Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2007, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

M5 Tour Dates Thread #2: You came, you saw and you have to tell us all!

Maroon 5 Tour Dates 2007

Sep 29 Detroit MI Palace of Auburn Hills 8:00PM
Oct 1 St Paul MN Xcel Energy Center 7:30PM
Oct 2 Rosemont IL Allstate Arena 7:30PM
Oct 4 Toronto ONT Air Canada Center 7:30PM
Oct 5 Cleveland OH Quicken Loans Arena 8:00PM
Oct 7 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena 7:30PM
Oct 8 Charlottesville VA John Paul Jones Arena 7:30PM
Oct 10 New York NY Madison Square Garden 7:30PM
Oct 12 Uncasville CT Mohegan Sun Arena 8:00PM
Oct 13 Philadelphia PA Wachovia Spectrum (old) 8:00PM

Oct 15 Boston MA TD Bank North Garden 7:30PM
Oct 16 Washington DC Verizon Center 7:30PM
Oct 18 Columbia SC Colonial Center 7:30PM
Oct 19 Nassau Bahamas Atlantis Resort 10:00PM
Oct 21 St Petersburg FL St. Pete Times Forum 7:30PM
Oct 23 Orlando FL Amway Arena 8:00PM
Oct 24 Duluth GA Gwinett Civic Center 7:30PM
Oct 26 Houston TX Toyota Center 8:00PM
Oct 27 Ft Worth TX Ft. Worth Con Ctr Arena 8:00PM
Oct 29 Denver CO Fillmore Auditorium* 7:30PM
This show is General Admission Standing with Early Entry.

*Please note venue change.
Oct 30 Denver CO Fillmore Auditorium* 7:30PM Sept 29
@ 10 AM PDT Sold Out Soundcheck

Oct 30 Salt Lake City UT EnergySolutions Arena 7:30PM CANCELLED CANCELLED Soundcheck
CANCELLED
The October 30th show at Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City is cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.

Nov 2 Portland OR Memorial Col @ Rose Qtr 8:00PM CANCELLED CANCELLED Soundcheck
CANCELLED
The November 2nd show in Portland OR at Portland Memorial Coliseum is cancelled due to scheduling conflicts. Refunds are available at point of purchase.

Nov 3 Vancouver BC Pacific Coliseum 8:00PM
Nov 5 Sacramento CA ARCO Arena 7:30PM
Nov 6 San Jose CA HP Pavilion 7:30PM
Nov 8 Los Angeles CA Staples Center 7:30PM
Nov 9 San Diego CA Cox Arena 8:00PM
Nov 10 Las Vegas NV The Pearl @ The Palms 8:00PM

Nov 25 Nottingham England Arena 2100
Nov 27 Glasgow Scotland SECC 2100
Nov 28 Manchester England Arena 2100
Nov 29 Newcastle England Arena 2100
Dec 1 Birmingham England NEC 2100
Dec 2 London England Wembley Arena 2100
Dec 3 Cardiff Wales Cardiff Arena
Dec 5 Brighton England Centre 2100
Dec 7 Luxembourg Rockhal 2045 Aug 3
Dec 8 Den Bosch NL Brabanthallen 2000
Dec 9 Antwerp Belgium Lotto Arena 2000
Dec 11 Copenhagen Denmark Forum (Live Nation) 2000

Dec 13 Dusseldorf Germany Philipshalle 2000
Dec 15 Munich Germany Zenith 2000
Dec 16 Milan Italy Palasharp 2100
Dec 17 Zurich Switzerland Hallenstadion 2000
Old 10-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey girls! I just got a chance to come by here since the concert! It was absolutely amazing!!! I will come back later with a detailed review hopefully! I'm going to write it up soon.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ash I CANNOT wait to read your account.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Extreme Fan

that's great Ash!! we need a review!! tell us everything in detail
Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so I've got the review written. It's just very, very long. I'm going to go through it and cut it down some. I think I went into a little too much detail.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, we love long reviews. Don't worry about it.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay girls, here we go...

Here’s the full review of the show!

My friend and I got to the venue early to pick up our SIN tickets. I love SIN so much. Because of them we got 6th row center!! It was perfect because the people in about the first two rows kind of had to tilt their heads back to see. 6th row was a great view. Anyway, after we got our tickets we walked around and picked up some merchandise before the show started.
After doing that it was about 45 minutes until time for the show. We went in and found our seats. I still cannot get over how close to the stage we were. I was so happy.

One of the opening act was The Hives. Let me tell you right now, if you haven’t heard this band check them out. They were great. They all had on matching suits with white shoes and striped black and white ties. They’re from Sweden which I found was awesome. The lead singer was hilarious. After their first song he said, “The Hives have 25 minutes left of their set and you will fall in love with us by the end.” Or something like that. It was so funny. Their music is kind of a garage rock. Very cool. And the lead singer worked the stage. At one point he actually took his microphone with incredibly long cord, and walked out into the crowd. They were a great opening act.

Now, onto the main event! This was my first Maroon 5 show and I was so excited I couldn’t stand it. Before I go into details about the band though I want to describe the stage. There was the main stage and two legs coming out from the left and right side of it. If you looked at it from above you could see that it formed the “M” of Maroon 5. It was very, very cool. Also the background was a lighted backdrop with the M5 logo on in the middle. Throughout the show the backdrop would light up in these spectacular different colors. Matt was on a pedestal to the left and Jesse was on a pedestal to the right. I know it’s kind of hard for me to explain. Hopefully I’ll have some pictures up of it soon!

Okay, so the lights went down and the curtain raised up and everyone went crazy. The guys walked out while it was dark. It looked so neat because the guys all took their places and it was like the outlines of them standing there waiting to start the first song. Adam came out and stood in the center with his guitar and the lights came on and everything was totally lit up by the backdrop. The first song they played was “If I Never See Your Face Again.” The main thing I remember about this song is just how totally in excited I was. From the start of the show Adam was engaging the show. He played his guitar in this song too.

On a sidenote that’s one thing that really bothers me. Concerts are one of the most amazing experiences ever and the thing is it’s so hard to remember everything when the night’s over. I want to remember every little detail but I know I can’t.

A second sidenote that’s on the total fangirl side of me—seriously, Adam is even more handsome in person. Yes, handsome. He carries himself so well and he just looks amazing. He wore a jacket and a t-shirt with a vest with tux pants. The jacket didn’t last long. I knew it would be way too hot for him to wear it the whole show. And he smiled so much. I think he has one of the most beautiful smiles I’ve ever seen. It’s just so cute!

The whole night the guys went straight from song to song except for a few times when Adam stopped to talk to the audience. Next they went into “Makes Me Wonder.” I love that song so much. It’s become kind of an anthem for me. I don’t see the song applying exclusively to relationships, though that seems to be the main thing that Adam talks about but the chorus:
“I still don’t have a reason,
and you don’t have the time
and it really makes me wonder if I
ever gave a f--- about you.
Give me something to believe in,
Cause I don’t believe in you anymore, anymore
I wonder if it even makes a difference to try
So this is goodbye.”

It just hits so hard sometimes. I know we’ve all been there when we wonder why we even put the effort into something that ends up becoming so inconsequential to us. We all have those times when we put stock in something or someone here on earth and it just falls through and you wonder if you ever cared about it in the first place anyway. That’s what the chorus reminds me of. This was such an upbeat, dance tune and Adam took full advantage of the two legs coming out from the mainstage. He ran back and forth on both of them the whole concert including this song. The poor guy had to be worn out by the end of the show. Talk about stage presence. Adam has it.

Next the guys went straight into “Harder to Breathe.” Again, Adam ran all over the mainstage and the two legs of the stage coming out into the middle of the floor. Sometimes he would take his guitar with him, other times it was just him and his mic. He consistently just worked the crowd though.

Adam talked to the crowd for a little bit before “The Sun.” He said that it was their first time playing the venue and that they would be coming back because to put it in his words, “You all are sex-eh.” After that he introduced the song and they started to play. In between the chorus and the bridge he started getting the audience to try and sing the same ad-libs that he would sing. He kept singing them and as he did he would get higher and higher. It was so great to watch him laugh as the whole crowd tried to sing as high as he did. He would just smile from ear-to-ear. He went back to the mainstage and sang the bridge…
”The rhythm of her converstation, etc.”

I also have to say, Adam knows his strengths. He has got some sensual moves. Every song he would move and dance like crazy. Plus, he commits to what he’s singing and really engages the audience. He went along with the lyrics to the song and committed 100%. It’s also so fun to watch his dance moves. Yep, we’ve all seen them where he just grooves with the song. Gotta love it.

“Can’t Stop” came next which was just a lot of high energy. It was a fun song that the whole audience got really into.

“Secret” was the next song they played. I love this song so, so much. I was so glad they played this one! You know I was talking about how Adam commits to the lyrics in a song? A perfect example was this song. James started with that little guitar solo at the beginning then Matt entered with that awesome drum beat, and when Adam started to sing it was just magic. The words to this song are really sensual and Adam sang it just like that. Think the version on the cd x1000. It was awesome. When Adam sang “I know I don’t know you, but I want you so bad”... I don’t know how to describe it but the whole song was just perfect. The lyrics where he sings:
“Cool these engines, calm these jets
I ask you how hot can it get
And as you wipe off beads of sweat…”

Adam litterally wiped his brow. Oh my… Again, that’s just a testament of how well he can work the song and the crowd. He got so into the song. Then when he went into that little part before the final chorus when he ad-libs with the “ohs” it was gorgeous. So gorgeous. His vocals in this song are killer. And as if it couldn’t get any better at the end of “Secret” they segwayed straight into “In the Air Tonight” by Phil Collins. It fit PERFECT at the end of “Secret.” And Adam sang it with such conviction. It just makes my heart melt to think about it. It was beautiful.

Next was “Shiver.” Again, another great song to dance to. I just love that opening guitar lick from James. I have to say right now that Adam and James are AMAZING guitarists. They floor me with their talent. A lot of times they would both come stand together and play, or James would walk out onto the legs of the stage and play a lot. Their fingers would just fly through different chords. Awesome. Just completely awesome.

The crowd went crazy for “Wake Up Call.” I love, love, love Jesse’s piano part in this, and Matt’s part in the drums right before the chorus that he makes sound like a gunshot. It’s just so cool. I haven’t talked about Jesse a lot yet, I don’t know why because he was freakin’ amazing in his own right. And again…on a fangirl note…he is so incredibly cute. Just adorable. On the part where it says, “Is his heart still beating?” Adam started hitting his chest, mimiking the heartbeat…so cute!

“Sunday Morning” was such a fun song. I know we’ve just talked about it on here about how happy it is. I loved hearing this one live. This is another song that I love Jesse’s part. This was another one where Adam worked all parts of the stage.

Next was “Won’t Go Home Without You.” I loved this part of the concert. Before Adam introduced the song he stopped and talked with the crowd a bit. He asked to bring up the lights so he could see everybody and he said something like, “It amazes us that we get to do this every night. That we could write some silly songs and come and sing them and see you all singing along to the words. Every night we do this we are amazed by it, so thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.” It was so sweet. It just made me love the band even more. Appreciation was written all over Adam’s face when he said it. It was so sincere. I love this song. It’s so pretty live. At one point Adam had the audience sing the “oh” background vocals. He would just laugh because some of the crowd couldn’t get it exactly. Then he was like, “See that sounds beautiful.” It was so cute.

I think it was during this song when right before the song ended a girl ran up to the leg of the stage Adam was singing on and handed him a bouquet of flowers! OMG…his face was priceless. He just stood and smiled, again from ear-to-ear. At the end of the song he said, “Thanks for the flowers!” I think he and the rest of the band really got a kick out of that. It was awesome. I got a picture of it. Hopefully I’ll get it up soon!

They played “This Love” next and the crowd again went nuts. This is another song where I just love Jesse’s keyboard part. He really rocks out at the keyboards too. He gets so into it and I love that! Adam again, just went all over the stage getting into the song.

After “This Love” the band left then came back out for an encore!
Matt came out first and played this awesome drum solo. They had set up a set of what looked like toms at the center stage and next Adam came out and played a solo on those! OMG…that man is a musician, no question about it. He was amazing on the toms! He went crazy on them. He was so concentrated too. I’ve got a picture of that too.

After the solos the rest of the band came out and went into “Little of Your Time.” Matt had the shakers at the drum kit. This was such a cool song live because it has got such a different feel from their other songs with all the different instruments. This one is so upbeat too. I love it.

The second to last song was “She Will Be Loved.” Adam said that he had to dedicate it to the “beautiful women" in the crowd. Adam walked out with a microphone to the right leg of the stage and James came out and played the first part of the song with him. After about the first chorus the rest of the band came in. That song is so, so beautiful.

The last song of the night was “Sweetest Goodbye." This is another one of my favorite songs. I love the line,
“Dream away every day
Try so hard to disregard
The rhythm of the rain that drops
And coincides with the beating of my heart.”

On the last line Adam just touched his heart. I love little movements like that. I just find it so cool to see the vocalist getting into the song like that. Also the chorus is so lovely. I love the line, “How does it feel to know you’ll never have to be alone?” It was like Adam was talking to each and every one of us in the crowd. That’s the mark of a good performer. To make it seem to each person in the audience as though you’re talking solely to them is a rare trait in a performer and Adam can do it. The part of the song where the lyrics repeat “Feel” was also amazing just because it sounds so cool with the backup from James and Jesse. I loved getting to hear them sing. They did backup on a bunch of other songs throughout the night too. Now talk about a finale. This song was the finale of finales. The guitar solo that happens at the end of the song on the album was taken by Adam and James and elaborated on about a million times longer. OMG…it was amazing. That was another example of the utter talent that these guys possess. Adam at one point just started playing like crazy on the guitar (by the way, both of the guitars he used were so pretty. One was white and the other was brown. They were beautiful.) He and James kept switching legs of the stage and both of them just improvised on the guitar for probably a good five minutes while the other guys played as well. I was floored. Adam did a bunch of jumping around with his guitar too. The whole band got so into the end. James and Adam would smile and be so concentrated at the guitar. Jesse was playing like crazy on the keyboards, pointing out at the audience. It’s times like those that you can tell how much these guys love what they do with all their heart.

Adam also introduced the rest of the guys during the show. I think it might have been before “Sweetest Goodbye.” He told us he wanted to introduce us to his “best friends,” even though he had “already introduced us to James once before.” After James he introduced Mickey. He said Mickey probably had the best musical taste of the band and that he introduced him to all the great bands like “Queen and David Bowie,” and he said he “plays some of the hardest parts of the songs.” And that he was an amazing bass player. The face he made when Adam said that was so funny. Next was Matt, and last was Jesse. What he said about Jesse was so sweet. He said Jesse was a brilliant writer and keyboardist.

I have to say, there are those bands that sound good on cd and when you go see them live you’re really disappointed because they're totally awful, then there are those that make you fall even more in love with them when you see them live because of their skill and their talent and their passion to perform. The latter would be Maroon 5. Every single one of them just performed their hearts out. Matt, Mickey, Jesse, James, and Adam amazed me.

I loved how Adam would change up the vocals a bit from the albums to give the songs a new fresh sound and needless to say he sounded amazing. He gave them each their own new flair. It was great. He has such a beautiful voice. On everything he sounded amazing. And not only that I am totally amazed by his guitar playing, writing, and overall musicality. He is so, so talented. The way his hands would fly over the guitar was such an experience to watch. I can honestly say I am so inspired by him. He’s an excellent musician, no doubt about it.

James is no exception either. I loved his backgrounds and his guitar playing was amazing as well. I loved watching him play. Mickey rocked out on the bass the whole show. Matt was covered in sweat by the first few songs. He’s a great, great drummer. Jesse played the keyboards beautifully and sang backgrounds beautifully. He’s another great inspiration to me. He just seems like the coolest, laid-back guy that is so talented to boot.

At the end of the show all the guys came to the front of the stage for a group bow. It was such a wonderful show. I’ll definitely be trying to go to another one when they come around again. I just kept thinking about how I wish all of you all could be there with me. We would have such a fun time seeing the guys!

I’ll try to get my pictures up soon to give you all more of a visual.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ash I dunno what to say honey. At some point reading your post I was teary-eyed. I felt so proud to be fan of the band. Especially when you mentioned this:

I have to say, there are those bands that sound good on cd and when you go see them live you’re really disappointed because they're totally awful, then there are those that make you fall even more in love with them when you see them live because of their skill and their talent and their passion to perform. The latter would be Maroon 5. Every single one of them just performed their hearts out. Matt, Mickey, Jesse, James, and Adam amazed me.

I know a lot of bands who fall short on the second criteria, but I've heard so many reviews about Maroon5 being on the second type, and it makes me even prouder to love them.

The little things that Adam did to relate the song with his performance is a sign of a great performer, too.

Plus, I think M5 had already proven to the fans before how much they appreciate all the love and support. I love that in an artist or band. How genuinely they appreciate and how clearly they send the message across is what awe me.

Reading your review didn't make me feel jealous at all that I wasn't at the concert, it made me feel so proud of you that you were able to experience and share your M5 moments. I'm sure there'll be plenty more Ash and everytime, you just gotta go back here and tell us. I had fun reading it. Thank you.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw...you're welcome Gay. I know what you mean! It's just this proud feeling that you get when you're a fan of a band that puts their heart and soul into what they do.

Now we need to get the boys to you! I want to hear some reviews from you all!
Old 10-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Extreme Fan

great review Ash!! thanks!! i am sooooo happy for you!! that seems like an amazing concert!! wish i could be there
and that part of the review that Gay pointed out...you're totally right!!
Old 10-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ash Aw, if only I can watch them I'd write a long review, too.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
New Fan

Hey Maroon 5 fans! If you are craving a dose of Maroon 5 LIVE, then Mojo (all HD cable network) is featuring the band's show at The Koko Club on London Live. I’m working with the network and we are really excited about this, so I just wanted to give you the heads up! (Fridays 9pm ET)
Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Extreme Fan

thnx myscape
Old 10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw...I don't think I get that network. Thanks for the info though!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by myscape (View Post)
Hey Maroon 5 fans! If you are craving a dose of Maroon 5 LIVE, then Mojo (all HD cable network) is featuring the band's show at The Koko Club on London Live. I’m working with the network and we are really excited about this, so I just wanted to give you the heads up! (Fridays 9pm ET)
I've copied your invitation at the news thread. Thanks so much for posting that.