Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Episode #201 Discussion - Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Well we are now on season 2 - Which many say was the best season of SATC. Discuss away!

"In a world where leaving each other seems to be getting more and more frequent, what are the break up rules?"

Plot:

The girls force Carrie out of her post-Big doldrums by dragging her to a Yankees game, where she catches the New Yankee's ball and scores a date. Samantha tries to "coach" James into satisfying her despite his "bat" size. Charlotte dates a guy who's always adjusting his package. Miranda tells the girls off for being obsessed with men.

Pics:

Quotes:

Charlotte: Oh God, seeing someone for the first time [after you break up] is the worst. You never know how to act.
Carrie: Yeah, and then there's the vomit.

Carrie: Miranda was a huge fan of the Yankees. I was a huge fan of being anywhere you could smoke and drink at two in the afternoon without judgement.

Miranda: How did it happen that four such smart women have nothing to talk about but boyfriends? It's like seventh grade with bank accounts.

James: And how are the most beautiful women in Manhattan?
Miranda: If I see them, I'll ask.

Charlotte: It takes half the total time you went out with someone to get over them.
Carrie: I always like a good math solution to any love problem.

SATC
Old 06-16-2005, 03:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

I liked that episode.
I can totally relate with Miranda. Howcome women get together and only talk about men? We never stop being teenagers worried about boys, dates and kisses. I can't say it's a bad thing, but it gets annoying after a while.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

OMG i love the picture wehere Sam is pointin out that she has to sleep with something like this night after night

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-18-2005, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

I've got to rewatch this episode. Its been awhile since I've seen it last. But, I remember it being so funny. I love the quote about Carrie being able to drink so early and not being judged.

SATC
Old 06-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode. Sam was hilarious as usual and Charlotte too with those Wonderbra boxers (or whatever it was) I also liked Carrie/Big scene with slow motion and everything.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

I rewatched this episdoe finally. I love how Carrie has the courage to go up to the new Yankee and ask him out on a date. Sam's scenes with James are hilarious. Charlotte should have told her guy about the problem with his "low-hangers." I would have. I felt so sorry for Carrie when she ran into Big at the bar. He was just trying to make her feel bad. Why did he have to touch her and look at her like that? I think he knew what he was doing. And, it worked. And what a shame too, because the new Yankee was fine! I love the ending, because I thought she was calling Big. But, she ended up calling Miranda. And the last line of the episode is one of my faves from the whole series. The one about "no matter who broke your heart, you'll never get through it without your friends." Overall, I thought this was a great start to season 2.

SATC
Old 07-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

I watched this episode on TBS the other day. I thought it was funny how Miranda kind of got jealous when Carrie got the baseball! And how Sam hated the seats

I thought she was calling Big too. I was SO glad she called Miranda instead.

The 2nd pic with Sam & the hot dog...

I love that friends line
Old 07-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Total Fan

I love how they're all dressed up to go to the Yankees game. That sounds like something my friends and I would do. This was a really funny episode. I want to go home and watch it again now.
You are my signal fire.
The only resolution and the only joy,
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

I loved it! I thought it was a great way to start the second season.

SATC
Old 07-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Elite Fan

Yup, it was pretty funny. And yet bittersweet at the same time. I loved the Carrie/Big scene. And Carrie & Miranda at the end.