Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Grace and Peter!?!?!!?!

Poor Tom. I want them to make up.

Oh, god, what an ep.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Dude, i'm like freaking out. I cannot wait until next week. I feel so bad for Grace, but then again I feel bad for Tom 'cause of the promo!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

G/P!!! Down with them!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They cannot do this. Although, from what I know, it'll just be a one time thing.

And THEN Grace and Tom'll make up.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Still, I don't think Grace should kiss Peter just because of what Tom did. Although she lost a lot of feelings for Tom after what she found out.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

I think she still has feelings for Tom, they're just more restarined right now. Peter is her rebound. Although I've got to feel a little sorry for Tom. And like smacking him.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

I just think G/P is totally wrong.

Anyway, whoa, I just watched the "table" scene again and it's seriously one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I love how Tom shakes the table first and then jumps on top of it. C'mon, I can't be the only one who was dying of laughter during that?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

OK, what Tom did is way worse than Grace kissing Peter. I still don't want it to happen though. This whole episode on a T/G note made me want to cry.

"What if I am? In love"

Oh Grace, please try to forgive him. He made a BIG mistake, but you love him and he loves you. He's just stupid for doing that. Ugh!

OK, this has distracted from the funniest scenes ever. Tom stripping was hilarious, and him sizing up the kitchen table had me rolling. The diaphragm thing kinda scared me, but I was very happy that they were being careful. In the beginning of the episode, I was wondering why Tom looked so banged up. I thought the whole episode was going to be out of sequence because the hunting scenes were first. Then I was laughing too hard when I realized that he got bopped playing basketball. Aww.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Grace's "in love" comment was maybe the best part of the ep. Way to go Grace! You nearly said it!!!!! What Tom did was stupid, but I have a feeling if he cared enough about Grace to tell her, he's not just going to let her push him away. As for G/P......... I think Peter has this sort of everflowing love for Grace, but I don't think she feels the same way. Maybe after kissing Peter, she'll realize Tom needs some forgivness.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:43 PM
New Fan

AHHHHHH (insert random swearing and cursing mostly directed at well, everyone)

It was sooo good, but sooo heartbreaking. I was soo close to crying after G/T's spat. (Damn you Tom )

It's so depressing. And really gross (G/P- eeek)

But kudos to Jack for his admitance at the end. I do hate him for being the voice of reason that keeps sticking in my mind.

When it's over she is going to be in pieces.

"I think Peter has this sort of everflowing love for Grace, but I don't think she feels the same way. Maybe after kissing Peter, she'll realize Tom needs some forgivness."

Cat- that is a wonderful idea!

And the table was priceless...
"His heart rate never got over 85, even when he ate her tounge."- Dr. Chilton (Silence of the Lambs)
Old 02-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Table-hilarious

scene in which he kisses her-good old fashioned T/G

scene with Bobby at begining-sweet in a cute kind of way

ending-
Old 02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

OK, so I watched it again, well, just their scenes and this whole situation makes me sad. I was happy that Jack came in at the end to tell Grace to make up her mind. I agree that she is going to be broken up about things too. He's wise, that Jack. And here I was thinking Tom was totally and completely into her. I really wanted Grace to ask who it was. I mean, if I were her I wouldn't want to know, but I would love to know the motivation to go sleep with someone else after being with the person who you want to be in a relationship with. I thought he would have been taken aback when she said she wasn't surprised.
This was the worst fight ever and I'm just really trying to wrap my head around it still.

ETA: The kiss to shut her up was definitely classic T/G. "It was either that or the sock."
Tom dancing around and stripping in search of a good spot was hilarious. When he hopped onto the table, I almost fell over. I wouldn't have thought that Jack would walk in so soon. He saw alot! Tom falling off the table, was just great.
The scene in the beginning was cute. Boy, those two just can't keep their hands off each other...
I already commented on the icky scene, so I'll move on to the promo. I seriously almost fainted when I saw G/P dancing and Peter making him move. "Noooo!" is what came out of my mouth.

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 02-09-2005 at 09:00 PM
Old 02-10-2005, 03:17 AM
New Fan

A chance to meet the cast !!!

O, I'm so envious! I wish I lived in the US!

Here's what I came across on eBay:
JACK & BOBBY 2 Tickets Meet the Cast LA Matt Long Paley
Item number: 6510946834
Starting bid: US $50.00
Time left: 4 days 6 hours
5-day listing, Ends Feb-14-05 08:38:00 PST
Start time: Feb-09-05 08:38:00 PST
History: 0 bids
Item location: Dog House
United States
Ships to: Worldwide
Shipping costs: US $5.00 - Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service (within United States )
Shipping, payment details and return policy
Seller information
bludog3 ( 779)
Feedback Score: 779
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since Sep-21-00 in United States

Description (revised)

Item Specifics - Tickets
Event Type: Celebrity Q&A Number of Tickets: 2
Section: --
Venue State/Province: California Row: --
Venue City: Los Angeles Month: Mar
Venue Name: Director's Guild of America Day: 9
Year: 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Tickets to JACK & BOBBY - Paley Festival - Meet the Cast & Creators
Don't miss your chance to catch this amazing event. It's JACK & BOBBY, the WB's critically lauded series, starring Christine Lahti, Matt Long and Logan Lerman, on stage live at the DGA (Director's Guild) in Los Angeles. Every year, the Museum of Television and Radio puts together their Paley Fest of television show panels. Tickets go on sale to members first, and often sell out before the general public can get their hands on them. At the fest, audience members usually get to watch an as-yet-unaired episode of their favorite series, then the cast and creators come out on stage for a Q&A afterwards, and oftentime they stick around to sign autographs afterwards. Here's the MTR's description of this event:

Wednesday, March 9 at 7:00 p.m.
JACK & BOBBY
In Person: Greg Berlanti, Christine Lahti, Logan Lerman, Mickey Liddell, Matt Long, Thomas Schlamme, Vanessa Taylor
Moderator: Susan Estrich
Inspired by the fundamentally American conceit that anyone can grow up to be president, this inspirational blend of politics and family drama presents events from the lives of president-to-be Bobby and his older sibling Jack, then flashes forward forty-some years to see how the self-knowledge Bobby has gained from his boyhood reverberates in the decisions he makes as leader of the free world.

There are 600 seats in the DGA theater, so it's not a very large theater, and seating is general admission, so you might want to plan to be there early if you'd like to sit close to the stage.

Please note that I cannot be held responsible for changes in the time of the event or in the slate of announced guests. These tickets are non-refundable. US Postal Insurance is available, but optional (cost is exactly what the USPS charges based on your high bid -- $1.30 for bids up to $50.00, $2.20 up to $100, etc.). If you do not opt for US Postal Insurance, I cannot be held liable for items lost or damaged by the US Postal Service. Please see below for more shipping details.

BID ON on more than one of my auctions and save on shipping. You can find my other auctions by clicking the link below to view my other auctions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping and Payment Details:
Payment will be by PayPal or BidPay ONLY, due to the time sensitive nature of these event tickets. Payment is due within 7 days. This event will be held in only a few weeks, so you definitely want to get your payment in quickly, so I can get your tickets mailed to you in time for the event. I will ship your ticket(s) by US Certified mail, at a cost of $5.00. If you would prefer US Express Mail shipping, that would be fine with me, and I would charge you what the USPS charges for that service. The high bidder can notify me at the close of the auction what his/her shipping preference is.

So to all T/G supporters out there: Good Luck!
Old 02-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the info. It makes me wish I was living on the Left Coast...
Old 02-10-2005, 08:51 AM
New Fan

no way tell me about it !!! you see im a man was just aired yesterday here in mexico.

Could someone give me a detailed summary of what was so BAD that Tom did and why on earth did she kiss Peter !!!??

thanks
Old 02-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Okay. Breathe.

The episode was fantastic. Things I loved and loved to hate:

- Tom shutting Grace up with a kiss. Classic G/T and cute as hell. I loved her 'wildest place'. Very stylish.

- The scene on the dining room table had me in stitches. That was better than any sitcom, i swear. So hysterically funny, and their faces when they realise that Jack's there... No words.

- Now on to Jack, who is a right little arse, isn't he? A bit like his brother with the blackmailing but worse. I respect that Jack is concerned that his mom might lose her job over it, but she's the parent, not him. He has a go at Grace for being one giant contradiction, but it's not like he's any better than she is. One minute he's playing dad to Bobby, the next minute he's getting monged with some new chick he found. He tells her that she's lonely and pathetic, but then in the same breath condems her relationship. And the fact that at the end he told her that she had a right to be happy too. That's just horrible. I cannot belive the implication of that, that Grace has been living a lonely life for her children and that she gets not a word of thanks. They really are a miserable family in all possible respects. How very realistic, I'm afraid to say.

Furthermore, I HATE Jack's condemnation of the relationship for the age factor. That is horrific, but I love that the show is going that route. I have faith in the writing team that they will bring arguements to contradict that so that the end message is that Grace has done nothing wrong in that respect.

- And finally, Tom with his ****ing other women a few months ago. This is going to be yet another huge blow to Grace, but I firmly believe that they will make up. I haven't seen the trailer which shows the Grace/Peter kiss, but that sounds like a wonderful plotline, it really does. Options of potential interpretations of that plotline:
a) Grace wants to make herself even more miserable so she kisses Peter.
b) Grace wants to prove to Tom that she can be just as horrid as he can... so she kisses Peter.
c) Grace wants to remember what it's like to be the one who calls the shots... so she kisses Peter.
d) Grace wants to make Tom jealous... so she kisses Peter
e) all of the above.

I know that I have about a million more things to say about this episode but my brain is a bit of a jumble right now so give me a few hours or so to find the plot...

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.