Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Tori Santamaria & Alex Steele Appreciation Thread #1. Will this pageant princess be the next Degrassi queen bee?

Tori Santamaria {01} Alexa "Alex" Steele

While Tori may be spoiled thanks to her parents indulging her every whim (dance lessons, modeling, beauty pageants, you name it), she's definitely not a brat. Her positive attitude and bright smile are infectious and she enters Degrassi believing she's the best at everything. Unfortunately, Tori is a bit sheltered and realizes she's a bit unhip compared to the students. Like former niner Alli, Tori is ready to rule Degrassi. {x}

Season 11 marked Alex's return to Degrassi. She previously played the role of Angie, Craig's little sister. Her real life sister happens to be Degrassi alum Cassie Steele. Alexa is good friends with her castmate Lyle O'Donohoe and his character Tristan is currently her favorite.

// Tori on Twitter // Alex on Twitter // Alex on Tumblr // Alex's Fan Facebook //
> Supporters <
01. Nekoshoujo
02. padfootsprincess02
03. JustMe2000
04. mellifluouscloud
05. keyofdestiny
06. hot_vanilla

> Reasons <
01. Because we're happy to have Alexa back on the show.
02. Because we're excited to see what kind of trouble Tori stirs up.

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 02-25-2012 at 10:09 AM
Old 01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Supreme Fan

2 questions: Can I be added? and Can we talk about Alex's other role Angie Jeremiah?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

^ added~

haha, yeah I know I feel like this should be a Tori/Alex/Angie thread. It's not like Angie has her own thread :]
Old 01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Add me, and yep, I'm on board with this being a three-way thread.

Thanks for starting!

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 01-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks! Im glad she finally have a thread
Old 01-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for making this thread! The OP is so pretty!!!

Am I the only one who thought of this when hearing what Tori's last name is:
Old 01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Ooh please add me! I was waiting for this thread.

I still have to double-take every time I see Alex because she looks so much like Cassie did in the early seasons. I love it. I wish they could have brought her back as Angie but I love that they casted her for a new role anyway.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can I join?

At first I wasn't sure if I'd be interested in this batch of niners, but as I hear more about them, I get more excited for them! I think I'm looking forward to seeing Tori interact with Tristan and Maya the most.

and yes, oh my gosh, she looks SO much like Cassie, it's insane. It's especially noticeable when you look at a picture of the two of them next to each other o_o

And is anyone else interested in finding out how she meets Adam? And what their maybe-possible friendship will be like?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyofdestiny (View Post)
Can I join?

At first I wasn't sure if I'd be interested in this batch of niners, but as I hear more about them, I get more excited for them! I think I'm looking forward to seeing Tori interact with Tristan and Maya the most.

and yes, oh my gosh, she looks SO much like Cassie, it's insane. It's especially noticeable when you look at a picture of the two of them next to each other o_o

And is anyone else interested in finding out how she meets Adam? And what their maybe-possible friendship will be like?
I really am looking forward to seeing her..
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Everyone is added! Seems like she's the niner everyone's looking forward to the most? She is for me.

We'll have to add some kind of special Angie section to the OP.

@Nicole- omg! Is that why it sounded so familar? I kept thinking there was someone famous with the last name Santamaria. I actually still remember that there was a song that they used to teach about the discovery of America that included repeated the ships' names over and over again. Back when they made you sing in school...

Quote:
Me too. I have to say right now there a bit reason why I'm feeling optimistic about 11.5. And it's a short list of reasons >.<

Quote:
Yeah this is interesting. Even though Tristan and Maya are the ones with older siblings it feels like Tori might be the most connected. Seems like she's got relationships with Tristan, Maya, Zig, Adam... and Marisol? And more.

Spoiler:
Old 01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Nicole, I actually thought of these two as much as the one you threw out there.

And yeah, the way she looks so much like her sister, I'm convinced it played a part in her playing another role besides Angiel. We'll never know, though.

Tori and Tristan will already be friends when they're introduced, right? That will be an interesting dynamic in how that plays out with the two 'Niners.

Spoiler:

Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

^
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
And yeah, the way she looks so much like her sister, I'm convinced it played a part in her playing another role besides Angiel. We'll never know, though.

Tori and Tristan will already be friends when they're introduced, right? That will be an interesting dynamic in how that plays out with the two 'Niners.
Well Alex confirmed that she just auditioned for the 'Tori' slide. The didn't call her or anything. Pretty sure Degrassi is a bit of a "go-to" for young Canadian actors looking for work.

It's kinda cool that they're already friends. I feel like introducing them that way so young will help with the friendship storylines. Like with Katie/Marisol I know that we're supposed to know they've been friends forever but since they're almost done high school and Marisol was seem before Katie existed the illusion wasn't that effective. Part of what was great about the Emma/Manny friendship is that we got to watch them grow up together. If played right this friendship could have a similar effect.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
KristenLeighWed: Other than ur own story line, who’s storyline are u most excited for all of us degrassi fans to watch?
AS: Ohhh! So many, Lyle, Munro, and Chloe’s storylines
Quote:
CallMeMellie: How did it feel to come back to Degrassi as a new character with a whole new cast #DegrassiTMI
AS: completely nerve racking at first but everyone is so friendly! And Tori is a sucha quirky, driven girl, I love playing her
Quote:
@1DCanadianArmy : if you were to be any other character on the show, past or present who would it be?
AS: Emma
Those are from a little fan Q&A with Alex that Much did earlier this week. They're doing it with the other newbies as well. Up next is Ricardo (Zig). More info on that in his thread.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Those are from a little fan Q&A with Alex that Much did earlier this week. They're doing it with the other newbies as well. Up next is Ricardo (Zig). More info on that in his thread.
Thanks for the info Vince!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

is that cassie's sister?