Bringing the big guy to yell at them was classical Gabrielle and I loved it. I'm not sure if it shows great parenting skills, but I don't care .. it's a show and I loved it: they had it coming. I loved when Carlos told her the girls said they loved her more when he was the one taking care of them. This is really how kids are... they say things without really meaning it. I agreed with what Carlos said about their arranging too. Gabrielle can't expect him to do everything, when she was the one who forced him to accept this new job. (I'm still with Carlos on that one.)

Mike/Katherine
: Their scenes make me cringe. They're too awkward and have no chemistry. I felt like throwing something when Mike said he thought he was falling for her. Huh.. What? It's just too much ... I'd be ok if they're just dating .. I could sort of get past the awkwardness... but getting serious? No, please... just end it! I liked Katherine last season, so I was glad she stayed.. but I'm not really liking her this season.
Also, I was almost expecting Mike to find out Susan was moving too and have him getting mad over that, instead over Katherine moving. That would have been fun and interesting.

Dave: So, the mystery seems pretty much solved now, doesn't it? Or am I missing something? His wife and daughter were killed in the car accident that Mike and Susan were into and now he's looking for revenge. For that he wants to kill the woman Mike loves (and probably his kid too) so he could suffer as much as he did. He thought Mike was still hung up on Susan, but now he finds out Katherine might be the one he loves... so, now he plans to take Katherine away from him and not Susan, but for that Katherine needs to be around and for their relationship to progress and not for them to break up, so he sent the flowers to her for them to make up. Right?
Now, I suspect that sometime in the future Mike's feelings for Susan might come to the surface again which would lead both him and Dave to realize he's still in love with her, which will turn Dave's plan to Susan again ... and this will eventually make Mike and Susan grow closer again and make up by the end of the season. That's my speculation, as predictable as it may seem. However, I find it strange that the mystery seems to be solved already so there must be more to it.

Last edited by JLarah; 01-12-2009 at 06:40 AM
Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that was slight better then last weeks episode.

Lets start with!

Bree: Again I loved this episode mainly because they gave Bree more to do and had alot of Orson. Orson acting like a kid and jumping off the stairs was HILARIOUS! I think that was my favorite scene in this episode by far. Bree and Alex, at first I wanted to say hey Alex "This is Bree Vande Hodge we're talking about she's going to be like the way she is now let it go", and for Bree "Darling I think Alex has a point in treating people who love you the most with a little more respect." But I didn't because I know that Bree has been a little bit bitchy this season since opening her business. I think Andrew acted very mature in this whole situation and did be as mad at Bree as I thought he would be. I'm glad both Bree and Andrew can be adults about this.

Bree & Orson's "make love" scene was so funny. The faces Bree made when she was in bed was so cute. BrOrson adorableness was the best!!

Lynette: Well, this storyline with Porter is over "Thank goodness", and of course Lynette would be ok that was a stupid. I'm happy that Lynette and her mom cleared everything up. Now lets get something really good for Lynette then I'll be happy.

Gabby: I knew Carlos going back to work and not seeing Celia and Juanita would cause some drama. Gabby dragging an annoying Juanita was hilarious but painful. I'm glad Carlos told Gabby what I wanted to tell her last week and now she can't take back anything. It was nice to see Ricardo's adorable cheeks again, I missed seeing his cute face.

Susan: "Thank you Edie" for telling Susan what no one has the heart to tell her. This woman does not need any man to be around her at all times. I'm glad she realize this and finally woke up and told Jackson that she's not going to move in with him.

Edie: Well, that was fast kicking out Dave and than bringing him back? um that was not a good thing. I really wanted Dave to carry out his plan to get Mike.

Over all: Fantastic, it was definitly better then last weeks and I can't wait for the 100th episode next week.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga

Last edited by MrღMrsStinsbatskys; 01-12-2009 at 07:33 AM
Old 01-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode!

Susan and Edie locked in the basement was hilarious Loved Edie making a chart of Susan's love life! And that Dr. Ron was mentioned especially since I had seen an episode with him on my DVDs earlier that day (Sunday).

I understand why Alex was upset, but Bree was just being Bree and I didn't think she really needs to change. But it's nice that she's willing to try to change to make her future son-in-law happy. And the sex before news thing was great! I love how she and Orson did the exact same stuff at the same time (pulling the bedspread down, sitting on the bed, removing their robes, getting into bed)

I'm glad that it looks like the Lynette/Porter story is finishing up. I like storylines that involve the kids on this show, but not the ones that are the only storylines the mother (in this case Lynette) are a part of. Lynette hasn't really had any storylines to herself that doesn't involve Porter since this one started. And it seems to have been going on all season. I liked Lynette's trick to get her mother to bring Porter to the hospital, though. And that Lynette is able to have a nicer conversation with her mom now.

Even though I understand Gabby's girls are not happy that their daddy won't be around as much now, I think that Juanita was just being a brat. Although she has been in other episodes too before Carlos went back to work. And I thought it was funny when Gabby brought that big guy in to scare them into being good

All episode when I saw Katherine I kept thinking "why can't Dylan come and visit her?" That way Dylan wouldn't be alone with the baby and Katherine wouldn't have to leave WL. And plus we would get to see Dylan again for the first time after the time jump. I think she's the only character (of the main kids) we haven't seen since before the time jump.

Dave is creepy as always. And I'm starting to wonder if maybe he'll go after Katherine now that Mike's (maybe) in love with her. I mean, if I understand it right, it seems like he's wanting to get rid of the person/people that Mike loves and it doesn't matter if it's Susan or someone else. Just as long as it's the woman that Mike's (currently) in love with.

And when Edie took Dave back it makes me wonder if he'll end up being like another Orson. Meaning after the mystery is solved (and if he's back on his meds regularly with his issues solved) he'll stick around

Great promo! Can't wait for the 100th episode on Sunday!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Extreme Fan

GAH I am so excited to watch this episode! I'm SUCH an idiot you know? I knew there was something I was missing for the last two weeks & I just realized a few days ago DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!! So I have both episodes ready to be watched in about an hour YAYAY =]