Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

We have two Foxtel boxes; one in the lounge and another in the family room. Dad pays for both. I have a little TV in my bedroom but it's probably a good thing it's cable-less. I'd be so addicted. Thanks for the thought though, Kel.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 01-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem Kat I'm also going to ask for myself...for my bedroom dad wants paytv and my mum doen't she will love it
Old 01-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Hollow No More

Spookily, just as I was handing the CDs over to pay for them, AH started playing on my iPod (I only had one ear in, I'm not rude )

I'll update the first post with this link and a couple of things.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Mums are always the hardest to convince, aren't they, Kel? Good luck converting her. Shouldn't be too hard. Mine was against the idea to begin with and now she can't live without the Lifestyle channel.

Thanks loads for uploading that, Rach!
D/ling it now, but might have to listen to it and post my verdict tomorrow 'cause I'm about to collapse into bed.

icon by *Evie
Old 01-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

No problemo, Kat

I've had it on repeat since I put it onto my iPod, and I'm really loving it! (also I just received an email from Delta Goodrem, apparently I love it when MSN says that!). Heh, it's just about AH and it's not even right! It says that the Irish Son vid is on, which it's not, its AH (sad ending).

Anyway. I'm loving this. Sounds really bitter, which I like, and whilst it's not the most singalongable one, yep. Love. Will be back with more of a verdict when I've had more chance to really digest it
Old 02-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Silly DG.com supplying the wrong info.

When I went to listen to Hollow No More, I only got the first few piano keys before it stuck on the same note and refused to play any further. I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but I tried opening it in iTunes, WinAmp and a variety of places and got the same result. I'll try d/ling it again in the morning, and see if that works. I'm dying to hear it now! I love bitterDelta!

icon by *Evie
Old 02-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Grr! I just downloaded it myself to check, and nope, you're right ... eeeevil noise! That's annoying! I'll upload it again tomorrow Sorry!

Also, found this on DG.com, but checked over at Music Week, which it was credited as being from, and it's right:

Quote:
Athlete and Feeder head to pinnacle of UK charts
01 February 2005 - 11:25:19
Source: MW

Alternative pop music’s current rude health looks likely to bolster the album chart this weekend, with new entries from Athlete (Parlophone) and Feeder (Echo) looking set to debut at numbers one and two respectively, according to early retail reports.

They will be joining a Top 10 already bustling with left-of-centre acts including The Killers, The Chemical Brothers, Scissor Sisters and Green Day, with only the appearance of Michael Buble (Reprise) representing the old guard that has dominated the album chart in recent times. UK dance acts Lemon Jelly and Roots Manuva are also heading for showings just outside the Top 10 with their albums ’64-’75 (XL) and Awfully Deep (Big Dada).

In the singles market, Elvis Presley looks certain to make it four chart-toppers in five weeks, with Are You Lonesome Tonight? (RCA). Retailers suggest that it is outselling its nearest competitor Brian McFadden & Delta Goodrem (Modest/Sony) by almost three copies to one.

Eminem’s Like Toy Soldiers (Aftermath) is also set to debut within the top three, while Wichita act Bloc Party’s So Here We Are/Positive Tension could potentially make a strong showing at number four. The Duran Duran revival continues apace, with What Happens Tomorrow (Epic) remaining the other likely new entry in the Top 10.
A number 2 would be excellent And the Elvis thing ... they're releasing one of his number one singles every week in the year he would have been 70, but there's only a limited number being published of each one. They're generally all sold out by Tuesday/Wednesday or at least very hard to find, so B/D could outsell him if they keep selling steadily by the end of the week.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I reuploaded the track and it works now Sorry about that! Here's the link for anyone wanting it, although it's the same as the link I posted before

Hollow No More
Old 02-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for re-uploading HNM, Rach! It's such a different sound to what I was expecting, but I do really love it. Brian's gravelly vocals against her solemn crooning. The harmony is interesting and the out of kilter rifts, yet it work so effectively to set the mood of the song.

We have an Aussie release date for Almost Here. March 7th, 2005, according to Sanity AU. Brian's name isn't listed, but that'll probably be updated once the single cover makes an appearance.

A UK #2 charting would be pretty spectacular. Fingers crossed for that! I wish the Elvis re-releases were media only releases (like John's are over here). They've been released once already and it's a shame they bar new releases from what would have otherwise been their rightful #1 spot. Of course, those buying the Elvis singles are bound to think differently. I guess if John's songs were (re)released down the track, I'd be out buying them and loving it.

icon by *Evie
Old 02-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm such a nerd I have the song on Delta's second album I don't really like it that much I don't know why
Old 02-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, extremely displeased with the news of AH's Australian release. Wahoo! Lets just rip off everything we've done in the UK and try to emulate it in Australia!

I don't care if they think the song will do well here. It screams laziness. Delta should be taking her music career more seriously instead of continually relying on the fleeting popularity of her relationships. [btw all my opinion. most of you will think Delta's doing exactly what I'm saying she's not.]

I'm not buying the single during the first week of release. I hope it doesn't chart well so she can get a clue.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

AH charted at #3 on the official top 40, which is sales based. Elvis got #2 and Eminem went straight in at #1. According to the Smash Hits chart, though, which is broadcast by every independant radio station in the country (I think) and is based on a combination of sales and airplay, it was #2 with Elvis #1. And it got #2 on the CD:UK Saturday Chart, too, which I *think* is based on the midweeks.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

That's a great result, Rach! It's good to see all the promo paid off then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
I don't care if they think the song will do well here. It screams laziness. Delta should be taking her music career more seriously instead of continually relying on the fleeting popularity of her relationships. [btw all my opinion. most of you will think Delta's doing exactly what I'm saying she's not.]

I'm not buying the single during the first week of release. I hope it doesn't chart well so she can get a clue.
I totally know where you're coming from, Eves. I'm displeased too. I mean, I love AH, but not as a release track. I'm so pleased it charted well in the UK, but I know it won't be the same over here. It's shocking enough that MI is struggling big time and an obvious indicator that her third single needs to be a strong track with plenty of self promo behind it. Promoting a duet kind of suggests that she's lacking the focus she needs to maintain on her own career right, now more than ever.

I'm not sure if I'll boycott along with you yet. I guess my buying the single won't affect whether it succeeeds or fails anyway if MI's stats are anything to go by...

icon by *Evie
Old 02-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie

I agree :\

I'm not too happy with the "boyfriends" she's picked but I still love her music but not this single so yeah...I'm boycotting too the single isn't my cuppa tea...I don't know why :\
Old 02-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wonder if we'll get the same b-side. I guess we will. Why not.. It's there.