Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-31-2004, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

The only one I currently have is NMNI, although along with the LWY promo I also bought the IE single on Ebay

They really didn't make a big deal out of the single releases over here, did they? The only one I knew about was BTT but when I checked the box and it didn't have any tracks that weren't either remixes or on the album, I didn't bother. Wish I had now though!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

They really didn't. I didn't even know when any of the singles were released...I saw plenty of ads for the album tho What does the NMNI single have on it?

I was gonna buy the Predictable single, but I don't think that was realeased here, was it?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Nope, it never was. We were supposed to get Throw It Away instead, but it got cancelled before release.

I have CD1 of NMNI (or it could be CD2, it doesn't say!), and it has gooood extras!

A Delta Christmas postcard, a version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, a version of Happy Christmas (War Is Over) [The Australians got that on their Predictable single), NMNI live (audio version of the live vid on the DVD), NMNI vid, a vid of Delta arriving at the ARIAs, and also the video clip of NMNI live from the DVD.

I happened to spot it in HMV at Christmas. I don't EVER go to the back where the singles section is, so Delta must have drawn me there!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww, why was Throw It Away cancelled? I knew we were gonna get TIA, so I went out looking for it and couldn't find it - no-one told me it got cancelled..hmph!

And damn, I wish I got the NMNI cd now... I'd love to hear Delta's version of Happy Christmas (War Is Over). Maybe I could download it from somewhere, hehe!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

I could probably send you it, if you give me a few days to get myself sorted, I can rip it

As for TIA, I'm not sure ... I don't think it was getting much radio airplay, and also because Delta was ill they didn't get to make a video ... I think it was a combination of things. I know they did a Radio Edit of the song, though, I heard it once.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww, thanx! If it's not a problem

Ah, that's probably why they cancelled it. I never heard it on the radio, I hardly ever hear Delta's songs played..
Old 09-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Heh, yeah, I rarely do either. Well, actually, no, I heard LWY a lot. I was surprised at the lack of airplay/promo for IE though.

I got really giddy when I heard NMNI while I was packing to go home for Christmas! And one time it was on when I woke up - nice way to start the day!

I was listening to the charts once - way after NMNI, before TIA was announced as a release, and they were on the phone to Delta, talking about her next single. I was surprised when she said it was going to be TIA, since the Australians got Predictable. They didn't play it, though.

Then a month or so later I squeed when they played it

And never heard it again!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I heard LWY a lot too, and BTT, but nothing else.

Sounds like a great way to start the day! There should be Delta alarms that play a different song when it goes off in the morning... I'd buy one, lol!

I never heard TIA on the radio. My brother did though. He was on the internet and he was listening to a radio station (not a London based one) and they played it, he called me in, but by the time I got into the room, it was finished.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilac Wine
Sounds like a great way to start the day! There should be Delta alarms that play a different song when it goes off in the morning... I'd buy one, lol!
Would that not just be a CD player with IE in that you set an alarm on?
Old 09-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Would that not just be a CD player with IE in that you set an alarm on?
Hmph.. Well, I meant like a proper alarm clock..ah never mind... I don't think I'm making much sense now, lmao.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

hehe, I know what you mean. And it *would* be cool!

I think that's next on my list of "Delta Merchandise to create"

...right after the Delta Barbie

You should come play in more of the threads, Katie!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hehe, phew! thought I was gonna make a fool of myself there lol. Ooh..a Delta barbie! I'd like that. I wouldn't take it outta the box though..

lol, I'll probably start posting more soon..a lil shy at the moment hehe.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Hehe, we don't bite!

I'd buy two, so I could have one to keep and one to play with
Old 09-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

lol..I'm sure you don't

Oh, buying 2..that's a good idea! I didn't think of that..
Old 09-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

I've been buying lots of Delta singles on ebay over the last couple of days.

I'm supposed to be SAVING my wages for when I go back to Uni, not blowing them all on Delta singles!

....but it IS a good cause!