Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm glad House is returning!

Anyways, this will probably make people angry, but, I'm glad Jack and Bobby was cancelled. If it would've came back, the show would probably be horrible, there would not be alot to show, except for their daily lives, which wouldn't be too exciting. The show ended in a good way, and it's not like you need to know every little detail about the show, sometimes shows end that way purposely, use your imagination.

Raoul Duke: Look... in the sky. Some kind of electric snake coming straight for us.
Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.
Raoul Duke: No, I want to study its habits.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd15mK
I'm glad Jack and Bobby was cancelled. If it would've came back, the show would probably be horrible... The show ended in a good way.
As someone who lived through the whole 'will it?won't it?' with Boomtown, saw it get renewed and then have the concept and the most popular element of the show messed with resulting in its almost instant cancellation after the season two premiere, i have to say that I agree with you to a certain extent. I really had my little fannish heart stomped on by that (I, like many others, refused to watch season two due to the lack of Andrea), because you get what you want, you get the show back and then it's not the show that you loved. At least this way, Jack and Bobby has remained true to itself.

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Raoul Duke: Look... in the sky. Some kind of electric snake coming straight for us.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Total Fan

I was wondering if the show came back how they would continue w/ that documentary stuff. In reality that would be a long documentary!!
Old 05-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocks
I was wondering if the show came back how they would continue w/ that documentary stuff. In reality that would be a long documentary!!
I actually said the same thing while watching the finale, when Gore Vidal said that this was the wrap up of the documentary... "Wow, that was one loooong documentary."

I'm actually really sad about this and looking to find a silver lining. It's kinda too soon for that though.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

This is sad news I will definitely miss this show.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

American Dreams and now Jack & Bobby??!!!! Why God WHY??!!!!!???!!!!! Now I am really pissed.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Man that really suxs...And I didn't even get to watch the series finale then! Darn school...ahha!

Don’t ever let me fall…
Old 05-16-2005, 04:27 PM
New Fan

Jack and Bobby Cancelled...

I wonder if it'll ever come on DVD. I hope so. I just started watching it cause I used to watch other shows and I liked it. It's just my luck that when I start watching it it gets canceled.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

I have seen bits and pieces of the finale ... but tonight I'm watching it from begining to end.

kenny | credit
Old 05-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Total Fan

I'm sure that they will come out with a dvd. They should at least. I just don't understand why the ratings should be the only factor in determining whether a show comes back or not. A lot of good shows that did not do well their 1st season went on the have many other seasons b/c people started watching it and started caring. There is just no way to tell in one year if a show is going to be successful or not. If a show is good one year it could suck the next. *sigh* I don't know.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Oy. I've expected the news since about the fourth episode of the series, but for some reason I'm still shocked. It really hit me this morning that Jack & Bobby is truly going to be over. It's weird thinking about a Wednesday where there won't be any Jack & Bobby.

Ugh. This is going to be a horrible few days.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 05-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Shelly,

Ratings=Money and popularity for producers and whatnot - most of the time

Old 05-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

I cant believe all the good shows that they are cancelling! This sucks.

Jessica av by Undeniable
Old 05-16-2005, 05:35 PM
New Fan

Well, this just blows. The WB officially sucks. At least, UPN and Fox gave renewals to their low-rated series, Veronica Mars and Arrested Development (which is still pretty low-rated but going to come back for its third season). The WB had the oppurtunity to show that it was a mature network that actually cared about quality, but nope- it renewed way way past-its-prime 7th Heaven and crap like Charmed (no disrespect intended towards fans of either show) instead of this critical gem. I really hope this show or one of the actors (Christine Lahti especially) will be nominated for an Emmy.

I was never convinced that the WB truly supported and believed in this show due to the little promotion it gave to J&B compared to the tons of promotion it gave to Summerland. But, what truly sucks is that the show could have done so much better and would have probably been renewed if it had had the 9 pm time slot on Monday after Everwood at 8 pm. The Sunday 9 pm time slot was a killer up against Desperate Housewives, and the Wednesday 9 pm time slot against The West Wing, Alias, and American Idol was not much of an improvement and came too late in the season to make much improvement in the ratings. So much potential of what could have been a hit wasted. Well, to think optimistically for once, at least, J&B went out at the very pinnacle of its game, with much style and class, and will be missed sorely- a feat that was not accomplished by Friends, Frasier, and numerous others & will definately not be achieved by Will & Grace, ER, Charmed, and 7th Heaven.