Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok thank you so much for the info and replying back. I really appreciate it.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

You are welcome . Since there still is a while it just means you have more time to think of ideas of what you would like to see .
Old 11-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedღskies (View Post)
You are welcome . Since there still is a while it just means you have more time to think of ideas of what you would like to see .
I actually do have a few questions if you don't mind answering them? Do the mods get to give input on the color scheme and pics used?
Old 11-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a little question. If you apply to be on the Graphics Team and if you're accepted, are you required to make banners for every time any given board needs one or are you assigned to make graphics for specific boards?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
I have a little question. If you apply to be on the Graphics Team and if you're accepted, are you required to make banners for every time any given board needs one or are you assigned to make graphics for specific boards?
I'm sure Rae will explain this a lot better than me, but every 2 weeks there are 3 boards chosen to customize and as a GT member you "have to" make 2 banners (preferably) per round, 1 is also allowed. If for some reason you can't make one (being away etc) you just need to notify the Graphic Team Leaders on time and they'll help you further.

If you're interested in applying, we have a thread on the Fan Art board where you can practice your banners and such and receive tips.
http://www.fanforum.com/f51/graphics...help-63097078/

Quote:
Do the mods get to give input on the color scheme and pics used?
Yes. Rae opens - when a board is getting a customization - a thread on the particular board where you can put all your suggestions for pictures and colors, seeing a lot of the time we are not familiar with the person/show/franchise and already cannot predict what fits best or what you want.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profound❤Bond (View Post)
I actually do have a few questions if you don't mind answering them? Do the mods get to give input on the color scheme and pics used?
Of course, feel free to ask whatever questions you may have .

As Mel said, I (or in some cases Haylie might) will start a thread on the three boards chosen for that round to be customised. In that thread moderators and posters at the board can give us colour and picture suggestions. We want what you want and what is best for the board and in general. It would be awful to give you colours and pictures you hate as you would not want to post on your board as much if we did that. So we do take in all suggestions provided for us in those threads . Some things are not possible, but we try our best to meet the needs and desires of every board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Between Mel's answer and my answer hopefully this will make sense and not confuse you.

If you look in this thread you will see every roughly two-three weeks I post that we have started customisations on three boards. We call those a round and those rounds usually last two weeks, but sometimes get extended to three if not enough graphics are made. We prefer it if you make two graphics per round, and while Haylie and I choose which and when boards get customised you get to decide which of those three you wish to make the graphics for. You can make just one or you can also make something for all three, that is up to how much time you have. I find the best description is needing to make one graphic per week because the round lasts two weeks and you have to make two graphics.

People go away or do not have time which is understandable and we allow for that, Haylie and I just need to be made aware of it so that we know that you will be unable to make graphics that round. We also do take breaks such as over Christmas/New Years, Easter, and around the middle of the year (July) so it is not a constant thing. But you could always apply and if you do get accepted onto the team then you can see how you feel making the graphics and if you do not have the time to make two each round then choose to leave the team.

The thread Mel linked to is a great thread to practice and get tips before applying. You are also welcome to ask questions in there too about what is required of someone on the graphics team and things like that .
Old 11-03-2013, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

wolfsbane and hauntedღskies, thank you both for your quick replies! Really helpful and informative. I will go check out that link that was provided.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

I am glad we could be of some help . Let us know if you have any more questions and I hope you do consider applying.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

You're welcome.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you both for all the info! I appreciate it.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Elite Fan

You are welcome .

We have started customisations for Fan Art, Summerland, and Nathan Fillion .
Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the update
Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

more customization can't wait
Old 11-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fan Art. And Summerland too!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...