Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

The Newbies Café #18: You new? So were we!

Welcome to the Newbies Café!

Do you think coffee is always the solution? Do you think a day is not a day if you haven't had that delicious cup of coffee using your favourite cup and sitting in your favourite place? Well if it is so, this is definately YOUR place. Because here, we might be few, but we sure are good ones.

What is the café really?

Well, imagine you are walking by this really empty and dark street, it's kind of late at night and you can't stop thinking that you need a good talk with some good friends, about whatever: books, tv shows, movies, life...and you think "How awesome would it be If I could find all my friends and go and have the perfect coffee at the same time?" but, what are you thinking? You can actually do that! Just enter the fourth door in that dark and empty street and you'll find us. The Newbies Café is what is written at the front door. And once you open that door, you'll find an amazing café. With those amazing comfy couches and those lights that bring you peace. You can be served by one of our many waiters or you can serve yourself. You can have coffee, tea, water, orange juice, whichever beverage you prefer. You might want to grab a bite also, it's up to you, really. Because that's the magic of The Newbies Café!

Who will be in the Newbies Café?

Here, you'll find all kinds of people. You may find a stranger you don't know who happens to be making a stop around here. You can find that old friend you haven't spoken to in months, you can find the same old faces (those who come and get their coffees every day ), you can even find people you have never even seen in your Fan Forum life!

We love the Newbies Café, and everyone who comes and hangs out with us in here, that's why we like to share all kinds of stuff. Be not afraid of talking about whathever you feel like, we'll find it interesting, for sure. I repeat...for sure. Post pictures, post songs you love, post poetry, or post paintings. We'll love it! Talk about tv-shows, about your friends, ask advice, ask for support. Do whathever you feel like. Because you can do that in the Newbies Café!

And most importantly of all...HAVE FUN!

Old 09-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks to 4N6 DNA for the title suggestion.

I'm not feeling well, and right now just the thought of coffee makes me want to ... puke.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Aw how come you arent feeling well?

I was never a big coffee fan, dont like the smell. Then in college, starbucks was the only place that was 24 hrs and then i learned to tolerate the smell
Old 09-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Chris I'm sorry you're not well have you tried drinking Lucozade? I like that when I feel sick and I feel sick a LOT

Had work again yesterday and talk about throwing me in at the deep end! I was the only one there and I had to server drinks ALL night! I didn't get home until midnight!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris hope you feel better soon!

Aww Jen! that's horrible! How could they leave you alone when you just started working there??
Old 09-09-2007, 05:07 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks guys. I'm recuperating from some minor surgery, hopefully today will be better.

Lucozade? Never heard of it. I'll have to see what google comes up with.

Agree with Val that leaving a new employee on their own isn't nice.

4N6 DNA - normally I love the smell of coffee in the morning. I"m sorry, I think you introduced yourself, but I'm terrible with names.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

scythe - wow they kept you busy

chris - Its Jessie It's ok! I'll bet Im worse at names than you Glad your surgery went well! I wish you a speedy recovery
Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, you don't have Lucozade?

It's what most people would drink here if they weren't well... it's not very sweet and it's slightly fizzy. It's nice, Dad bought me some the other day when I wasn't feeling too good.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had never heard of Lucozade either I googled it though, is it anything like Gatorate?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Chris.

I hope you feel better, Chris. Speedy recovery to you.

Jen--that's too bad. I hope you did well enough.

After my night of TV pilots last night I can't tell what I think about some of the new ones. I think I need more time to think.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
After my night of TV pilots last night I can't tell what I think about some of the new ones. I think I need more time to think.
Which ones did you watch?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Chuck, Life, Bionic Woman and Journeyman--all of the new NBC ones. I'm going to the CBS ones on Tuesday, too. We'll see how that goes, too.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ok. I've seen Chuck (which is the only one of all the pilots I've seen that I really liked so far) and Bionic Woman (which I probably won't be watching), but not the other two. Are they worth checking out?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know how I feel about Journeyman's ability to not be too mired in weirdness week after week, and I liked Life (and you might if you find procedural shows like Law and Order.)
Old 09-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
I had never heard of Lucozade either I googled it though, is it anything like Gatorate?
Yeah, that's what I came up with too.

Hubby's seen a preview for 'Bionic Woman' recently and couldn't believe that they were remaking that show.

Roz - sounds like I might like 'Life'. I'm not a big Law & Order fan, but it's easy to watch and not feel lost if you haven't seen the preceeding episodes.