Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie

Olivia Newton-John would be cool. I'm sure Delta would go bananas at the prospect of a D/ONJ duet.
Oh that would be kind of cool.

What do you think about Vanessa Carlton? I saw some clips of hers today at work and I do like some of her songs. Both play the piano and all that. Not sure how good it would work, but someone to think about.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
*sets off to download*

I'll let you know what I think!!
I really hope you like them, Rach. I'm confident you will.
Oh, and I forgot to mention "Your Body Is a Wonderland". If you haven't heard it (you probably have since it was overplayed for the better part of 2001). It's a brilliant feel-good track though. I'd go so far as to compare it to "Throw It Away" actually. The guitar chords put me in a wonderful mood.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie bubbles
Yep I got GREAT tickets! Row C!!!!!

Hardly anyone knows about his concert - not much advertising yet.

When I get his autograph after the show (he so better be signing CD's - he usually does) I will slip a Delta one in
Oh, that's fantastic!

I just read in the paper today that tickets go onsale for his second show here in Melbourne. So there you're right, I hadn't even heard about the first show.

Oh, good one! That's great that he signs CDs after his shows, btw. I love when artists take the time to do that.

Quote:
I know (on both accounts) but am still not feeling that.

Olivia Newton-John would be cool. I'm sure Delta would go bananas at the prospect of a D/ONJ duet.
Fair enough.

She'd love that! For sure.

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-

What do you think about Vanessa Carlton? I saw some clips of hers today at work and I do like some of her songs. Both play the piano and all that. Not sure how good it would work, but someone to think about.
Definitely, Ellie! Yeah, I was wondering if many artists have done piano duets. Would it work? Otherwise they could play and sing in intervals. Or just do some writing or piano peice work.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who's Maroon 5?
Old 08-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

I think that a Josh Groban duet would be nice. I am so in love with his voice.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I liked her album - especially her cover of Paint It Black. I don't know why or what it is about that song, I just really like it!! I think that style-wise, she and Delta would collaborate well together ... just the logistics would be hard to figure, you're right!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Oh yeah! Michelle Branch would be an interesting choice. She has a great voice and I adored her first album! That would be a pretty awesome pair.
i second that .. i´d love to see Delta with Michelle

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 08-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

Definitely, Ellie! Yeah, I was wondering if many artists have done piano duets. Would it work? Otherwise they could play and sing in intervals. Or just do some writing or piano peice work.
I think it could be interesting, i mean, it's not something you see a lot of!

Quote:
I liked her album - especially her cover of Paint It Black. I don't know why or what it is about that song, I just really like it!! I think that style-wise, she and Delta would collaborate well together ... just the logistics would be hard to figure, you're right!
I like that soong too ! But yeah, her album is good, they have a fairly similiar style.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JustaGirl
Who's Maroon 5?
Visit the Maroon5 board, and all shall be revealed, Kel.

Hello Fair!
I haven't really checked out Josh Groban. But now that some here have mentioned his potential for a Delta duet, I shall.

Ellie ~ I think it's be really interesting too! I don't know a lot about piano music, but I'm more and more convinced it could sound very cool.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think it could be interesting, i mean, it's not something you see a lot of!
Maybe male/female piano duets could work better? Because they could do that thing where they share the same piano and he plays the low parts and she plays the high parts ... I don't know how it would work with two females though, because it seems like more of a love song type set-up to me.

*thinks about it some more*
Old 08-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Josh Groban sounds pretty when he holds notes..and they're dammmn long notes. It could be a nice duet though!

I would prefer a boy/girl playing guitar and Delta on the piano. I was going to mention Josh Kelley but his voice is too deep for Delta. Hehe.

I PICK JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!

I'm kidding, don't have a heart-attack. ;P
Old 08-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

*ponders Delta/Justin*

Kat, I downloaded most of the songs you suggested, and I love them! Of the ones you mentioned, Bigger than my Body is my favourite, and I was surprised that I hadn't heard Your Body Is a Wonderland before but I hadn't

Overall, though, my favourite is one of the couple of others I grabbed while I was on a downloading spree - No Such Thing. I really love that one!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If anyone's in Aussie: Check out Rage at 10:30am. (today) You'll see Brooke Fraser's clip for Lifeline.

Kat: I'm considering buying John's album just because you seem to love it so much. Must be good then!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

I've been listening to Mindy Smith a lot lately - I wouldn't say no to a collaboration between those two, either. I think the differences in their styles and voices could work really well!
Old 08-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Kat, I downloaded most of the songs you suggested, and I love them! Of the ones you mentioned, Bigger than my Body is my favourite, and I was surprised that I hadn't heard Your Body Is a Wonderland before but I hadn't

Overall, though, my favourite is one of the couple of others I grabbed while I was on a downloading spree - No Such Thing. I really love that one!
I'm so pleased you enjoyed the recommendations, and that they inspired you to d/l some more, Rach!

Ahh, I missed NST on my list, didn't I? It was his first single (before YBIW) and the one that set his chart success in motion. I'm pleased you love it. BTMB is one of my favourites too. It's amazing live! As is his current single, "Clarity", which is probably the most different from anything else he's done, and really shows how dynamic he can be.

Quote:
If anyone's in Aussie: Check out Rage at 10:30am. (today) You'll see Brooke Fraser's clip for Lifeline.

Kat: I'm considering buying John's album just because you seem to love it so much. Must be good then!
I missed it! Many thanks for posting that though. I hope to catch it, hopefully on the cable channels, sometime soon.

Ooh! Means a lot that you think so highly of my judgement, Eves. Seeing as our tastes in soft rock are so similar, I definitely think you'd love the album[s]. The best part is, both RFS and HT are going really cheap in JB Hi Fi atm. RFS is only $10, and HT was under $17 last time I checked (not to be taken as an indicator of them being low quality music though, of course. ). Next to Delta and Lifehouse, they're the most listenable albums I own. His talent astounds me in the same way Delta's does - and as you know, that's saying a lot.

I'm so sorry for turning the thread into John pimping central. I'm way too smitten with him for my own good.

Adding Mindy Smith to my list of people to d/l, Rach!

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 08-21-2004 at 04:02 PM
Old 08-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

HT stands for...

I'm sure I knew this already but alas I'm suffering from stupidity atm. (<shut up ;P)

I'll have a looksee at JB tomorrow. I was going to get it today but bought Avril instead. Kind of wishing I didn't buy it now but it's aiight. I'm sure (hoping) it will grow on me.