Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-02-2004, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by _Leikela_
I just got done watching the pilot! Thanks to AOL. Wow, I'm very impressed. I was looking forward to watching this show, but I really wasn't expecting too much. But, I gotta say, I love it.
Ditto! It was great.

kenny | credit
Old 09-02-2004, 04:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rain Candy
Okay, I subscribe to EW, too, but no DVD. So I don't know what's going on, but I'm more than a little upset.
I subscribe too- and didn't get one either. Unfortunately, the DVD's were only put in a random amount (not all) magazines to subscribers only.

SilentAllTheseYears- Thanks for posting that link
Old 09-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think that EW only marketed the DVD in the larger markets. I got it and I live in So. Cal and I heard of viewers in parts of the Chicago area that received it in their subscription.

Anyway, I watched it last night and though it was well acted I didn't like the fact that they revealed so much. Not that I was surprised by which one became president, I just didn't like knowing how everything was eventually going to turn out. I love Christine Lahti, but her character was a bit grating. I'm not sure if this will be must see tv for me, but I might tune in on occasion.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LynnieV
I watched it last night and though it was well acted I didn't like the fact that they revealed so much. Not that I was surprised by which one became president, I just didn't like knowing how everything was eventually going to turn out. I love Christine Lahti, but her character was a bit grating. I'm not sure if this will be must see tv for me, but I might tune in on occasion.
That's too bad Lynn. Maybe they're getting what happens in the future out of the way early so that the series can really focus more on the past and what obstacles they face that get them to where they are in the future.

...and nice to see you here
Old 09-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

I thought it was amazing. Maybe they gave too much away, but I think that stuff needed to be said to make way for the true story.
*Edited for spoilers*
I loved the confession. I loved the style and tone of the show. The acting was great but I think there is room for improvement. But, it's the pilot, I was impressed, but like I said room for imporvement. The story, I am intrigued and will most likely tune in. I love that AOL showed the episode online, that was just great.

kenny | credit
Old 09-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Please remember that because Jack & Bobby hasn't officially aired yet, it is considered a spoiler to reveal detailed information about the plot of the pilot.

Thanks,
Old 09-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_mvpics
Please remember that because Jack & Bobby hasn't officially aired yet, it is considered a spoiler to reveal detailed information about the plot of the pilot.
hehe, thanks for reminding everyone. i was already spoiled when someone posted who the president was going to be that's okay, though, what's done is done. Isn't there a J&B thread on the spoilers board?

Quote:
Originally posted by *Lauren
Anyone guess why the presidency only goes to 2046? Assinatation?
Not sure. Usually it'd be just cuz he didn't get re-elected but then again if that was the case he'd be out in 2045. Guess we'll just have to see
Old 09-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LynnieV
I think that EW only marketed the DVD in the larger markets. I got it and I live in So. Cal and I heard of viewers in parts of the Chicago area that received it in their subscription.
That makes sense. Unfortunately, I live in Houston, which is a large city, but I've noticed over the years that nobody cares about it.

I don't have AOL either. But by now there's only a week before it airs on TV anyway, so I can wait till then.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 09-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Anyway, I watched it last night and though it was well acted I didn't like the fact that they revealed so much. Not that I was surprised by which one became president, I just didn't like knowing how everything was eventually going to turn out. I love Christine Lahti, but her character was a bit grating. I'm not sure if this will be must see tv for me, but I might tune in on occasion.
That's what I thought. I saw the pilot the other day and I didn't like that they gave away so much things... I was like "oh, so that's what is going to happen... now I just have to wait for it" I don't like when that happens (that's why I don't watch Smallville). But appart from that I think that it's going to be a good show, and all the actors are really talented. I love the actor that plays Bobby, I think he has a great future ahead of him (anyone seen him in The Butterfly Effect?)

Life as Mia
Old 09-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

I was surprised they said who became president too. I was expecting them to try to delay that for awhile. But since it's pretty obvious who becomes president anyway, I suppose there was no point in them trying to hide it or just not saying anything. Hopefully, like Kelly said, they're just going to focus on the past and what lies ahead of them.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

I may understand them telling who the president was but there were a couple of things they also said that I didn't like hearing... it was like knowing too much in too little time.
I can't wait for the epi to air so we can finally discuss this... I hate not being able to say what I'm talking about!

Life as Mia
Old 09-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Banned

While I have not seen the pilot yet, I am happy to hear that the end results are going to be known. It gives focus to what I think shows should be about. Not where they will end up when the show ends or what will happen in the future. However it drives the journey of the story. The end is not important in my eyes. The way they get there is the real key. Jack & Bobby reminds me of Smallville in that sense and thats a good thing.

Quote:
Isn't there a J&B thread on the spoilers board?
Yes Amber there is. Here is the link. Jack & Bobby Spoiler thread
Old 09-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject
While I have not seen the pilot yet, I am happy to hear that the end results are going to be known. It gives focus to what I think shows should be about. Not where they will end up when the show ends or what will happen in the future. However it drives the journey of the story. The end is not important in my eyes. The way they get there is the real key. Jack & Bobby reminds me of Smallville in that sense and thats a good thing.
Yeah, I haven't seen it either, and I agree. Getting the ending out of the way at the start of the show clears the air for them to show how they got there.

And who knows, you might think they gave a lot away, but maybe they haven't. Maybe there's something about the president, in his personality that we didn't see. Maybe there's other stuff going on in his life at that time, and they'll show that later on in the series.

Quote:
Yes Amber there is. Here is the link. Jack & Bobby Spoiler thread
Thanks for that, Michael
Old 09-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I finally got around to watching my EW DVD of the first ep. It was pretty good. It was kind of predictable and kind of corny, so it could go either way for me. I just hope it doesn't end up being like Everwood...sorry to all you fans, but I despise that show.

Bobby annoys the hell out of me. I hate little kids like that - and he is supposed to be 13, I personally think he acts too young for 13. I like Jack, though. And he's cute. Their mother seems a little psycho. I'm sure she'll be interesting though.

icon credit
Old 09-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Mia~

I can't wait for the epi to air so we can finally discuss this... I hate not being able to say what I'm talking about!
You're not the only one. I just watched the Pilot and I actually enjoyed it. I just don't like not being able to discuss it even though I want to really bad because it would spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

Ashley