Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Addicted Fan

You're welcome!

Also forgot to add that James is with her in that last pic!

#34 OBSESSED JB FAN

Come and see why we are so fabulous!
My space
Old 11-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

awww cute

I was watching the first wives club today, i totally forgot sjp was in it until i watched it!

Old 11-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Addicted Fan

I never knew she was in that film! I might just netflix it!

#34 OBSESSED JB FAN

My space
Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

I looked up SJP on youtube and found a bunch of pretty cool clips, alot of interviews

Old 11-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Is Sarah J. pregnant?!
Old 11-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

There was an article a while ago mentioning it but i haven't heard anything since

Old 11-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the info Emily!!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

No problem Aroa

Old 11-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily (View Post)
There was an article a while ago mentioning it but i haven't heard anything since
I haven't heard anything else about it either, must have just been a rumor.

#34 OBSESSED JB FAN

My space
Old 12-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe...but it would be sweet.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

It would be great news! She seems like such a great mom, she really adores her son

Old 12-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

And her son seems really adorable.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

I found this really great article

The Daily Record - NEWS - I NEVER BUY OUTFITS FOR MY WIFE...EVER

Quote:
I NEVER BUY OUTFITS FOR MY WIFE...EVER

Matthew Broderick's tough task choosing a present for stylish SJP
By Siobhan Synnot

WITH Christmas just over three weeks away, you might think Matthew Broderick would be getting all hot and bothered about his shopping list. After all, what do you buy Sarah Jessica Parker, the woman who seems to have everything.

"Jewellery works," grins the 44-year-old actor. But he says he knows better than to buy his shoe-struck wife anything else to wear.

Sarah Jessica not only set trends on Sex And The City but also got involved in designing.

And she still receives the latest of everything from top designers.

"I never buy outfits for my wife - ever," he laughs, revealing their house already has a room full of Sarah Jessica's ultra-fashionable gear.

"She wears everything and she gets everything for free, so what am I going to do?"

But Sarah Jessica's passion for fashion has proved to be catching and now Matthew has been bitten by the shoe-collecting bug.

"Even before Sex And The City, I remember when I first got to know her, I asked 'are these all your shoes?'

"And now I have to admit, I have quite a number of shoes. It's infectious. And then you start thinking - well, those shoes don't really go with this. So I gotta get those shoes. I'm very embarrassed about that."

However, this Christmas he says the real focus of presents will be their four-year-old son, James Wilkie.

"It is great to buy something good for my son but he has a lot of stuff," says Matthew.

But nowhere near as many shoes as his parents, he admits.

Like most youngsters his age, James' obsessions are TV cartoon characters.

Matthew added: "He loves Scooby-Doo at the moment. He's obsessed, so I can get anything at all connected with Scooby-Doo and he will love it."

It's fair to say that Christmas has been on Matthew's mind since the summer, when he was filming Deck The Halls, a Christmas movie with more than a touch of bah humbug.

Matthew plays a super-organised dad, who likes his traditional Christmas to run like clockwork - then gets embroiled in a feud with neighbour Danny De Vito about his over-the-top Christmas lights.

Matthew's wife is played by Kristin Davis who, of course, starred with Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and The City. "I have known Kristin for a long time and it was easy working with her because it wasn't a big romantic movie - that might have been different,'' laughs the actor. "I have liked her so much for years, so I was very happy that she wanted to do it. I've never worked with her before and Sarah said she'd be great - and she was."

Deck the Halls was filmed in Canada, from May to July this year, during one of Vancouver's hottest summers on record.

To keep cool in their winter woollies, Matthew and the cast wore jumpers with holes cut out, as well as jackets with the warm linings ripped off.

"It was hot and it did not feel Christmassy, so you have to act like it's cold," says Matthew.

"It was amazing and fascinating watching the crew pump out the fake snow." Unlike his screen character, Matthew is laid-back about the upcoming holiday. "Sarah Jessica likes to do most of the work," he smiles.

"A typical Christmas for me revolves around family, as well as eating enormous amounts of food.

"We've only lived in our house for about four years, so it's all a little bit new and having a four year old, Christmas really revolves around him and what he likes."

He added: "My wife has an enormous family, lots of brothers and sisters, so they come over, and my family comes over, and we just juggle going to different houses.

"I think it is similar to what everyone does. I always think Christmas is a lot of work. It means decorating, cooking, seeing people. I find it a lot of trouble."

Because he is half-Jewish, Matthew also tries to celebrate Hanukkah in the traditional way. "We try to get the candles out but we don't know how to do it properly," he says.

Ashy and unassuming man, Matthew has more than 30 films under his belt and is also an accomplished performer on Broadway, where he has won two Tony awards.

Matthew Broderick has had something of a bumpy movie career. For every Election or Lion King (he was the voice of Simba), there's been a Godzilla, or Inspector Gadget.

He is probably still best-known for his role as a cocky student who skips school in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

But as well as Deck the Halls, he has a few more films set for release, playing a schoolteacher in Margaret and a cartoon called The Bee Movie.

Meanwhile, Matthew's wife will forever be known as columnist Carrie Bradshaw from smash telly hit Sex And The City. The couple first met when Matthew directed her brother Timothy in a play and married in 1997. They later co-starred on Broadway in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.

Both actors got into the business at a young age and Matthew says he can still remember the time he put on his first convincing performance and became an actor.

"I saw my father putting together an electric train under the Christmas tree," he recalls.

"He did not know I saw him. It was my first major acting role because, the next morning, I had to pretend I was surprised I got a train for Christmas."

Later, he appeared as a teenager in films such as Max Dugan Returns and War Games, then appeared in a long string of features including Biloxi Blues, Torch Song Trilogy, Glory, The Freshman and The Cable Guy.

The star's 12-year marriage seems rock solid, despite the fact he and Sarah Jessica are one of the busiest couples in Hollywood - and that Matthew isn't quite fast enough for his fast-talking, fast-acting wife.

Sarah Jessica has said she thinks her marriage works because she does everything for him.

"I take care of him," she revealed. "I pack for him. I shop for him. I get his groceries. That's who Matthew is - people take care of him."

Matthew admits his wife doesn't like it when he puts stuff off.

"I don't always unpack in time. I don't make decisions quickly enough for her. We're different that way," he said.

"She's very like an executive who can quickly decide what to do and move forward, always moving. I'm slower, and that probably annoys her."

Deck The Halls is on release now.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article. I think men underestimate the power of a nice piece of jewelery.

I'd love the see SJP's shoe collection!

SATC
Old 12-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

No problem Michelle

Her shoe collection must be amazing!!