Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Rants #1: Because sometimes a little venting will do you good.

Gah, the last thread disappeared along with Fan Forum last time, so I thought I'd start a new one. I'm sure I can find something to put in the opening.

Right now the thing that's pissing me off in the fandom is just such pretentious fans. People that have to ruin it for everyone involved. The whole "[insert favorite actress' name] is better than you!" thing. I hate how these people are measured by each other. Joie isn't by any means better than Sophia, vice versa and Sophia isn't better than Hilarie. I can't stand how the only way people prop their favorites is by bringing down others. In the process.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Banned

All this useless competition between the fans with their favs is pointless. Every actor on the show has great qualities. It is so deeming to play tit for tat games.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Supreme Fan

i've gotta agree that it's silly to rate the actresses. no one knows them personally and i think it's totally ridiculous to actually debate who's the coolest. I love Soph, Hil and Joie equally, although Peyton's my fave character. Doesn't make me a hypocrite..Just means that I'm....uhm....open-minded? People seem to think that the person/couple/etc. you ship on the show bears some sort of meaning to which actors/actresses you like and I completely disagree.
LOSE CONTROL."
COURTNEY
Old 06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Sophia is my favorite actress, but I don't really find they need to shove it in other people's faces because it's pointless and rude. I like Joie and Hilarie too. They are all wonderful and talented actresses. But what gets me really upset is when people bash a certain actress because they don't like the character they play on TV or a show. I mean what's the point of that? It's not like the character being played IS the actress. It's pretend. In my own opinion I think people that bash actors and actresses are childish.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

The thing is, everyone is totally free to like what they like and not like what they don't, that's just fine. It's not a big deal for me to say I like Sophia the most, then Joie and I go back and forth on Hilarie. I think we're all human and that's just normal, inevitable even. I just hate when people say things like "I love that Joie respects herself and isn't really into getting attention or the limelight..." and in a way that's a subtle dig at Sophia. Sophia, Joie and Hilarie are three very different ladies. What works for one, doesn't for another and so forth. This goes with how they act on set, who they befriend, how they conduct themselves away from OTH with movies, going out to events...etc. Even their particular acting styles.

Some may be subtle and lowkey, but for Sophia she has this physicality that she brings to Brooke and that works for her. I just don't like comparing and contrasting whats right and wrong against the three since they're all so unique qand bring something totally different to the table.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Total Fan

OMG Sandy get out of my freaking head! I almost..said something. I don't think people get that each girl is such an indiv. to compare them is so trite and petty. I think every person on the show brings something different to their character. The fact of the matter is like you said each girl has a very different style of acting. Who is to say whose is the best? I have no qualms with people thinking so and so is the best actress. That's fine..but are you really that insecure that you feel the need to put the others down in the process? On a whole nother note when does getting nominated for a TCA equal seeking the spotlight? Ummm..It's the people @ Teen People who first end up nominating indiv.'s based on previous polls..and then the fans that ultimately decide the winner. The fact of the matter is Sophia has a very bubbly personality..she has been around this business since she was a kid..working around her dad. Has anyone ever *gasp* had the thought that she genuinely likes going to certain events. If you look at what she attends 99% of it is fashion related...and we all know how much she likess fashion. No that can't possibly be it..she must be seeking the spotlight.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Wait, people are actually stating that because Sophia was nominated for a TCA, she's seeking the spotlight? I mean as we already know, alot of people know who Sophia is. I'm not sure if that has to do with the fact she attends alot of events or for her great acting ability or because she's been around the business or for her short marriage to you know who. I'm not surprised she was nominated for a TCA, wasn't she last year too? And you are right, she's a bubbly, outgoing person. I could never see her as "seeking the spotlight." People are probably just jealous because their favorite actor or actress wasn't nominated.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Heh, I knew that's why you were saying those things in the Soph thread. I just can't stand how some put these actresses above and beyond all. That their way is the right way, that everything else is rubbish and amateur. I mean, to praise and be a fan of something is alright but when it turns you off to that fanbase and the actress, it's crossing the line just a bit.

The thing is, these people are in the entertainment business. All of them are around because they want to be in the spotlight in one way or another. It's their job to want some kind of attention.

Like you said, Sophia is a bubby, outgoing people person. She loves being the 'belle of the ball' the social butterfly and attending these events. And, so what? She's not the only one. I can see like you said some of it is in fun because she loves fashion, but going out, making contacts and putting yourself out there is vital as well. Something tells me if Joie was doing this there would be no problem with it at all.

Nominated means someone chose her. I highly doubt Sophia has anything to do with it. She is being recognized for her work. I will keep saying the same thing, I think Sophia's got a huge part of the OTH fanbase along with NH. NH may be favorite couple but Sophia's for sure favorite character/actress.

Another thing that boggles my mind is how everyone believes the cast is BFF. And when they're not, it's because they're bad people or something. They just work together, some of their personalities click with one another and others don't. There's nothing wrong with Joie and Sophia not being BFF or Sophia and Hilarie, or Joie and Hilarie. It's life, and it annoys me how people expect that this little OTH bubble is the real world.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmyshape
Nominated means someone chose her. I highly doubt Sophia has anything to do with it. She is being recognized for her work. I will keep saying the same thing, I think Sophia's got a huge part of the OTH fanbase along with NH. NH may be favorite couple but Sophia's for sure favorite character/actress.
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Sophia was nominated. People need to realize she didn't sign herself up on the ballot. She was CHOSEN. And I also think you are right with the fact that Sophia's has a huge part of the OTH fanbase. I've definitely meant more people that love her than don't and people only have kind words to say about her. She is very popular with the fans.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

And, she's just good people. She's so compassionate on so many levels. The love she has for her dogs, family and friends is so admirable. I mean, her best friend is one she's known since High School. She stood by her friend through cancer. She is devoted to her fans, and appreciates all she has, all she is getting.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Good thread idea, i can do with a rant once in awhile.

Something that bugs me is when fans assume they know their favourite actress/actors whatever. I mean i like reading peoples opinions on what they think about a persons talent, acting, singing but when it comes to who they are and their real lives outside the media, i find it hard to appreciate strong opinions on that matter that these actors choose to keep their real life separated from their work. Like the rumours about Soph and what she does outside work or Joy for that matter, its like who are they to judge them? Thats why i think sometimes fans forget that they are human and not "Perfect" as they so badly want to beileve. They share their talent with us and i think thats the only issue we have the right to base our opinons on.
Im friends with some that arent fans of Sophia or hate Brooke, and i respect that their opinons cos its based purely on work.

Last edited by mylittlefaith; 06-29-2006 at 02:55 PM
Old 06-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmyshape
I just hate when people say things like "I love that Joie respects herself and isn't really into getting attention or the limelight..." and in a way that's a subtle dig at Sophia.
I'm not sure if this is about the small conversation that happened in the Joy thread today, but if it is, I don't know if that was everyone's intention. I posted about it, and said something about how she's not in the spotlight, but I wasn't making any reference or even thinking about Sophia when I posted that, and I would imagine that Caroline wasn't either. So, I don't know if it was really a dig at Sophia by those people.

I do know that there are plenty of people that call Sophia an attention whore or whatever, for some unknown reason, and I agree that it's absolutely ridiculous to say something like that. It's not like she's faking a relationship with some big movie star, or doing stupid things to get into tabloids, and it's just .... Grrr. The things people say about that really, really bother me.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait, I'm confused. Did I say something wrong about Sophia?

Old 06-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Gah, I typed up this whole post but lost it. Anyway, Brit. I wasn't talking about one person. Or one group of people. I suppose things like this make me sort of an outcast of sorts in the Joie community, but I don't care because it's how I feel.

Everyone knows the fans of the girls of OTH are very fiesty and defensive. So if people are saying that they love that Joie is doing so and so, and basically claiming it the "right" thing to do, and even though it wasn't mentioned Sophia is doing the oposite of that. So if things are so black and white, right or wrong, and Joie's got the right, that puts Sophia in the wrong category. I don't see how they're measured by each other. Different strokes for different folks. People just make everything that Joie does absolute and perfect, and if people deviate it's such hell. And then if you talk about the TCA's in the same breath, it's pretty much a comparison of sorts between the two.

Quote:
So very true Sandy. Kind of reminds me of that nonsense people spread earlier on about how awful she is to fans...funny every freaking fan encounter we have gotten..has said the complete opposite. One other thing..and then I'm off the rant train. You can't say you enjoy how person X doesn't seek the spotlight or get attention and then bitch about said person not getting attention. Hypocritical much?
LOL! That was so aweosme. How people swore up and down how horrible Sophia was to some "poor extra"? It's so lame the lengths people will go to to make up some false drama for their own needs. Pretty hysterical as well, because I can actually say no thats not true because________. They should take that **** and shove it.

And um, ITA about point two.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Total Fan

I think the rant was in reference to that..not you girls specifically but just in general with the reference about the TCA thing that was definitely a dig at Sophia. Sophia, Joy, and Hilarie are 3 very, very different girls with different beliefs, attitudes, ways about living their lives. The constant comparisions are getting so tiresome.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread