Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Arwen is a very mysterious but alluring character from the books... I wonder if Tolkein would have written stuff about her for the 120 years she was Queen of Gondor if he'd ever gotten to that point in his tales. She's captivating, and I enjoy the tidbits about her in the books.

When it comes to Liv as Arwen, I think she did an amazing job. I hadn't read the books when I first saw FotR, and Arwen was immediately one of my favourite characters. Her elvish/voice pitch was amazing, as was her shift between the different sides of Arwen. She went from this strong, determined Elven woman to something more innocent and girlish when she was with Aragorn in the bridge scene. (insert *squee* here).
And then... I've just loved her since.

I heard about PJ thinking of putting her into The Hobbit, too. I would love to see her there, but I don't want them to make up a bunch of material for Arwen because I don't think Tolkein had even invented the character yet at that point, lol...
But it would be great to see her, yep.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I Arwen and I loved how she didn't have a big role and her role was very subtle... I think it was good but it mostly stuck to the book... I really loved the evenstar scene because it was so Tolkienish...

Shetan
Old 08-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

I'm not a huge fan of LoTR movies, I like the books better but Arwen is just perfect. She is worth watching the film for.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

I do think Arwen is underappreciated since she's a character that needs some analysis to fully appreciate. The Aragorn/Arwen relationship is one of the most beautiful things Tolkien wrote about.

Aragorn/Eowyn shippers who bash Arwen are just living in their own little dreamworld and are in self-denial.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree with you in thinking that Arwen is an underappreciated character. She practically gave up her life to be with Aragorn. She left her people to be with Aragorn. She knows that the time of the Elves is passing, and yet, she still wants to be with Aragorn, even though she knows she would be giving up immortal life. And...she waited for Aragorn as he went through that loong and dangerous journey where he could die at any time.

i can't wait till the EE edition. hopefully more Arwen in it.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

I'm also a huge Arwen fan. I believe Liv was perfectly cast for that part. We actually got alot more of her in the movie than what is mentioned in the book, well the first one anyway. Some of the Tolkien readers weren't too happy that it was different from the book. But I'm with Angelica and I think its one of the most beautiful thing in the books. FOTR is the only one I've read at this point. But starting on TTT soon. I'm with you on the Aragon/Eowyn stuff. Besides, Eowyn and Farimir get together at the end anyway. I also love the Elvish speaking scenes..so beautiful...ohh I'm gonna have to get out my DVD's and watch them again
Old 08-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Arwen is awesome!!! I her!! I don't think people understand the beauty of her character!! She is so deep!! To give up her own life to spend with Aragorn!! I mean WOW!! It's easy to say, but would you actually give it up? Life is a gift!! and Arwen gave up her eternal gift of immortality to spend only a few light years with Aragorn!! How sweet!! !! Of course Arwen kicks butt! She's an elf!!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 08-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Tiger
She is so deep!! To give up her own life to spend with Aragorn!! I mean WOW!! It's easy to say, but would you actually give it up?
It's really pretty said! I probably would give it up because... I can't imagine being immortal. It must be dreadful, don't you think?
Old 08-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

You gotta think though.. after a while wouldn't it just seem pointless to live forever. 80 very happy years vs 1,000 or more so-so ones. It would be a tough call. She just should've hooke up with Legolas and she wouldn't have had to make a choice. j/k

SATC
Old 08-24-2004, 06:04 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Yes! It would be another story though.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

I'd read it!

SATC
Old 08-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

new discussion topic:

What's your most favorite Arwen's scene and why?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

I love it when we first see Arwen in the first movie...she looks so pretty.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Last edited by ~carissima~; 08-26-2004 at 02:26 PM
Old 08-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

These pics speak for everything. My favorite is the last one, wonderful Arwen.