Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Sex & The City Update

As the shooting of “Sex and the City: The Movie” finishes up, there is some exciting news. Apparently there is a tell-all book in the works, and it’s said to be filled with juicy tidbits galore.

Reportedly, Clifford Streit (the former manager of SATC book’s author Candace Bushnell) is pitching the concept of a no-holds-barred memoir of the show’s real-life drama to several publishers.

Among the supposed details to be included is a scandalous story of two on-screen lovers taking the heat off-screen. In addition, Streit also plans to reveal the scope of Kim Cattrall’s tension with the other cast members of SATC.

Speaking of Kim Cattrall, she was spotted filming a scene for the new movie yesterday. The blonde beach babe was spotted on the sand in a black two-piece suit.

source and pics can be found here

A book? Any thoughts? I don't think it would help relations on set if it was to be published but I wonder who the two on screen lovers could be?!

Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

I agree that I think a book would be a bad idea. I believe it would really hurt the chance of a second movie... if those rumors were really even true. But, I'd more than likely buy the book if it was published.. but I hope not. Wonder were this guy would get his info. Surely not from the cast themselves. I see them as waaay too classy for that.

And as far as the two.. my guess would be Kristen and one of ther co-stars. I think I remember a rumor flying around about that awhile back. But, I never heard who the guy was.

SATC
Old 01-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Mr. Big...Daddy!
Mr. Big’s big day may be happening real soon.

The 53-year-old Sex and the City star stopped by the Boom Boom Room gifting suite in L.A. this weekend and told actor Bill Bellamy his baby is due any day now, reports an eyewitness.

In November, Noth and longtime girlfriend Tara Wilson announced they are expecting a baby. Noth met Wilson when she worked at his New York bar, the Cutting Room.

I'm told they're having a boy.

At the gifting suite, Noth took a look at Bumble Bags diaper bags. “He asked if the baby is supposed to go in the bag,” the onlooker reports.

I think it’s safe to assume Noth was kidding. (At least I hope he was.)
source

SEX AND THE STYLISH

"THE show was definitely an education in fashion," muses actress Kristen Davis, reflecting on the success of Sex and the City - in which she famously played Park Avenue Princess, Charlotte York. "I was an actress/waitress in New York before that, and I loved looking at Vogue, but I could never afford designer clothes. Fashion for me was a real learning curve. The first season I complained bitterly to Pat Field [the show's stylist]. Everything was so tight. I'd never dressed that way. Pat wanted Charlotte's look to be sexy secretary. And the only clothes around like that in 1997 were Dolce dresses and skirts. I kept whining, 'It's too tight.' Pat would just say, 'You're wrong, wrong, wrong.'" Field was right to think she'd found a magic formula – clothes, sex, and a modern version of sisterhood – and, over ten years since the show hit the small screen, its cast are in the final throes of completing the long awaited Sex and the City movie, which is due for release in March. Davies admits, however, that playing Charlotte meant her own fashion credentials were the subject of much scrutiny – not always with positive results. "In my personal life, I didn't really know what to wear," she confesses to Style magazine. "I could so easily get it wrong – and one year, I did. I was meant to wear a dress to the Golden Globes that I loved – then, ten days before the event, I got a call saying that Gisele was going to be wearing the same dress on the cover of W." (January 14 2008, AM)

Leisa Barnett

source

Old 01-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Congrats to Chris!

And that article says the movie is set for release in March! Wonder if its been moved up or its a mis-print.

SATC
Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

omg I didn't notice that?! I wonder has it been changed?!

Old 01-16-2008, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

SJP Says Little, but We Still Love Her

Sarah Jessica Parker is so proper that getting her to dish is almost impossible. Allure tried in its February issue, but didn't get even a morsel on the upcoming Sex and the City feature.

In fact, one of the very few SJP mentions of the movie is to admit how much she likes Mr. Big (aka Chris Noth). "I love him, I love him, I love him."

But there were a few details that caught our interest: She loves Thai takeout, The Amazing Race, Project Runway and...drumroll, please...Fritos!

Heck, if the salty snack is her guiltiest pleasure, there's still hope for Hollywood.

The Hum - SJP Says Little, but We Still Love Her

Old 01-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

A scan I found from People mag and thought I'd post

I definetly like Mirandas/Cynthias hair with more choppy layers

SATC
Old 01-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Oh, thanx so much, Michelle. Agree about Miranda's hair
Behind blue eyes
Avi by jo0ojz@livejournal
Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the scan. They haven't changed much in 4 years.

Aww I want to work in Big's bar.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 01-19-2008, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Love the scan! Thanks for posting it!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A couple of news bits from JJ:

SJP at Sundance.

Baby news for Chris!

icon by jess
Old 01-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news Stacy! So happy for Chris and his girlfriend!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Yay! for Chris. Orion.. that's a pretty intresting name. Oh and I love those pics of Matthew and SJP together.

Thanks Stace!

SATC
Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your welcome guys!

icon by jess
Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

'Sex and the City' film was planned all along

The cast of 'Sex and the City' had all signed contracts to appear in the movie version before the hit show had even finished its TV run.

Kristen Davis, who will revive her role as Charlotte York in the big screen version of the programme, admits the film was given the go ahead before they knew the series was coming to an end - but was delayed due to problems with the script.

It had been rumoured the delay in taking the show to the silver screen was down to a rift between the four lead actresses - Sarah Jessica Parker, Kirsten Davis, Cynthia Nixon and Kim Cattrall - and arguments over money.

However, Davis insists the cast had always intended to make the movie - they just had to wait for the show's producer, Michael Patrick King, to have a second script approved.

She says: "We had a contract to do the film even before the show ended and we were all so sad when it didn't happen. Now Michael has written another script. He wants 'Sex and the City' to be now, so it is very much set in 2008 - three years later in their lives."

Source

---------

So glad MPK wrote another script that everyone liked!

SATC