Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Sophia's Birthday Project (deadlines Fri. June, 24/Mon June 27)

The Project:
Because Sophia is such a dog lover, I was thinking we could donate stuffed dogs to a Children's Hospital. I would be willing to organize everything if this is something we decide to do. I'm thinking we could each buy a stuffed puppy, take a picture of ourself with it, and then everyone could send their picture and their stuffed puppy to me and I would take it to the Children's Hospital. Actually, the pictures could be sent to anyone. Then, we could create a book with a note explaining what we did and why, with pictures of ourselves with our donation and a little note to Sophia if we wanted. There is a Children's Hospital here in Austin and I could take all of the donations there on her birthday or before if we wanted to include pictures of the delivery in the book. I think it's better to make one large donation in her name, rather than just a puppy here and there. It makes more of an impact.

**When you buy your puppy, they usually come with the manufacturer's tag in the ear and that needs to be in place.
**Make sure you send Sandy(starry812@gmail.com) a picture of yourself withyour donation(s) before you ship them out, though. Just PM Lisa for her address.

This project is split in two. What you need to send Lisa, and what you need to send Sandy. They both have different deadlines. Here are Lisa's points:

1. Buy a new stuffed dog/puppy. More than one can be purchased. That's completely up to you.
2. Take a picture of yourself with your donation(s).
3. Write a note, buy a card, etc. to Sophia.
4. Mail or E-Mail the picture and note for Sophia to Sandy so that she can make the book.
5. Mail your donation to me (Lisa). PM me for the address.
6. Looking at the calendar, Monday, June 27, looks like a good cut-off date. This can be changed and obviously if I get something a day or two after, I'm not going to not send it.

After you buy your puppy, take a photo with it and send the puppy to Lisa, you need to email the photo to Sandy along with your letter/note.

Some tips on the letter/note to Sophia:
Do:
;;Type it out and email it to me along with the photo.
;;Try to speak in plain english, proper grammar...etc. Spell check is your friend!
;;Ideas you can include... why you think this stuffed dog idea is great, why you love/appreciate/admire Sophia, birthday wishes, what you see for her in the future, why you admire her work, how you relate to Brooke...etc.
;;Personalize your letter. Make it about your personal relationship with Sophia. Has any specific role or scene touched you? Did you love an outfit? Include things you think she hasn't heard before. Something only you can say.

Don't:
;;Include phrases such as, "OMG! I love Brooke davis! Her and lucas are soooooo cute!", "Sophia you R the best actress ever!!!"...etc.
;;Mention Chad. Please? If Chad, Kenzie, or her relationship with Chad (past/present/future) shows up in your letter I won't include it.
;;Disclose your last name, address, or phone number.
;;Sound generic. Sophia must of read thousands of fanmail in her time. Thinks like, "I love you so much", "You are so beautiful"...etc are probably things she's heard before. Please be unique and creative!

My email is starry812@gmail.com. That's where you can send this to. But since I have to put the book together, I'd say a deadline of about that Friday, June 24 for the letter and photo.

It's probably a good idea to get your letter done as soon as possible, since that's the easy part!

Last edited by shiftmyshape; 06-08-2006 at 11:07 AM
Old 06-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awee, thank you Sandy! This is a great idea and of course we have to get her something special and fun!

Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

I can't believe she's only going to be 24. She's already accomplished so much. I'll see what I can think of.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Addicted Fan

That's a great idea, Sandy, I'll think about it.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Should the deadline be June, instead of May?

The only idea I can think of would take way to long.

Mr. Suit.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Passionate Fan

oh wow um....yeah were coming close, um, I dont really know, all I know is if we do something I want to participate.
you're a warrior."
Old 06-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

I have two ideas. Neither are original. I stole them from other fandoms, but that's not the point.

The first is kind of dorky, so if it's not something we want to do, I understand. Basically it's Sophia Monopoly. They did this for 30 Seconds to Mars and it turned out amazing. For her, each of the characters she's played could be a game piece. We could map out the board to be various places that her character's have been. Create game cards, etc. It's a rather detailed process, but if each person did one part of it, I think it could come together nicely. I was thinking one person could make the game pieces, one the cards, one the gameboard, we could all come up with the information that goes on cards for instructions. Like I said, it's going to be detailed and organize to really work.

The other idea comes from something that was done for Teddy Dunn and I think it would be something Sophia would really appreciate. Because Sophia is such a dog lover, I was thinking we could donate stuffed dogs to a Children's Hospital. I would be willing to organize everything if this is something we decide to do. I'm thinking we could each buy a stuffed puppy, take a picture of ourself with it, and then everyone could send their picture and their stuffed puppy to me and I would take it to the Children's Hospital. Actually, the pictures could be sent to anyone. Then, we could create a book with a note explaining what we did and why, with pictures of ourselves with our donation and a little note to Sophia if we wanted. There is a Children's Hospital here in Austin and I could take all of the donations there on her birthday or before if we wanted to include pictures of the delivery in the book. I think it's better to make one large donation in her name, rather than just a puppy here and there. It makes more of an impact.

Again, these are just ideas that I came up with on the way home. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, those are REALLY good ideas! I especially love the 2nd one and I think it's an amazing idea that would make anyone smile, espcially Sophia! I can do either but I definitely, DEF love the 2nd one!

Old 06-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Banned

Lisa
The second idea is amazing!

Sandy
Another great idea.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, I love the second idea, Lisa!

Mr. Suit.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Sandy and I love the ideas Lisa!
Old 06-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Both ideas are really great!

"I wanted you to fight for me!"
"I wanted pieeeeeeee!"
Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Lisa, honestly those are some great ideas. I'm going to have to chime in with everyone and say that I love the second idea. I hope I got you right, you mean we all donate these stuffed dogs to a children's hospital in Sophia's name on or before her birthday, and seperately we send a book to her with pictures of us with the dog, what we had done/why, how we appreciate her, birthday wishes...etc? That sounds phenomenal! I love that it's so personalized, Sophia will definitely love it.

I don't know of a children's hospital where I'm at, and since she's going to be in Austin, and there is one where you're at, then we could all send the stuffed animals to you, Lisa? And I could maybe handle the book with our pics and letters?

And Lizzie, I mean planning ends this Sunday, but we will have another deadline for the things to be sent in when we have set a definite plan in motion.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sandy, that's exactly what I meant. You've got it all correct.

So, are we planning to do the donation? If so, I'll call the Children's Hospital today and get all the information and such. I know there are certain requirements as to the type of stuffed animal it has to be, etc. I think it still has to come with the tags and/or packaging.

Last edited by xxlisaxx; 06-07-2006 at 08:03 AM
Old 06-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Lisa that's an amazing idea.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread