Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maroon 5 Tour Diary/SIN Blog/Tweets #2 (Updated - James & Adam - August 3rd)

New thread for tour diaries!

Last edited by decem; 11-24-2007 at 12:55 PM
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Ash
Old 09-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New TD!

Quote:
what does Deep Ecology even mean?
Posted on 9/10/2007 by Maroon5

happy sunday... once again... time is so weird... here these two posts are back to back but separated by a week... an objective number of seconds... (604,800) but sometimes it can feel like a month... and sometimes it can feel like a day...

this is what i wanted to write today... an question from the Norwegian philosopher Arne Naess...

"The essence of deep ecology is to keep asking more searching questions about human life, society, and Nature as in the Western philosphical tradition of Socrates.... For example, we need to ask questions like, Why do we think that economic growth and high levels of consumption are so important? The conventional answer would be to point to the economic consequences of not having economic growth. But in deep ecology, we ask whether the present society fulfills basic human needs like love and security and access to nature and, in so doing, we question our society's underlying assumptions. We ask which society, which education, which form of religion, is beneficial for all life on the planet as a whole, and then we ask further what we need to do in order to make the necessary changes." (from Deep Ecology: living as if Nature Mattered, by Bill Devall and George Sessions)

love,
jrc.
Oh Jesse!
Old 09-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that Gay. Jesse's such a deep thinker.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Extreme Fan

i love that guy
Old 09-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, we can never dig too much of what's going on in his brain. His TDs are pure inspirational.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Extreme Fan

and sometimes pure
Old 09-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ So true!

Again, that just shows how funny and crazy the guys can be but still be so smart.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yep. gotta love him for that!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

Awwwwww love him!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"The essence of deep ecology is to keep asking more searching questions about human life, society, and Nature as in the Western philosphical tradition of Socrates.... For example, we need to ask questions like, Why do we think that economic growth and high levels of consumption are so important? The conventional answer would be to point to the economic consequences of not having economic growth. But in deep ecology, we ask whether the present society fulfills basic human needs like love and security and access to nature and, in so doing, we question our society's underlying assumptions. We ask which society, which education, which form of religion, is beneficial for all life on the planet as a whole, and then we ask further what we need to do in order to make the necessary changes."
Know what this reminds me that man is an insatiable being. Man keeps asking for more, keeps looking for more questions... They said man reached the moon, but then we want to reach Pluto the next time. A person may want to have more money, when he got it, he wants fame, and so on... We wanna ask for more in order to make the necessary change in our lives.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's another new Tour Diary from Jesse!

October 12, 2007
Quote:
New things are exciting.

Downloading Radiohead’s album today was exciting.

Seeing a new way for a band to distribute an album is exciting.

Check it out… pay whatever you feel like paying for this album…RADIOHEAD: 'EXPERTS' IN THE FIELD OF HYPERTEXT

Hearing about a federal court in minnesota ruling that a mother has to pay around 9,000 dollars for each of the 24 songs she was found guilty of illegally downloading is not exciting… it’s depressing…

Our show last night at Madison Square Garden here in New York was exciting.
rain falling is exciting.

The Road, the book by Cormac McCarthy is more than exciting… it’s an entire world in a book… like no other book… and it’s disturbing and inspiring… and it is stressful, but it’s very believable… and even with all the terribleness, in the end it’s very beautiful. A great metaphor for all of our lives… trying to find the good within and without.

And Sara Bareilles’ song Many the Miles is exciting.

And friends and family and strangers and coincidences and communication and regret and violence and mistakes and learning and overexerting and relaxing and eating and sleeping and loving and the push and the pull and acceptance and protest and losing and finding and not minding and caring and sharing and repairing and staring and looking the other way and looking up and out and in and stretching and waiting and taking and giving and making and faking and rhyming and shouting and crying and kicking and screaming and accidentaly not meaning and taking it back and repeating and reading and seeking and breathing are all very exciting.

good night…
jrc
What a cool guy he is.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:57 AM
Extreme Fan

i love that guy!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hearing about a federal court in minnesota ruling that a mother has to pay around 9,000 dollars for each of the 24 songs she was found guilty of illegally downloading is not exciting… it’s depressing…
OMG! I didn't hear about this. That is indeed depressing. Why should she be liable to it? Why can't they sue the company that has the songs available online. Anyone will be tempted to download anything that interests them if it's being available for them. So why punish the taker?

It's good to know also that Jesse's compassion to people triumphs over the knowledge that they can also lose sales if their songs were downloaded off of the net. Yes, it can affect their own record sales if their album is available illegally online, but then it's irrational to make a mother pay freaking 9,000 each for 24 songs?!

Quote:
The Road, the book by Cormac McCarthy is more than exciting… it’s an entire world in a book… like no other book… and it’s disturbing and inspiring… and it is stressful, but it’s very believable… and even with all the terribleness, in the end it’s very beautiful. A great metaphor for all of our lives… trying to find the good within and without.
Hmm... Now, I wonder if it's available here in Manila.

Thanks so much Ash for posting this. I haven't visited their official site for quite some time now.

Since we're on the subject of blogs and TDs. I'm sorry, I missed one again at the SIN blog.

Quote:
Happy Friday
Jesse Carmichael

Hi everyone... Namaste... good morning... good afternoon really... it's friday october 5th... a special day for so many reasons... Right now mickey and i are backstage after our "breakfast" and it's 4:14pm... almost time for soundcheck... i can hear Teal on stage somewhere far away playing through Adam's guitar rig... Today, as you may know, is James birthday. Hoo-rah!!!... Talk about strange ripples. "Hoo-rah" is what we say in a huddle before every show... and we started saying it after Matt and i watched the Kevin Costner movie THE GAURDIAN on some flight somewhere... the cadets at the coast gaurd school say it during training... and we sort of liked this movie... sort of laughed at it... (i actually sort of loved it because i happen to love pretty much any movie i see on an airplane... something about the altitude, i don't know... it's always very emotional up there) And now that word, which sort of started as a joke, is our for real huddle pre show ritual... It hit me when i wrote it in this blog that it had taken on its own meaning for us so much that i had to take a second to remember where it even came from. So... The tour so far is our best one ever... so fun. And everyone seems to be having a great time in the audiences... hopefully we'll see you soon if we haven't seen you already. i love you all. hope everything is going well for everyone. they tell me the sun is shining outside... i wonder if I'll see it today... i haven't been outside in a few days. strange... very strange.
peace...
jrc

Posted: October 5.2007

Last edited by HappySquared; 10-17-2007 at 01:59 AM
Old 10-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Extreme Fan

thx for posting that Gay
Jesse is such an amazing guy!!
and too