Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, I do have my library account online and renewed, but I need to return one cause it’s on hold for someone so if I keep holding onto it, I get dinged.

I have lots of things I could do at home In case we get a lockdown but it’s kind of boring to not see people, I get used to work fulfilling that social role. Other than that, I’ve always been good at entertaining myself.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:08 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Our library is now closed until April 5th. Hopefully fines on overdue items would be suspended over that period.

Kristen - I prefer to read on my Kobo e-reader. It's something I didn't think I'd get used to, but now I love it.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So is ours! But the return slots will still be opened and they suspended all fines til they open again!

I spent today taking my cat to the vet for tests, set up a phone call with my doctor for prescription renewal, got cat supplies and a whole bunch of frozen meat and food to store so I’m pretty good for any potential strict stay in possibilities.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:09 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I hope everything is okay with your cat.

You're definitely wise to be stocked up during these uncertain times.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My cat is ok but I might need to add another blood pressure medication with his current one cause his number is a bit still higher than should be.

He’s very relaxed at home with me though, he’s more wanting to sit on my lap and likes hugging lately.

With California now on a lockdown, I feel like tomorrow I’m gonna get my medication prescriptions, an air filter for my purifier and some watercolor paper just in case our turn is coming.

I already got my hair cut short just in case the hair salons all close! Lots of time for it to grow out!
Old 03-19-2020, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I was put on "furlough" or standby my job. and I went to file unemployment so we will see what happens now.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:45 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Leanne - in these times, you're definitely wise to have a stock of items you think you'll need or want on hand. I'm in the opposite situation regarding hair. I was to get mine cut this past week, so mine is getting long

Tee - Lots of places are really scaling back and laying off workers. While it should make it easier for you to stay safe, it's unsettling not to have a paycheque. I hope your benefits come through quickly.

I got out to the store for some diary products yesterday, so I'm good for a few more days.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Leanne - in these times, you're definitely wise to have a stock of items you think you'll need or want on hand. I'm in the opposite situation regarding hair. I was to get mine cut this past week, so mine is getting long

Tee - Lots of places are really scaling back and laying off workers. While it should make it easier for you to stay safe, it's unsettling not to have a paycheque. I hope your benefits come through quickly.

I got out to the store for some diary products yesterday, so I'm good for a few more days.
Thank you I know my Job is trying to speed up the process so we will see.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:46 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I think we all need to do what we can at the moment to slow the spread of this virus.

Has anybody had to cancel plans? I have tickets to see Stars on Ice in May. while I hope things will have settled down by then, I might be wary about going if it's not cancelled.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

my company is deemed 'essential services' because we fix stuff for a bunch of different entities, including state and federal agencies. so much for some time off ugh. *sighs*

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 03-22-2020, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven’t had anything planned so I don’t have any disappointment there but I’m sorry, Chris

I have a feeling I won’t get back to work but will probably apply for EI for the time being although it’s less than what I regularly make so a bit anxious about that!

I’m done getting all I needed so now I guess I’m in for the week since your only supposed to grocery shop once a week.

I set up a counter space to work on watercolor or art. I’m planning to find some of my old travel photographs and then watercolor paint them!
Old 03-22-2020, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I didnt have plans either..
Old 03-23-2020, 05:35 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Leanne - painting sounds like a good way to take your mind off things. And yeah, employment insurance is better than nothing, but it only replaces a portion of your normal income

Dave - my son is still working too. The company has laid off non essential workers, so the people working have more room to space out.

Tee - I think any plans for the next few weeks will be up in the air and subject to change.

Yesterday I did an online order for chicken and steaks at M&M - a frozen food store. Hubby and I went to pick it up and hubby thought he should go in for the order. It's a small store, and he could see another customer inside, so he waited outside. Jeepers. This other woman was just piddling around wanting the clerk to show her a bunch of different items, then deciding not to take them. She seemed totally oblivious to the idea of limiting social contact. We were parked in front of Bulk Barn, a bulk food store. they have a notice posted asking people to use the hand sanitizer dispenser when they enter the store … of the 10 people I watched go in, only 3 bothered with the hand sanitizer and 2 were a mother and son. I seen an employee bringing baskets back to the store entrance, but she wasn't telling people to go back and use the sanitizer. At any rate, I was already wary of purchasing bulk food at this point in time, but now I'll definitely be avoiding bulk food in general and that store in particular.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooookay.... I got a letter saying that although schools are closed to students, all staff can still go to work after Spring Break... so all staff including me have to go work but no students to work with. And plus keep social distancing from each other and work things that virus can stick to for hours!

On the bright side, at least I’ll still get paid til end of April and be able to leave my home!

Talk about mixed messages during a public health crisis.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

every restaurant is takeout now. ugh. what's the point now? *freezer pizza*

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Closed Thread   Post New Thread