Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
*sigh* last week at Uni and then I have a month off... I just want it to be over
wow, you end early. I think university ends in April here. As for cegep we end in early May.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Hello everyone!

University ends in may here (Barcelona) and then we've got exams in june. But spring break is at the corner! And I'll have two weeks off
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Hey everyone!

Wow, I'm so jealous now. Over here our year is just starting. I have a break only on July and then only at the end of the year, around the end of november *sigh*
Old 03-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I have a month off for Easter and then in June I get 4 months off

But then I have to do my job in the holidays. I find my job a lot less work than Uni though.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Four months off?! That's just plain cruelty to me!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I find my job a lot less work than Uni though.

Our uni-year starts in september, we have a term that lasts until december and then we have exams in january. The second term starts in february and it lasts until may and on june we've got exams all month long, just as in january. Then we're free from july to september

It's raining so bad outside and so windy! It's the second time in less than a month that the day starts being all sunny and ends up in rainy-windy weather, and I am without an umbrella. I'm still cold!

Glad inside our little café there's no cold
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 03-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
Four months off?! That's just plain cruelty to me!
I won't mention that I only have 3 days of classes either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by - cris - (View Post)

Our uni-year starts in september, we have a term that lasts until december and then we have exams in january. The second term starts in february and it lasts until may and on june we've got exams all month long, just as in january. Then we're free from july to september

It's raining so bad outside and so windy! It's the second time in less than a month that the day starts being all sunny and ends up in rainy-windy weather, and I am without an umbrella. I'm still cold!

Glad inside our little café there's no cold
I get a month off in December/January too so technically I'm only at Uni for half a year, which is perfectly fine with me.

It's gone really cold here too last week I remember posting abut how unusually hot it was for March and now it's gone back to Winter cold. I'm sitting here in jeans and a cardigan with my blanket wrapped around me.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Here we start the year in February and we have exams the whole month of June. July we're on break, and we're back in August til November, when we had our second batch of exams, then we have December and January off. Which is barely enough time to do nothing

Quote:
And now you're just massing with me

Over here the weather is unusualy cold! It's always hot here, but specialy now (since it's summer!), but over the weekend and today we're havinf a lot of cold. And rain. So upseting!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Will you kill me if I say I only get one exam a year?

It's my course, most of it is practical design stuff. We have alot of coursework which we have to do in our own time.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I think when I go to university, I'll have to have at least 3 "exams" every half year....

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 03-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Will you kill me if I say I only get one exam a year?

It's my course, most of it is practical design stuff. We have alot of coursework which we have to do in our own time.
One?! One exam?! How's that possible?! I mean, I have 7 maybe 8 exams per term! And you have one?! If I had the money to go to UK, I would kill you, Jen
Old 03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lucky Cris. Here I'm on spring break (everyone gets next Monday off, bless the election ) and then we get at least a four day weekend at Easter.

ETA: Usually for finals we write papers in social science, the more technical programs get final exams.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
One?! One exam?! How's that possible?! I mean, I have 7 maybe 8 exams per term! And you have one?! If I had the money to go to UK, I would kill you, Jen
Well I had to do:

2 - Marketing Campaigns
1 - Coporate Identity Guidelines
1 - 3000 word essay
1 - CD Rom showcasing art + 2000 word evaluation
1 - Touchscreen Interactive Kiosk application + Packaging + 1000 word evaluation
1 - 50 page Javascript & CSS website

Next term I have to do:

1 - PHP Website
1 - DVD interface
1 - 3000 word essay
1 - Essay

And for Friday I have to do:

1 - 1500 word evaluation
1 - Presentation on past Marketing Campaigns & Corporate Identity Guidelines
1 - Essay Proposal

So I haven't really got it easy

Last edited by Scythe; 03-19-2007 at 01:16 PM
Old 03-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jen knows when to say the things to make us go all "WHAT?"

Quote:
so technically I'm only at Uni for half a year, which is perfectly fine with me.
I think I'm at uni three quarters of the year but I really can't complain!

Quote:
It's gone really cold here too last week I remember posting abut how unusually hot it was for March and now it's gone back to Winter cold. I'm sitting here in jeans and a cardigan with my blanket wrapped around me.
Same here! We were having nice warm weather and somedays I had to wear my jacket in my hand all day but it's all changed now!

Quote:
Here we start the year in February and we have exams the whole month of June. July we're on break, and we're back in August til November, when we had our second batch of exams, then we have December and January off. Which is barely enough time to do nothing
I guess the main seasons is what makes the scholar-years change. I love seeing how different all of our years are!

Quote:
Quote:
Usually for finals we write papers in social science, the more technical programs get final exams.
Quote:
So I haven't really got it easy
My career doesn't involve as 'practice' as Jen, either. I hardly have to ever hand in anything during the course and the entirety of my grades is normally based on just one exam I do at the end of the term (which usually consists of a couple of essays, normal since it's literature ).

I'm going to go start our new thread! I can't believe we're there already!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

We've got a new thread, guys!

http://www.fanforum.com/f20/newbies-.../#post14575102
Closed Thread   Post New Thread