Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

"The Incredible Hulk" Discussion thread

Liv has apparently signed on for The Incredible Hulk, opposite Edward Norton (Yay, love him!). Heres the article...

Liv Tyler Cast as Betty Ross in 'The Incredible Hulk'

Those who were hoping that Jennifer Connelly -- pretty much the one good thing about Ang Lee's 2003 film Hulk -- would somehow make the nimble transition into playing Betty Ross again in the complete re-do version now being prepped can stop their fantasizing. 29-year old Liv Tyler has been cast as Ross, the long-time love interest to Ed Norton's Dr. Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk, which will begin shooting in Toronto this summer. As noted in The Hollywood Reporter, the Ross character has been a fixture of the Hulk comic since 1962; she is a fellow scientist who works with Banner to help him tame the beast within, not always successfully. The HR story also has plot details to reveal: the film will open with Banner and Ross estranged from each other, "but with the pursuit of the Hulk heating up and Banner on the run trying to cure his condition, Ross finds herself swept back into his life."

This casting move, coupled with her leading role in the upcoming horror film The Strangers -- a new still from that film was released today, by the way -- suggests Tyler's stock as a leading lady is very much on the rise, which is a trend I support. As for director Louis Letterier, I'm one of those poor, unfortunate souls who still hasn't seen either The Transporter or its sequel Transporter 2, so I'm in no position to comment on whether he deserved to be handed the keys to a high-interest franchise like this, but here's hoping this team that's being assembled makes something interesting out of it. Norton and Tyler are both intriguing actors, and I can imagine that at the very least they'll find some nice angles for their characters, whether the movie as a whole works or not.

From Cinematical
Old 05-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow that it soo good! its gonna be a total hit!
Old 05-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully it will be a big hit, Livs been balancing on the edge of superstardom for a while now, this ought to do it
Old 05-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

whos playing the hulk?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

Edward Norton is playing Bruce Banner, I'm not sure if he's also playing the Hulk or if they'll get someone else in to play him. Just please don't go with the CGI Hulk they had in the last movie
Old 05-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha (View Post)
Edward Norton is playing Bruce Banner, I'm not sure if he's also playing the Hulk or if they'll get someone else in to play him. Just please don't go with the CGI Hulk they had in the last movie
Exactly! I'm glad Liv's being chosen for more movies now, I just hope this "Hulk" is better than the one they did in 2003 because I didn't like it at all.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yea it was pretty bad... edward norton is really good too so hopefully it will be a hit
Old 05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hope so, I know he's pretty good and Liv is too... I know I'll be happy to see the movie just because she's in it!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah im sure it will do better than the last one
Old 05-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, a new project! How exciting

Kat | icon |
Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kat- (View Post)
Ooh, a new project! How exciting
And it's a new project thats high profile and big budget too! Even better
Old 05-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i know she is prob gonna be on so many magazines!
Old 05-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

It will be really exciting when the movies comes out and they do promo as well!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Master Fan

Tim Roth has signed on to play the Hulks enemy. I love him, he is such a good actor!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i wonder where the premiere is gonna be held