Thanks!
Old 09-02-2020, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Np

http://www.fanforum.com/f198/godmoth...ther-63243046/

Last edited by stlavin95; 09-02-2020 at 11:28 PM
Old 09-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sam, you are closing way too many threads... come on man.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

I noticed that too.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Sam needs to chill with that.
Just because threads are not active, you don't need to close them. You never know what the future will bring and you have to take into consideration the posters. Today it can be 2 posters, next week it can be 5 posters who want to talk on threads that are closed. lol

Like me. I wanted to do a huge round but saw some threads I wanted to post on closed.

Also, the Cook Kids thread never should've been closed. lol I don't care if it was a decade that someone didn't post in it. lol
Old 09-06-2020, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Personally, I don't see much point in keeping a thread open if it hasn't been posted on a few years or if there isn't going to be enough of a discussion to justify a dedicated thread
Old 09-06-2020, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Personally, I don't see much point in keeping a thread open if it hasn't been posted on a few years or if there isn't going to be enough of a discussion to justify a dedicated thread
It happens on boards though, however eventually discussion will get restarted again.

Example:
Not much discussion on the Brooke/Owen thread, when I get to season 5 rewatch I’ll have a lot to post about.

Same thing with her movie roles...
Sometimes certain people might just come on the board to discuss on that thread and boom it’s closed.
Will we close all her Chicago PD threads because she’s no longer on the show? Why? Again a person who possibly just stated watching/binging Chicago PD can say oh I need to go over to g Sophia board to discuss that character or pairing for Erin and the thread is closed....

Example:
Should I close all the threads with Captain Cold since those threads don’t really get posted on anymore and the character interactions won’t?

I think you should rethink reopening some threads back up.... or take a vote for it? lol
Old 09-06-2020, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

It happens on boards though, however eventually discussion will get restarted again.

Example:
Not much discussion on the Brooke/Owen thread, when I get to season 5 rewatch I’ll have a lot to post about.

Same thing with her movie roles...
Sometimes certain people might just come on the board to discuss on that thread and boom it’s closed.
Will we close all her Chicago PD threads because she’s no longer on the show? Why? Again a person who possibly just stated watching/binging Chicago PD can say oh I need to go over to g Sophia board to discuss that character or pairing for Erin and the thread is closed....

Example:
Should I close all the threads with Captain Cold since those threads don’t really get posted on anymore and the character interactions won’t?

I think you should rethink reopening some threads back up.... or take a vote for it? lol
Not always though, which is the case for a lot of their friendship threads and even the Nip/Tuck role I closed though.

When we get to season 5, I will be absolutely reconsidering opening it again. But considering we are still on season 2 and still are an year plus from actually getting to S5, I don't think I should have just kept that thread open that reason at this time.

Chicago PD is her most important outside of OTH, so it's going to never get closed. Same with any relationships related to the show.

Legends is still airing though, so I don't think that is comparable to her movie roles.

If enough posters show interest in reopening some of the closed threads, I will absolutely reopening them. It's why that posted on those threads when I was closing them up, so it would be easier to find if I ever changed my mind. But you are the only one hasn't agreed with some of the thread closures.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

I can see both of your points.

I can see closing individual friendship threads for real life friendships especially if they don't even see each other anymore. a general friendship thread is good which I think we have.

I think all the OTH threads should stay open, though I think they are.

I think her major movie/tv roles should stay open but guest appearances or side characters could be combined.

I didn't even know there was a cool kids thread but I'd post in it.

the only thread I've closed on one of my boards is a thread where the two people were never even in a scene together and one person was only in one episode.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've closed up Brooke/Owen and Brooke/Bevin threads, but I'm assuming Tia is only really upset about the B/O thread. I did briefly close up the Brooke/Mouth thread but I changed my mind about that.

All of major tv roles have been kept open, the only TV role thread I closed up was the Nip/Tuck. I did close up her movie threads. but most of them hadn't even posted in years and I didn't think that was going to change.

The Cool Kids thread is closed, I closed that for the same threads I did for a few one of the OTH cast friendship threads.

http://www.fanforum.com/f198/hoes-ov...show-63243206/

http://www.fanforum.com/f198/what-yo...22-a-63243207/

http://www.fanforum.com/f198/sophia-...75-a-63243208/

Last edited by stlavin95; 09-07-2020 at 02:39 AM
Old 09-08-2020, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I do appreciate that you will consider bringing these threads back up.
No, I was upset with the Coold Kids Thread closing but didn't say anything. The Hitcher thread for her character and didn't say anything and then I saw the B/O thread closed and that's when I posted here because of the pattern I kept seeing.

I think my point was that I believe if character shared a good amount of scenes, the threads should stay open... same as her movie roles.
All these threads were very active when there were more posters... the main issue is that there are posters from here and there.

As Katie stated, I don't have an issue with combining the James/Sophia with Brathan if we rarely see either. However, I don't see the point of closing character centric appreciation/couples thread because there can always bee room for new fans to watch and join in.

I have been busy so I haven't been able to come here as much but when I do I like to make the huge round and post on threads and even bring some back up...

A lot of boards go through this stage of threads not being posted on in awhile... but that doesn't mean it needs to be closed. lol Especially if these are characters who's shared scenes.
I appreciate you not closing Brooke/Mouth thread because yeah that wouldn't make sense.

See I first voiced my opinions here & here

It can be because of how long I've been on as well... you'd be shocked at how long a thread can go inactive and then get posted on again and then someone joins saying "I didn't know this thread existed here" the activity resumes and here we got again! More threads to post on!
Old 09-09-2020, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

When's the last time we got something with James/Sophia/Joy though? I don't think we have got anything since the show ended. We have got stuff way more recently with Hil/Joy/Sophia and they don't have their own dedicated thread.

Personally depends on the character couple/friendship for me, especially since there is only so much you can talk about with limited. We got more with Brooke/Chase compared to B/O for example, but I don't think they need their own dedicated thread. Same with Brooke/Bevin.

The isn't as popular as used to be though, so I highly doubt we will get new posters wanted to post in her old movie role threads.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I did mention I'll be happy enough to post on these threads when I do my rounds.
I am not defending the Brooke/Bevin thread since I don't see why it was one to begin with. lol

James/Sophia/Joy thread is the Brooke/Nathan/Haley thread. It wasn't for the actors, it was for the trio together.

If all these threads get reopened back, I'll post on most of them...
The only reason I noticed most were closed is because when I tried to bring a lot of them back during posting sessions I couldn't because they were closed.

Also I wouldn't mind having the Brooke/Chase thread reopened as well. lol So I wouldn't mind if that got reopened even if I wasn't the biggest fan. lol I could manage post there...
Old 09-10-2020, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wait, it's a BNH thread? It was in the Real Life Relationships of the Board Guide, so just assumed it wasn't a James/Sophia/Joy thread
Old 09-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Wait, it's a BNH thread? It was in the Real Life Relationships of the Board Guide, so just assumed it wasn't a James/Sophia/Joy thread
^ Haha, it started out as a thread for James/Sophia/Joy but then it turned you a thread for both fictional/real! the real life trio and any scenes of them on the show.
We literally discussed mostly stuff on the show. lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread