Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Episode #107 Discussion - The Monogamists

~Episode #107 Discussion~

"In a city like New York, with infinite possibilities, has monogamy become too much to expect?"

"Carrie learns that Mr. Big is dating other women and decides she wants a monogamous relationship. Samantha two-times her realtor. Miranda's feelings for Skipper intensify when she sees him with another woman. Charlotte reveals that she doesn't like giving oral sex, but no one is shocked."

Do you guys recognize this guy? Its the same one that plays in a later episode.

Quotes:

Carrie: Come on, you wouldn't commit to a nice guy, given the chance?
Stanford: I can't even commit to a long distance carrier.

Random woman: Monogamy is fabulous. It gives you a deep and profound connection with another human being, and you don't have to shave your legs as much.

Skipper: Don't you just want to just lie here like this forever?
Miranda: Well, for a few minutes, anyway.

SATC
Old 01-17-2005, 04:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

I haven't seen this episode a long time ago. But I'm re-watching season 1 so, I'll get to this episode soon.
I'll post my thoughts later.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm guessing not many folks liked this episode. It wasn't my fav either.. and I couldn't believe that Big would go out on a date when he had been dating Carrie.

SATC
Old 01-22-2005, 06:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

well it was not my fav. either .. but it was kind of funny.. especially the scene with sam

oh and the talk the girls had in the caffee about Charlotte not liking givin oral sex ..that was just hilarious

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle25
I'm guessing not many folks liked this episode. It wasn't my fav either.. and I couldn't believe that Big would go out on a date when he had been dating Carrie.

That was so Big, though. He drove us all crazy!

I never liked Skipper. I tried, but he was just annoying.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtie
I never liked Skipper. I tried, but he was just annoying.
I never liked him either. I'm glad they wrote him off the show. I was pissed that he was back in season two. He was just so weird, and very un-sex and the city. If that makes sense.

kenny | credit
Old 01-24-2005, 05:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

I also never liked Skipper. That's why I forgot all about him. I'm only remebering him now, that I'm rewatching the first seasons.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

The thing I found most gross was that the guy's dog was watching when he expected Char to give him you know. That's just ewww!

I loved it when Carrie asked Big just how many other women he was dating. So classic Carrie!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSTAR
I never liked him either. I'm glad they wrote him off the show. I was pissed that he was back in season two. He was just so weird, and very un-sex and the city. If that makes sense.

Yeah. He was very awkward and annoying.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree about Skipper. He just never seemed to fit in.

Watching this one next.

It actually doesn't surprise me about Big. They hadn't gotten that far in their relationship and sleeping with someone, most men don't take it monogamly (?) unless its usually discussed.

I once dated a guy, in my situation, only him, and only had sex with him, but he did date other women, but only had sex with me. I did believe him and eventually, we had the talk where he did start liking someone more than just a friend and wanted to sleep with her, so we stopped. By that point, I knew it wasn't going any farther, so I was okay with it. We would still hang out as buds, yes, flirt with each other, but it never went any farther. He wound up marrying her and after 10 years of marriage, they just had their first baby. I saw him about 3 mos ago for the first time in a long time, and he was still the same ole David. Flirty as ever.

Sad that the first scene is the Two Towers. *tear*

I think I don't like this ep because of the subject of oral sex. Just not my thing. I'm totally with Charlotte on this one.

"She's stunning and I should know, she stunned me."

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by Josh'sTexasGal; 02-03-2005 at 01:17 PM
Old 02-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

The guy in the 7th picture, the one who tried to pick up Carrie at the bar, he's the same actor that played Carrie's love intrest later on. He was the guy that got a little too excited, too quickly.. ahem.. and Carrie fell in love with his mother. I was rewatching this episode and kept thinking.. I've seen that guy before and I listened to the DVD comentary and sure enough.. that's who it was.

I wasn't surprised that Big was dating either. He always seemed to "big" to admit he really loved Carrie till the very end.

@ Stace - I bet it was really awkward seeing him again.

SATC