Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2011, 05:06 PM
New Fan

Uup, as someone who liked the Charlotte/Trey relationship I feel the need to defend them especially in their own thread. Trey may have had his issues but he was everything Charlotte had been looking for in a man. Plus, you could tell that they genuinely loved each other, despite what I've read in other forums. While people remember the cardboard baby they forget the baby rattle and watch- both with beautiful sentimental engravings. Plus, MPK actually did the cardboard baby in real life and he didn't seem to feel sorry about it like Trey- who though it would make Charlotte feel less anxious about their infertility problems.

Behind the scenes, I believe that Charlotte and Trey divorced since Charlotte seems to be viewers least favorite of the girls ((probably because she's the most traditional)) and the writers wanted to be realistic and have one of the girls go through a divorce. So they gave Charlotte her dream man then took him away. This was also effective as it left her open to the idea of dating Harry who I can't imagine her dating pre- Trey. Plus Haarry/Charlotte have the Beauty and the Beast aspect which sells unlike Beauty and Beauty. So to drive the nail in the coffin they made Bunny ((who I actually don't mind and even find quite funny)) the monster-in-law. On screen, I think Charlotte and Trey split since they rushed their relationship. Charlotte wanted to get married after a month and if the SaTC timelines I've read are correct, they married after just three months. And it probably wasn't helped by the fact that they didn't have a test drive.

That's why in my head-fanon Charlotte and Trey have a test drive instead of getting engaged and after six months (I like to imagine on New Year's 2001) they get engaged. But now that they're engaged Trey's Madonna/Whore complex surfaces causing Charlotte to dump him. A month goes by (It's now May 2001) and they see each other. They admit that they miss each other and get back together before marrying three months later in August 2001. Of course Charlotte and Bunny eventually reach an agreement (ala Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez in Monster in Law). Six months later Charlotte and Trey start trying for a child since they know they have a slim chance of conceiving. They try naturally the first two months before trying IVF. After two rounds they get pregnant but Charlotte loses the baby (as she does in the show) during the first trimester. Come Nov 2002 they try invitro again and after two rounds are sucessful. By the time they know Charlotte's pregnant it's Dec 2002 and they don't reveal the news until the three month mark in Feb 2003. Finally, Baby MacDougal is born August 2003 around their two year anniversary. Their second born (who's the opposite gender of their first born) comes three years later, completing their family by the time Charlotte's forty.

P.S. Wow, this post is a bit long. Sorry! Also both of those screencaps are hilarious.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's good to read a perspective on the show other than the usual Carrie & Big or Carrie & Aidan view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaselene503 (View Post)
Trey may have had his issues but he was everything Charlotte had been looking for in a man. Plus, you could tell that they genuinely loved each other, despite what I've read in other forums.
I think there was genuine love between them, it just felt like bad timing for both of them for me. What did you think about Charlotte and Harry?
Old 10-07-2011, 04:30 PM
New Fan

lol, thanks. I actually liked Carrie/Aidan but that was more of me liking Aidan than the actual couple. Ooh, I definitely agree about Charlotte & Trey's timing being awful. I'm glad Charlotte's happy but I didn't like Charlotte and Harry since I didn't like Harry. He's too loud and abraisive for my taste. Plus it always bugged me that Charlotte moved on from her divorce so quickly with non-Harry's then as soon as her divorce is final she starts dating her next husband. And while I can see that some of their moments are sweet I can tell that they're acting. And I believe that with any form of art/entertainment you should be so engrosed in the world you forget its not reality.

So did anyone else think Charlotte and Trey were going to last when originally watching the show?

P.S. It's funny but it seems that when it comes to characters and shipson SaTC I have the opposite opinion of most fans. Except for disliking Steve, Steve/Miranda or Smith- they're all too adorable and its moreso I just couldn't imagine why Smith would want Samantha.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Unfortunately I watched the show backwards (S6 first ) and I already knew the ending when I watched the earlier series. I'm not sure I would have expected Charlotte and Trey to end up together, mainly because a neat marriage so early in the show didn't leave much room for drama further along the line!

Charlotte and Harry weren't my favourite couple but I liked that she ended up with someone who didn't automatically fit her high expectations, I think it really developed her as a character. Still, it would have been interesting to see how Charlotte and Trey had developed without the constant drama that put an end to everything!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice pic

Old 10-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What a moment

Old 10-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero