Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-28-2006, 03:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Forgot to say before, Tania, love your icon! They both looked lovely at the ACMs. & a Delta collab with them would be pretty neat.
Thanks, sweetie! I think so too. Their voices together would be so lovely, and as the three of them are great songwriters... I think their song would be perfect. It'd be interesting to see the type of music they'd go for, though. Maybe they would blend pop, rock and country...

Delta wrote a song named "Cruisin'?" God, I don't know what to expect from that.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hm, if this record is official, which it looks to be, I wonder how many of these new ones are for Delta's upcoming releases or for the other artists she referred to in that Nashville article.
Ooh, that's interesting! I couldn't help but laugh at Cruisin' too.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the ACE info, Eves! It's very interesting (and exciting) indeed. Some of the titles caught me by surprise, but in a good way (we like that). For a minute there, I thought Lea had co-written some of the songs when I read "Goodrem Delta Lea". I wonder why The Riddle is listed as "Riddle". Could have been the original working title, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer who loves candy
I can't wait for her third album! It took a while for me to get used to "Mistaken Identity" but I think it's a brilliant album, darker and more mature. Anyway, I really hope that album #3 comes soon. Pop/rock would definitely be a nice change.
Nice to see you, Tania!
I agree with you about MI. As much as I love IE for what it's worth, I think MI has much richer musical and lyrical content. It's a marvellous evolution from her IE era and one that marks its depth with maturity. It sounds as though we could be in for a more cruisy, free-spirited third album which I'm really looking forward to too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I don't know what it is, but something just amuses me about the fact that Delta wrote a song called "Cruisin'". Heh.
Actually, I find it even more amusing that she wrote a song called, "Make Me Blush"! Sounds like it might have a Miscommunication feel to it.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 05-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Actually, I find it even more amusing that she wrote a song called, "Make Me Blush"! Sounds like it might have a Miscommunication feel to it.
I didn't even see that one!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Extreme Fan

"Make me Blush" is cute
Old 05-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

I also noticed that where some of the songs are repeated (which I assume is to do with how the writers are listed) No Regrets is listed twice as No Regrets and once as No Worries.

There are some songs on there I really want to hear - Make Me Blush and Cruisin' for the fun titles, and then songs like My Sky, Be That Girl and Flawed sound like they could be great, too.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer who loves candy
It'd be interesting to see the type of music they'd go for, though. Maybe they would blend pop, rock and country
Would it ever! Oh man, a blend of pop/rock/country..that would be awesome!

I wonder if Thank You My Hero is like YAMR.

I'd like to hear Get You Back, Invisible, Wasted and of course, Ven Dancar. What does that mean anyway? Pray For Us sounds interesting..very un-Delta like.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ven Dancar. What does that mean anyway? Pray For Us sounds interesting..very un-Delta like.
No idea. Pray For Us does sound interesting.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if it's an error - according to google, Ven Dancar only gets three hits (and one of them is the list of ACE songs copied over), but it asks if I mean "Vem Dancar", which gets many more hits and is Portuguese for "Let's Dance".

Thank You My Hero made me think of YAMR, too. It even prompted me to look and see if both songs had the same co-writer in case it was an odd mistake, but they're completely different, so that's that idea out of the window!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I wonder if it's an error - according to google, Ven Dancar only gets three hits (and one of them is the list of ACE songs copied over), but it asks if I mean "Vem Dancar", which gets many more hits and is Portuguese for "Let's Dance".
I ran a Google image search to work out what "dancar" meant. Also, according to the Google translator, "Ven" means "they see" in Spanish. Maybe there's a Latin dialect that incorporates the two. It would make more sense that it was either Spanish or Portuguese though!

icon by *Evie
Old 06-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Vem Dançar is Portuguese for Let's Dance... I didn't read the previous posts attentively so... is Delta doing something in portuguese?!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We'll see, I guess!

I did read a long time ago that she was keen on learning Spanish in order to do a cross over song, but not much happened with that.. maybe she dropped it in favour for Portuguese.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, Spanish and Portuguese have a lot of similiriaties, but they are different. If Delta favored Portuguese I'd be very honored.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I did read a long time ago that she was keen on learning Spanish in order to do a cross over song, but not much happened with that.. maybe she dropped it in favour for Portuguese.
That's right! It makes perfect sense to record a Spanish song for her US release, seeing as a high percentage of America's population speak it too. Perhaps Tania has some idea how widely is Portuguese spoken around the world?

If Delta includes that song on a future release, we'll find out one way or another and whether she really *is* favouring Portuguese over Spanish!

icon by *Evie
Old 06-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Perhaps Tania has some idea how widely is Portuguese spoken around the world?
Well... there are a lot of Portuguese people living in countries such as France, Canada, Germany (I think) and yes, also the US. I have relatives in Australia myself.