Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2019, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1x10

Nice rewatching this episode and realizing how much I did not ship Brucas. But I didn't ship Leyton as well, so I guess Lucas was my issue. lol I dunno.
I didn't even care for the scene in the beginning with Lucas and Brooke.

Nathan and Haley already looking like an old married couple.... lol take that comment any way you want. lol

I loved when Deb use to be so strong! Sad we know how she'll become but I loved that we saw Dan trying to win Deb back... it was moments like this that you really felt that probably Dan truly did love Deb... especially since this was during season 1, the writers could've really went anyway with it.

Lucas is divided with his feelings, he enjoys the fun that Brooke brings in his life where he feels as if Peyton is too angsty and so wrong for him... or he's telling himself that long enough that he believes it. It's gotta be tough for both Lucas and Haley here... Lucas disapproves of Nathan/Haley but he ain't trying to judge and Haley doesn't care for Lucas/Brooke and she's trying not to judge. So, I liked that balance of them still trying to remain that friendship while their lives are changing so much.

Peyton was going through a tough time since she can't stand seeing Brooke and Lucas together but she knows Lucas makes Brooke happy and probably she wished she had been honest a little bit earlier. But Peyton continues lying to herself throughout this episode... clearly something will happen from this soon...

That scene with Brucas and Deb. lol SO HILARIOUS. However, I was team Brooke here! Since I was thinking the same thing that Brooke said, "Totally Judge Judy" which is completely ridiculous considering who her son is."

Love ya Deb, but probably you should get your home and manwhore son in order.

Jake! I just continue to love him! I actually forgot so many of his season 1 scenes so it's nice just reliving it and realizing how incredible of a person he always was. The scene between Lucas and Jake was especially well done! Lucas telling Jake how sometimes hiding the child from the world isn't the best cast even if you have great intentions.

Whitey and Dan scene... yeah I won't say anything. it always sounds repetitive, so let me not. lol

The Dan and Nathan scenes were so good! You can tell Nathan hates his father for how much pressure he puts on him when it comes to basketball but he still loves his father as well. He has that confliction relationship with him. I've always pretty much enjoyed watching it though even during the mostly bad times. It was great seeing Nathan FINALLY get to tell off Dan and tell him what a terrible father and son that he is, but I felt for a moment that Dan was actually listening, which was so important.

The Peyton and Haley potential continues to work so well! They just worked as friends, it was so nice when Haley asked her to do an art and Peyton just agreed and Haley realized how she totally misjudged her before she truly got to know her.
I really enjoyed that we got to see Peyton be opened with Haley when it comes to her feelings for Lucas and Haley pretty much saying that she owed it to Lucas to give him a chance with Brooke... so it's just seeing what happens even if Brooke/Lucas doesn't have a epic romance blossom, way and see what happens.

I felt sad for Brooke... she knew that Peyton was upset with her but she has falling for Lucas pretty hard as well.. so it's tough.

It was sad seeing Kieth and Lucas be at such odds since Karen has been away however it makes sense because when Karen was at the home, Kieth could just be the cool Uncle Kieth but when you are the guardian, it's a whole different ball game.

My Jake/Peyton heart. Always love seeing them interact in this episode! Already feeling! I guess they would be my first ship of the series. lol Well B/N was but they didn't happen so... Jake/Peyton it is. I loved seeing Jake show another one of his talents, singing. Peyton already was liking that Jake was a good single father who can sing, and he had some good looks as well which helped!

I always enjoyed those moments when we see Dan alone because you sort of get a sense he's more than just a heartless human being.

I LOVED SEEING Gavin DeGraw. Always one of my favorite moments of the series! is appearance here, when he was singing with Jamie and in the series finale! Gotta love the person who sings one of the greatest tv show theme songs!

Aww for Gavin wanting to be so low key!
Jake and Gavin performing! such a huge moment... it felt like this was the episode that truly show how great this series would ultimately become when it comes to music!
That scene in the Rivercourt I always re-watched... I probably really re-watched it over 30x. Like I just love it, especially the moment with Jake and Peyton and Peyton and Brooke taking a photo together with baby Jenny!

Kieth and Whitey watching over them was great! Even though Practice was closed, it was great seeing everyone play at Rivercout for the love of the game! And Nathan there as well!

I liked Deb demands! You go ahead Deb!
Deb was such a great strong character, urg why did it have to change.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Will reply to that later
Old 12-17-2019, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Sure.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1x10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Nice rewatching this episode and realizing how much I did not ship Brucas. But I didn't ship Leyton as well, so I guess Lucas was my issue. lol I dunno.
I didn't even care for the scene in the beginning with Lucas and Brooke.
I do like hearing you don't ship Brucas

Quote:
Nathan and Haley already looking like an old married couple.... lol take that comment any way you want. lol
Not going to take it in a positive way, lol

Quote:
I loved when Deb use to be so strong! Sad we know how she'll become but I loved that we saw Dan trying to win Deb back... it was moments like this that you really felt that probably Dan truly did love Deb... especially since this was during season 1, the writers could've really went anyway with it.
Strong Deb is easily my favourite version of her

Quote:
Lucas is divided with his feelings, he enjoys the fun that Brooke brings in his life where he feels as if Peyton is too angsty and so wrong for him... or he's telling himself that long enough that he believes it. It's gotta be tough for both Lucas and Haley here... Lucas disapproves of Nathan/Haley but he ain't trying to judge and Haley doesn't care for Lucas/Brooke and she's trying not to judge. So, I liked that balance of them still trying to remain that friendship while their lives are changing so much.
I think he was trying to convince himself more than anything. Feel more for Lucas than Haley in that regard, lol

Quote:
Peyton was going through a tough time since she can't stand seeing Brooke and Lucas together but she knows Lucas makes Brooke happy and probably she wished she had been honest a little bit earlier. But Peyton continues lying to herself throughout this episode... clearly something will happen from this soon...
It certainly did, but I do kinda feel that Brooke was trying to guilt her a bit though.

Quote:
That scene with Brucas and Deb. lol SO HILARIOUS. However, I was team Brooke here! Since I was thinking the same thing that Brooke said, "Totally Judge Judy" which is completely ridiculous considering who her son is."
It was priceless

Quote:
Love ya Deb, but probably you should get your home and manwhore son in order.
Exactly

Quote:
Jake! I just continue to love him! I actually forgot so many of his season 1 scenes so it's nice just reliving it and realizing how incredible of a person he always was. The scene between Lucas and Jake was especially well done! Lucas telling Jake how sometimes hiding the child from the world isn't the best cast even if you have great intentions.
It really was, probably the only scene I liked Lucas in this episode lol

Quote:
Whitey and Dan scene... yeah I won't say anything. it always sounds repetitive, so let me not. lol
Okay

Quote:
The Dan and Nathan scenes were so good! You can tell Nathan hates his father for how much pressure he puts on him when it comes to basketball but he still loves his father as well. He has that confliction relationship with him. I've always pretty much enjoyed watching it though even during the mostly bad times. It was great seeing Nathan FINALLY get to tell off Dan and tell him what a terrible father and son that he is, but I felt for a moment that Dan was actually listening, which was so important.
Yeah, it was definitely different to Dan and Lucas' relationship.

Quote:
The Peyton and Haley potential continues to work so well! They just worked as friends, it was so nice when Haley asked her to do an art and Peyton just agreed and Haley realized how she totally misjudged her before she truly got to know her.
I really enjoyed that we got to see Peyton be opened with Haley when it comes to her feelings for Lucas and Haley pretty much saying that she owed it to Lucas to give him a chance with Brooke... so it's just seeing what happens even if Brooke/Lucas doesn't have a epic romance blossom, way and see what happens.
Yeah, rewatching all of their scenes is making me bitter about how the writers handled them after S2 especially.

Quote:
I felt sad for Brooke... she knew that Peyton was upset with her but she has falling for Lucas pretty hard as well.. so it's tough.
Not sure Brooke falling for Lucas was happening at this point tbh

Quote:
It was sad seeing Keith and Lucas be at such odds since Karen has been away however it makes sense because when Karen was at the home, Keith could just be the cool Uncle Keith but when you are the guardian, it's a whole different ball game.
Hated watching that so much

Quote:
My Jake/Peyton heart. Always love seeing them interact in this episode! Already feeling! I guess they would be my first ship of the series. lol Well B/N was but they didn't happen so... Jake/Peyton it is. I loved seeing Jake show another one of his talents, singing. Peyton already was liking that Jake was a good single father who can sing, and he had some good looks as well which helped!
Figured you loved those moments haha

Quote:
I always enjoyed those moments when we see Dan alone because you sort of get a sense he's more than just a heartless human being.
Same here

Quote:
I LOVED SEEING Gavin DeGraw. Always one of my favorite moments of the series! is appearance here, when he was singing with Jamie and in the series finale! Gotta love the person who sings one of the greatest tv show theme songs!
Loved it so much

Quote:
Aww for Gavin wanting to be so low key!
Jake and Gavin performing! such a huge moment... it felt like this was the episode that truly show how great this series would ultimately become when it comes to music!
That scene in the Rivercourt I always re-watched... I probably really re-watched it over 30x. Like I just love it, especially the moment with Jake and Peyton and Peyton and Brooke taking a photo together with baby Jenny!
That scene at the Rivercourt was pretty amazing

Quote:
Keith and Whitey watching over them was great! Even though Practice was closed, it was great seeing everyone play at Rivercourt for the love of the game! And Nathan there as well!
It really was

Quote:
I liked Deb demands! You go ahead Deb!
Deb was such a great strong character, urg why did it have to change.
No idea
Old 12-21-2019, 12:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

forgot to come here after I watch 1x10

I loved the scene where Lucas and Brooke run in to Deb

it was great to see Gavin DeGraw. in the episode

and the scene with everyone at the rivercourt
Old 12-22-2019, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That was priceless

Loved seeing Gavin in this episode
Old 01-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1x11
I loved the therapy session with the Scott family. Just as you would assume it would go.
The therapist could be Deb's long lost cousin.

I was agreeing with Dan during most of the session although the main thing I agreed with Deb was that even though she didn't do great parenting in the past, at least she's trying to change whereas Dan is set in his ways and doesn't see himself as an issue.

Of course you know I am a person who blames but Dan and Deb for their terrible parenting.

Brooke and Lucas relationship starting get steamy in this episode and their chemistry is just so amazing! That was what I always enjoyed about them, the incredible chemistry that they had.

Deb ain't playing with trying to stop Dan from seeing Nathan and destroying his life even more.
I liked that Kieth wanted to talk with Nathan since they are Uncle and Nephew but don't see each other anymore!

Introduction of Peyton's dad. I was so happy with it and wish we saw a lot more of Peyton's father since I really was a fan of him.

This episode shows how alike Peyton and Lucas are and how completely oppiste that Brooke and Lucas are... and it's pretty sad because Brooke is trying to have something in common with him which is why she asked Peyton of all people to help her.
And of course Brooke definitely screwed it up by not knowing anything about the music she was asking Lucas to listen to. lol
I liked that Lucas instantly knew that Peyton had something to do with it.

For me I prefer (here) Lucas and Peyton as great confidant friends since I felt Peyton played too many mind games (which I understood why) during the first half of this season so I would've been okay with more development which is what we are getting here. Clearly they both have strong feelings for each other but not acting on it.

The Nathan and Haley scenes were nice in this episode.
I liked seeing Nathan being divided on whether he really wants to play basketball or not, I can see the confusion since he was sort of forced into basketball however I believed it's a thing he did ended up loving even if he was forced into it.
It was perfect to talk to Kieth about it since he was the Scott who didn't let baseketball control him.

Of course Dan was upset with Kieth advice....

My Jake and Peyton. Always love their season 1 scenes since I forgot so much of it since I really don't re-watch season 1 much at all.
It's nice to slowly uncover more and more about Jake backstory as the series moves along.

I loved Nathan telling Lucas that he didn't need to be nice to him because he was dating Haley... yeah, I didn't need it. lol
This was probably my favorite Nathan/Haley episode from the first season... first time I really started to enjoy it. Being with Nathan making Haley do out of character stuff but it was so hilarious to watch. And when Haley threw up on Dan. This was some absolute great stuff. Naley were so fun here.

Peyton sadness over her father choosing his job all the time was heartbreaking. She feels so alone and episodes like this is when you can clearly see why. I loved that Lucas had to tell Larry the truth about Peyton's feelings because she really need people in her life like her dad. I enjoyed the Larry and Lucas scenes throughout this whole episode.

I love you Brooke, but you did know there were some unresolved feelings that Lucas and Peyton had for each other right? So you really can't be so sad that they blend in with each other and get each other since you even asked Peyton to help you with Lucas since you knew how much Peyton understood Lucas.

This was an amazing episode growth for Nathan!
Him realizing he fell for the smart woman who wasn't wild and being with him was changing her for the worst. Haley getting an F for missing a test is very unusual for her so thank you Nathan for caring that much about Haley to stop doing only what you love to do. He loves Haley for the person she is and that she sees something special in him that no one else saw.

I loved Dan and Deb at therapy without Nathan!
It was a session they needed for a long time and I agreed with Deb there about Dan wanting to relive his days but the therapist asked the right questions... what makes Deb and Dan work without Nathan? Without Nathan it's clear a divorce would've happened so long ago.

Brooke was 100% correct when she said that Lucas uses Peyton as his emotional intellectual support and with Brooke he just uses her.... Brooke should've stuck with those instincts and dumped him.

"I do what I do and I like what I like and that's just who I am."

However, I could understand why Brooke stayed with Lucas here because Lucas gives out so many mixed signals... most teenage girls would believe the words he says when he said he loves her for her and love them because they are opposites. I feel when you start throwing the "love" word around you have to be very careful if you don't meant it.

That Nathan and Dan scene at the end of the episode was amazing. Dan telling Nathan he loves him! and as evil as he's been you could tell he meant those words. That's one thing I've always been sure of, his love for Nathan even if he has a terrible way of showing it.

Nathan gave up basketball and told Lucas it was his!Now that was unexpected. We know it won't last but nice for him to try to find himself away from basketball for now.

Aww Jake struggling with baby Jenny! That's so true to life so it was great to see.
Peyton so happy her dad is still around.

Whitey and Nathan also had a great scene in this episode but you could tell it was painful for him to see Nathan quit basketball.

Old 01-13-2020, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Will reply to that, it's too late for me
Old 01-13-2020, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Will reply to that, it's too late for me

Understandable. I knew I wouldn't be able to discuss it during a weekday so I had to post it during one day on the weekend.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1x11
Quote:
I loved the therapy session with the Scott family. Just as you would assume it would go.
The therapist could be Deb's long lost cousin.
Definitely, wish we got more scenes like that
Agreed, lol

Quote:
I was agreeing with Dan during most of the session although the main thing I agreed with Deb was that even though she didn't do great parenting in the past, at least she's trying to change whereas Dan is set in his ways and doesn't see himself as an issue.
Dan never really saw himself as the issue, lol

Quote:
Of course you know I am a person who blames but Dan and Deb for their terrible parenting.
Assuming you mean both of them, they definitely aren't great parents.

Quote:
Brooke and Lucas relationship starting get steamy in this episode and their chemistry is just so amazing! That was what I always enjoyed about them, the incredible chemistry that they had.
They did, too bad the relationship didn't have a lot more going for them

Quote:
Deb ain't playing with trying to stop Dan from seeing Nathan and destroying his life even more.
I liked that Keith wanted to talk with Nathan since they are Uncle and Nephew but don't see each other anymore!
Not at all, I love this Deb lol
Same here, it was a nice scene

Quote:
Introduction of Peyton's dad. I was so happy with it and wish we saw a lot more of Peyton's father since I really was a fan of him.
Disappointed with how they used him after S1
What Larry did you prefer?

Quote:
This episode shows how alike Peyton and Lucas are and how completely opposite that Brooke and Lucas are... and it's pretty sad because Brooke is trying to have something in common with him which is why she asked Peyton of all people to help her.
And of course Brooke definitely screwed it up by not knowing anything about the music she was asking Lucas to listen to. lol
It kinda is
You would think Brooke would have at least looked that up.

Quote:
I liked that Lucas instantly knew that Peyton had something to do with it.
You know how much I loved that

Quote:
For me I prefer (here) Lucas and Peyton as great confidant friends since I felt Peyton played too many mind games (which I understood why) during the first half of this season so I would've been okay with more development which is what we are getting here. Clearly they both have strong feelings for each other but not acting on it.
I certainly wouldn't have said no to more development, that's for sure.

Quote:
The Nathan and Haley scenes were nice in this episode.
I liked seeing Nathan being divided on whether he really wants to play basketball or not, I can see the confusion since he was sort of forced into basketball however I believed it's a thing he did ended up loving even if he was forced into it.
It was perfect to talk to Keith about it since he was the Scott who didn't let baseketball control him.
They were, but those scenes would have worked better later in the season imo.
Same here, he definitely loved the sport regardless of being forced too
It was

Quote:
Of course Dan was upset with Keith advice....
Would be shocked if he didn't

Quote:
My Jake and Peyton. Always love their season 1 scenes since I forgot so much of it since I really don't re-watch season 1 much at all.
It's nice to slowly uncover more and more about Jake backstory as the series moves along.
Rewatching their scenes makes me wish they only kept them as friends, since I don't think they worked romantically at all.

Quote:
I loved Nathan telling Lucas that he didn't need to be nice to him because he was dating Haley... yeah, I didn't need it. lol
This was probably my favorite Nathan/Haley episode from the first season... first time I really started to enjoy it. Being with Nathan making Haley do out of character stuff but it was so hilarious to watch. And when Haley threw up on Dan. This was some absolute great stuff. Naley were so fun here.
Me neither, lol
It was a pretty great episode for them.

Quote:
Peyton sadness over her father choosing his job all the time was heartbreaking. She feels so alone and episodes like this is when you can clearly see why. I loved that Lucas had to tell Larry the truth about Peyton's feelings because she really need people in her life like her dad. I enjoyed the Larry and Lucas scenes throughout this whole episode.
It really was Loved that Lucas did that for her and him doing that clearly meant a lot to her as well.

Quote:
I love you Brooke, but you did know there were some unresolved feelings that Lucas and Peyton had for each other right? So you really can't be so sad that they blend in with each other and get each other since you even asked Peyton to help you with Lucas since you knew how much Peyton understood Lucas.
No you can't, lol

Quote:
This was an amazing episode growth for Nathan!
Him realizing he fell for the smart woman who wasn't wild and being with him was changing her for the worst. Haley getting an F for missing a test is very unusual for her so thank you Nathan for caring that much about Haley to stop doing only what you love to do. He loves Haley for the person she is and that she sees something special in him that no one else saw.
It really was Really loved all of his scenes in this episode.

Quote:
I loved Dan and Deb at therapy without Nathan!
It was a session they needed for a long time and I agreed with Deb there about Dan wanting to relive his days but the therapist asked the right questions... what makes Deb and Dan work without Nathan? Without Nathan it's clear a divorce would've happened so long ago
Same here, they really needed. I honestly don't think they would have even got married if it wasn't for Nathan tbh

Quote:
Brooke was 100% correct when she said that Lucas uses Peyton as his emotional intellectual support and with Brooke he just uses her.... Brooke should've stuck with those instincts and dumped him.

"I do what I do and I like what I like and that's just who I am."

However, I could understand why Brooke stayed with Lucas here because Lucas gives out so many mixed signals... most teenage girls would believe the words he says when he said he loves her for her and love them because they are opposites. I feel when you start throwing the "love" word around you have to be very careful if you don't meant it.
She really should have

Same here, Lucas shouldn't have been giving her those mixed signals.

Quote:
That Nathan and Dan scene at the end of the episode was amazing. Dan telling Nathan he loves him! and as evil as he's been you could tell he meant those words. That's one thing I've always been sure of, his love for Nathan even if he has a terrible way of showing it.
Such a great scene and yeah, he definitely loved Nathan regardless of how poorly he showed him.

Quote:
Nathan gave up basketball and told Lucas it was his!Now that was unexpected. We know it won't last but nice for him to try to find himself away from basketball for now.
I kinda wish Nathan giving up basketball lasted more than a episode tbh.

Quote:
Aww Jake struggling with baby Jenny! That's so true to life so it was great to see.
Peyton so happy her dad is still around.
It was

She really was, which is great

Quote:
Whitey and Nathan also had a great scene in this episode but you could tell it was painful for him to see Nathan quit basketball.
You can tell Whitey didn't want to see Nathan quit the team.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

1x11

It was def my fav episode only cause with all the Brooke/Lucas we got

I really liked Lucas/Peyton friendship, I really think they work better as friends

Nathan/Haley had so cute scenes
Old 01-15-2020, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Figured

Definitely don't agree with that, lol

They sure did
Old 01-19-2020, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

http://www.fanforum.com/f198/one-tre.../#post99693288
Closed Thread   Post New Thread