Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Help with posting threads!

If I want to post a new thread in a spoilers board or just a TV show, where do I get the template to post? And once I get it what do I do with it?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

hello

What do you mean a template? I didn't think FF had templates, just guidelines. All you have to do is click the "Post new thread" on the right top of the screen to start a new thread. You can add what you want and decide how you want to present your post. ALthough, there are a few general rules for posting on the board at the Spoilers QA Thread so don't forget to follow those And you know if you ever have a q about the rules to posting you could always PM the mod too
Old 10-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4N6 DNA (View Post)
hello

What do you mean a template? I didn't think FF had templates, just guidelines. All you have to do is click the "Post new thread" on the right top of the screen to start a new thread. You can add what you want and decide how you want to present your post. ALthough, there are a few general rules for posting on the board at the Spoilers QA Thread so don't forget to follow those And you know if you ever have a q about the rules to posting you could always PM the mod too
By template I mean like HTML code
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

If you are wondering if you have to use an html template, then I don't think that you do. If you want to start a new thread, I think you'd be safe doing it however you want as long as you follow the guidelines on the board.

If you are wondering if there is an html template available, then I am not so sure, I've never seen one before. For all I know, you just click to post a new thread and type away. I haven't been here for very long so I could be wrong

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding your question
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyton=LOVE (View Post)
By template I mean like HTML code
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean either. If you are starting a new thread from an existing thread that already contains information in the first post, then you would copy and paste what is in that first post (by replying to that post, saving the info, then back spacing out of the reply), then start your thread posting that saved information. Starting a new thread is just like making a regular post, except you're also adding a thread title.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

I think leyton=LOVE might be referring to the format of the post (bold, italic, underlined, center, colours etc..)

Like mentioned above, if you're viewing the board, you click on "Post New Thread". It's just like a post except you add a title, like Kelly mentioned!

But if you're referring to the formatting of the first post which I think is what you mean by "Template" then for more options in how to format your post on an existing thread, click on 'advanced' and it will take you to your message window with a few more options than the 'quick reply' mode.

Also, if your looking to start a new thread and don't know what information to put in or what kind of a layout to use, view the first post of another thread, click "Reply With Quote' and you will be able to see the formatting used for that opening post.

I hope this makes sense. I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. But hopefully this is useful!

Fan Forum uses vBcode. Click here.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks guys, and Kelly you really helped