Fan Forum Hero

I think that was the first real appearance as a couple

• • era • • [icon]
Old 01-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It kind of puts a damper on all those pictures that we got during season 2 filming...how true was their relationship?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-02-2015, 08:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Honestly? If we're talking reasons why Chad did it. You have to look at the year. Was there a bigger reality star on Earth at the time like Paris Hilton? No. She was like all of the Kardashian's rolled into one.

If you go back and re-watch the House of Wax special that is on Youtube, I think Paris set out to get Jared Padalecki first and he wasn't taking the bait, so she moved onto Chad and he was just dumb enough to take it.

I think that Chad coming from his mother leaving him at such a young age, really warped his view of relationships and I think when he met Sophia he was in love. and I think maybe in some way that scared him. Maybe because he'd never felt that way about another woman in his entire life and he didn't know if those feelings were real so he needed to test them. So maybe that's why he did it and once it was done I think he regretted it.

Do I think he proposed to Sophia out of his guilt? Yes I do.

I think he was so afraid of her finding out what he did and breaking up with him that he proposed when she came to visit him and in the aftermath of their engagement news it was swept under the rug. But I think the guilt ate at him.

I don't think he was "allegedly" bragging about it to his friends when Sophia found out. I think maybe he was looking for advice on what he should do.

In my opinion, and it's just my opinion. I think that Sophia is the only girl that Chad has ever truly been in love with. I think that's why he jumps from girl to girl to girl. He's searching for what he had and what his own selfish behavior caused him to lose.

But I also think that Chad's the only guy that Sophia has ever been completely in love with. And when she says things like "Well, we were two kids who didn't belong married or in a relationship" it's to mask the hurt that she still feels by someone who completely shattered her heart.

And I don't blame her for her decision to divorce him. You can't spend the rest of your life thinking oh "Where is he?' "What's he doing?" "Who's he with?" Sometimes no matter how much your heart wants you to be with someone, your brain has to win out. Sophia made the best decision for her and I think that it was the right one.

It's not just the cheating that turned me against Chad. It's the way he moved on so quick with Kenzie. I just feel like he did it to hurt Sophia because he didn't believe that she'd actually file for divorce.

I think Kenzie took a lot of grief she didn't deserve at 17 years old for something that really wasn't her fault. Any one of you sitting and reading this wouldn't have passed up the chance with Chad during that time. Especially if you were a teenaged girl in the mid 2000's.

But really, Chad and Sophia are such completely different people now that maybe the divorce was inevitable. I think their life paths completely changed from where they were when they were together. And really if you look at the both of them now, do you really think they'd still be married if he hadn't cheated?

I'd like to think they would be and maybe even have a family. But something in me tells me different. I think there would've been too many sacrifices between the two of them after "One Tree Hill" ended and I think it would've been the downfall of their marriage if they were still together.

That's just my opinion though. So please don't get too mad at me...

Last edited by 22StarryNight22; 01-02-2015 at 09:07 PM
Old 01-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you. It was really convenient that they worked together and were always around each other. And their characters were together on the show so they had plenty of moments to be wrapped in each other's arms.

I think they lived in this fantasy world where nothing goes wrong and everything is in roses and smells nice. And with every relationship, you have troubles. Just one of them happened to be cheating.

I don't like to comment on their relationship too much. But this relationship, in the beginning was more public than private. You knew, all the time, what htey were doing, where they were going. THey were everywhere. They were promoting One Tree Hill at the time and everything was public. Every interview they talked about each other and of course the media loved it, so did the fans. So I feel that when they split up and they wanted to be private and the media was prying wanting to get answers, I think they made a smart decision to not say anything. I agree with everyone, they had no business being married to each other. As you see neither of them have gotten married since. Chad has issues with his mom that obviously bothers him more than he'd like to admit. And Sophia was so scorned by how she claims to have been humiliated by the whole thing.

I, think honestly, they ignored the issues for so long until they couldn't be ignored anymore and two people got very hurt.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22StarryNight22 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Not mad at all. Great words.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

22StarryNight22, you make great points.

I had heard that the first time Chad cheated Sophia forgave him. (Which I think was around the time of the proposal) but after the marriage when he started bar hopping, and cheating again, is when she called it quits. Which like you said, she had every right to do.

Honestly, I think to some extent Chad appreciated her filing for a divorce. I mean he had to have known what he had done to her, between the hurt and humiliation of it all I'm sure he fully understands and loves her for that. She did what was right for the both of them. You cannot have a relationship based on lies.

As for what Sophia says about them not having any business being married, I completely agree that she more than likely said that out of hurt and anger. She loved him, you can tell. She's been with other men, but it's never grown into anything serious. When the divorce was first finalized and Sophia had so much maturity and respect for Chad. She could have really slammed him and she didn't. She took the highest road possible, and for that I'm sure Chad loved her for that too.

I would like to think they would still be together today. Sophia has always wanted a relationship like her parents, and I believe if Chad could have been faithful they would have that until they died. You can tell Sophia is one to take her vows serious, which is why she attempted to file for an annulment first. She didn't want the whole "divorce" think under her belt.

Nicole | Icon
Old 01-13-2015, 09:06 AM
New Fan

Oh man, it sucks to know Chad hasn't really changed at all...
I'm a huge Sophia fan and I think the main reason why I loved them so much was because Soph looked so happy when she was with him. She was always smiling or laughing and her whole face just glowed... I miss seeing her so happy..

Last edited by the_best_of_times; 01-14-2015 at 03:45 AM
Old 01-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

I agree. They both looked extremely happy. We can only hope that they will find that kind of love and happiness again.

Nicole | Icon
Old 01-14-2015, 03:45 AM
New Fan

Aw they were soooo cute and pretty!
Oh, yeah they both definitely looked very happy, let's hope they're lucky enough to find it again.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure they will. Sophia maybe quicker than Chad.

Nicole | Icon
Old 01-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Ummm I don't know where else to put this cuz there is no longer a CMM board.

He's MARRIED again.

Some surprising news from WNYers involved in "Agent Carter" - Talkin' TV

Quote:
By the end of the 15-minute conversation with Murray about his evolving career – which will be addressed in a story at another time – the 33-year-old actor dropped in a bit of surprising personal news.

He got married over the summer to actress Sarah Roemer, who he met while making the Crackle series, “Chosen.” Roemer, who sat next to Murray during the interview, also starred as the love interest of Shia LaBeouf’s character in the 2007 film “Disturbia.”

“You’re the first to know,” said Murray, who briefly was married to “One Tree Hill” co-star Sophia Bush.

With that reveal, Murray’s publicist looked concerned standing next to him.

“It is going to get out anyway,” he told her, explaining that he was talking to his hometown Buffalo newspaper.

“Just don’t make a meal out of it,” he told me.

I had to ask what that meant.

“Just don’t make it the title of the article,” he explained.

Why is he concerned about revealing he is married?

“The problem is people in the industry make such a meal out of it, it overshadows the work,” said Murray.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefetiri Sian Nephele (View Post)
Ummm I don't know where else to put this cuz there is no longer a CMM board.

He's MARRIED again.

Some surprising news from WNYers involved in "Agent Carter" - Talkin' TV
Seriously? I'm sorry, but lol! In April, he was saying Nicky whelan was the love of his life. They split, he got with Sarah right after and he's already married? I'm sorry to say this, but he has a huge problem going on. I mean, what's wrong with just dating for a while, no engagement or anything? Or what's wrong with being single for two seconds, never killed anyone. I get that's his choice, but jeez.

Last edited by loveedgemont; 01-18-2015 at 06:11 AM
Old 01-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

I feel like we should all take a lesson from Sophia.

My mom also taught me: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

Sophia is better off, and apparently so is Chad.......

Is it bad that I laughed though?
Old 01-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22StarryNight22 (View Post)
I feel like we should all take a lesson from Sophia.

My mom also taught me: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

Sophia is better off, and apparently so is Chad.......

Is it bad that I laughed though?
Nope, it was my first reaction as well.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread