Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2023, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Why are all these shows happening during the Stanley Cup Playoffs? I must devote all time and energy to the almight Kraken.

She made an IG story yesterday about how they are a band and I replied that they probably play murder ballads.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

A few posts up there are new headshots. These are from the same photographer.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Seattle is in the 80s. I am so tired of heat. I am made for chilly rain. This is killing me.

Since I am dying I should watch Slasher.

rae_galutira
Slasher: Ripper @slashershudder premieres tomorrow (Apr 6th) on @shudder - so I thought I’d start us off with a lil intro to .Viviana.

@pbrancs and I had sooo much fun coming up with these whimsical, almost fantasy Edwardian and Victorian inspired hairstyles. It was really special to have the creative freedom to work with the cast to come up with appropriate hairstyles that everybody felt comfortable wearing. First four pics were our final styles and the last two are from a quick hair test we did in prep. Started with an updo on an ill fitting wig, took er down and threw in some clip ins..then wham bam, Connie was born.

Sooo excited for everybody to see this very bloody beautiful thing we created.
Old 06-08-2023, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

With the IG/FF connection being wonky right now, I'll just have to post a link to Paula's IG post celebrating her 34th birthday. The co-mod will come back with pics, I'm sure.

Old 06-08-2023, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Her gang, which includes Nina, likes to give out the Instagram birthday wishes.

Old 06-22-2023, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Tonight I am going to a restaurant opening with my best friend and producing partner Michael Seater. Living the dream! #TweetLikePDay

(tweeted by Michael Seater)
Old 06-26-2023, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for that. I forget to check up on him to see who he is hanging out with so I rely on the Degrassi actor to repost it.

I decided to see what is out there for interviews about Slasher. Trying to work up the courage to dive back into the bloodbath. And Paula with a whip! She whips sweet Sadie Snow. She discusses that scene (did she know ahead of time about the whip) in this podcast: In the Seats With...Paula Brancati. She is so articulate and seems to be a big influence on the series. She also has such a large network of people in the business.

Quote:
PopHorror: The two episodes of Slasher: Ripper that I watched blew my mind so I’m super excited to speak with you all. My first question is for Paula and Gabriel. Paula, you’ve been in every season of Slasher, and Gabriel you were also in Solstice. What made you initially say yes, and what keeps you coming back?

Paula Brancati: Well, what initially made me say yes – I did just a very brief pop-in in season one – and that was my friend Aaron Martin calling me and saying, “Would you come and play a character named after our friend and colleague, Jana Sinyor?” And I said, “Hell yes!” So that was just so much fun, and I did not anticipate that it would grow into leading roles in the following years. I think for me, it’s very exciting to come work with people you really admire, that are your friends that you also love the work of. That’s an absolute pleasure no matter what job you’re doing in this life, but wow! It’s fun to be doing that and making TV and film for a living. And to play characters that are really rich and really developed. I think Aaron and write such incredible characters every single season. I’ve said this before, but I think it’s such a pleasure to play women that aren’t used in any sort of trope in terms of the genre. I’m always surprised when I turn the page. It’s a dream job in so many ways so it’s a very easy “yes” for me.
Read more:Slasher: Ripper – Interview With Creator Aaron Martin, Showrunner Ian Carpenter, And Stars Paula Brancati And Gabriel Darku

Quote:
1428 Elm: Was there anything, this is for whoever wants to answer it, that you enjoyed filming most being in a period piece?

Paula Brancati: And, yeah, just to add to that. You know, with the sets and the backlot and our amazing production design team, then comes the costumes and the hair and makeup and I think [didn’t catch the name] and Mel and Jess, who does our designing for our wardrobe, it really all comes together then. I think when you’re prepping as an actor, at least for me, I get a little nervous until I get…all those pieces come together because like you’re alone in your Timberlands and hoops, in my case, and I’m like, “How’s anyone going to believe me in this period?” (chuckling)

But you get the corset on, and, you know, we worked with wigs for my character and for Sabrina’s character…um, spoiler, that ponytail’s a wig. (laughing) But it was really like… it actually informed the whole thing. Like, we did a hair test, and Ray coming with those pieces, it sort of like changed how I stood, and how I responded to people and like how her ego, Viviana’s ego, like comes from how long she’s really built that hair up. And so all those details are a huge part of the period and what makes it all work. And I just think we have such an incredible crew. It really is one of the most hard-working crews in the city. And I think that’s also part of the fun, was seeing everybody step into and enjoy the period piece element this year.
Read more: Slasher: Ripper interview: the A, B and sCreams of season 5.
Old 09-15-2023, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Paula not standing still at TIFF.

Old 09-20-2023, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

salvatoreantonioofficial
Dodging exes at the Ex with my main girl
Old 10-27-2023, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

This is a throwback, but one I don't recall seeing. Paula singing on her brother's version of Bob Dylan's To Make You Feel My Love.

Old 11-07-2023, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Posting mainly for the Michael Seater and his many Degrassi connections.

Old 03-06-2024, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I come with very good news (from pbrancs IG stories)!

Slasher is dark and mean! I had to take a break. I need to get back into it. I'm also paused on The Fall of the House of Usher. What I do is pay for these streaming services and then go to some free one and watch Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
Old 03-14-2024, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

They need to get Slash to do the music for Slasher.

Posted a couple weeks back, from a recent photoshoot. I think she's a little late for the Degrassi Nudes story line.

Old 03-17-2024, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Being Erica reunion! And they both were on Slasher. Could be a decent sized list of Canadian shows actually.