Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Yes, you need 500 posts to submit a request, and then it's one request per person per month. So you would just be able to request for one category. The requests for September are full though, so you'll have to wait until the September polls are up and the October requests are open for suggestions.

Posts are not routinely deleted unless they break site rules.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This is a question/suggestion. Battlestar Galactica is in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section of the boards, while Heroes/Lost/The X-Files/etc are in the TV shows section. What's the criteria being used? Battlestar Galactica has a sci-fi "exterior" but it's just as character driven, if not more, as Lost, Heroes, etc, so what separates it from the other shows who have sci-fi elements but aren't in the Sci-Fi category? It just feels likes BSG should be in the TV Shows category with those shows, or that all the other shows mentioned should be in the Sci-Fi section along with it.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

There was discussion either at Requests or the Moderators board about where to put BSG before it was added. At the time the consensus was Sci-fi because of the space theme and because it's a franchise.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, okay. Any chance of that ever changing ?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecat (View Post)
Oh, okay. Any chance of that ever changing ?
The Management Team is currently discussing a change with the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category.

I want it to be known that it was mainly my idea to have BSG in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category because well it just seemed natural. We started on the Sci-Fi/Fantasy board, it a show that is on the Sci-Fi channel, and it has had 2 series, comics, 2 (one coming soon) mini-series. However, a lot of posters do wonder the same questions that you asked.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In all honesty, I do think BSG belongs in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category, what bothers me and a lot of posters is that other shows which are also sci-fi aren't in that category, too So it'd be nice to see everyone down there And, in case the Team doesn't think that should happen, then it'd be cool to see BSG up there with them You know? Equal rights !
Old 08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't want to make it worse, but BtVS is also considered Sci-Fi . I agree with Lovecat, it's understandable why the others are in there because they don't fit into another category, but BSG does... so I'm perhaps for moving BSG into the TV Shows category.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

BtVS and Angel
Old 08-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Indeed
Old 08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

I don't post much on the Sci-Fi boards, but I agree that some shows that are in the TV Shows category that are fantasy, like Heroes or Lost, should be categorized as Sci-Fi.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Total Fan

I tihnk there should be more forums.

So maybe we should let two boards in from th New Forum Polls each catergory each month[s], instead of one.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerdrogo (View Post)
I tihnk there should be more forums.

So maybe we should let two boards in from th New Forum Polls each catergory each month[s], instead of one.
We do get 2 boards every month
Old 08-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
We do get 2 boards every month
I think diggerdrogo means 2 new boards from each category each month, which would make 6 boards in total.

But that would be way too many boards in my opinion.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Melika (View Post)
It's been our experience that slow, steady growth is best. As Scythe mentioned above, most months 2 boards are added through the Requests system. Also, we recently added boards for 5 of the tv shows scheduled to debut this Fall. We want to keep the site fresh, hence the requests system but we also want to give new boards a chance to establish regular posters to help ensure their long term success at the site.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Melika (View Post)
I think diggerdrogo means 2 new boards from each category each month, which would make 6 boards in total.

Oh