René¥_Zellweger .... Gina
Ethan Embry .... Mark
Coyote Shivers .... Berko
Brendan Sexton III .... Warren
Liv Tyler .... Corey Mason
James 'Kimo' Wills .... Eddie
Ben Bode .... Mitchell Beck

Summary from Amazon.com
This story about a day in the life of an independent record store, truly a threatened species, screeches with the sound of teenagers falling apart emotionally every five minutes. The script, which feels like an old guy's idea of how kids talk and think, concerns the young employees of a Delaware music shop faced with imminent extinction. While the ship is sinking, the staff indulge in tantrums, depressions, and run-ins with low self-esteem. There's a lot of noise in this thing, but not a lot is really said. Rory Cochrane has the best part as a secretive guy who loses the store's proceeds one night while gambling, Anthony LaPaglia is the adult boss and unofficial dad to the others, René¥_Zellweger plays a promiscuous girl, and Liv Tyler is OK as a lovestruck sweet thing trying to get up the nerve to express her feelings to a fellow employee. -- Tom Keogh

Memorable Quotes
Corey: My dad always said that there's 24 usable hours in every day.

Corey: So is this how your life's gonna be now, huh? You're just gonna screw every has-been until your **** fall down and they don't want you anymore?

Corey: I'm not like you, I don't need to do what you do with guys.
Gina: Oh, I see, not like me, the turbo-****.

Debra: I guess nobody really has it all together.
Corey: No.
Debra: I feel like I should welcome you to the club or something. Anyway, did you really want to do Rex Manning in the count-out room? Is that how you always imagined your first time would be? Your back up against the daily totals and your feet pounding against the safe- Oh Rexy stop that. You're so sexy.
Corey: Why are you being so nice to me?
Debra: Let's save our Hallmark moment.

Pictures
site 1
site 2

Liv plays Corey, a speed addicted perfect princess (or you could say), Corey is in love with the singer Rex Manning, wanted to lose virginity to him, but changed her mind at the last minute, but her friend went for it caused problems and a bunch of other crazy stuff! Corey fell in love with best friend AJ and he fell in love with her...awww....This movie is funny and all parts are very well casted, this is also another MUST HAVE for any Liv fan!

darylღbeth

Last edited by Pav; 10-18-2004 at 05:30 AM
Old 07-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Banned

Awww i aint seen this for years!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I love this movie, and it's my favorite Liv movie. I love her character (my fave besides Mark) and I have it on both DVD and VHS, and I have the soundtrack. I am obsessed with this movie, and I'm glad someone started a thread for this movie.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

hehe I'm glad you guys like this!!

I've not seen this movie for alittle over a year, and Im bummed about that. I've been looking for it like everywhere and can't find it anywhere!

I loved AJ and Corey, and I totally knew by the end of the movie they would be together, duh! They always pair the cute ones together

darylღbeth
Old 07-18-2004, 03:54 AM
Elite Fan

I love Empire Records. Liv plays Corey so well. Its gotta be my fave Liv movie.

I found this:

Old 07-18-2004, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

the movie rocks. i'm thinking about buying the dvd collector. is there lots of bonus?

Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been everything else and it will have just as much meaning.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sindaanca
the movie rocks. i'm thinking about buying the dvd collector. is there lots of bonus?
Theres some extra footage. The film is a little longer. I don't know what scenes are extended.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

I've just bought it! It had been such a long time I hadn't seen it.. so I couldn't see all the new scenes but I did recognize some of them! That was really gret.. and so cheap. great buy!

Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been everything else and it will have just as much meaning.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Addicted Fan

this is one of my FAV movies~

Mickey-: What's a horse doing on a spaceship?
The Doctor- Mickey, what's Pre-Revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!

}--- 127 --->>

Icon Credit
Old 08-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Liv is just so perfect as Corey.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

I wish the character that played AJ had done more and made it big

Liv had a great role in the film. I loved her chemistry with both Renee and Robin especially

Does the DVD have the Tobey Maguire's scenes in it?
Old 08-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

I'm a huge fan of Renee Zellweger. I enjoyed Renee and Liv together, it was fun.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Renee and Liv were awesome together. They had such great chemistry...you would think they were the best of friends. I bet they are good friends in real life.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Hmm, okay, I never realised that Liv's mum, Bebe Buell, was married to Coyote Shivers (Berko) between 1992 - 1998 ... thats a hell of an age difference
Old 08-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~carissima~
Hmm, okay, I never realised that Liv's mum, Bebe Buell, was married to Coyote Shivers (Berko) between 1992 - 1998 ... thats a hell of an age difference
Such is Hollywood.