Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Lola, Shay, and Frankie #1: Because they will avenge the wrongdoings of your boyfriend and father for you. With a pony.

Power Cheer, Ponies, and Pleasing Perverts on Oomphchat
Supporters:
#1. kaleidocat
#2. ChinaTequilia
#3.
#4.
#5.

Reasons:
#1. Because they can rule the school together.
#2. Because you would want them to throw you a birthday party.
#3. Because she might accidentally kiss your boyfriend but she will make sure you have a pony at your birthday party.
#4. Because these girls are a little bit wild.
#5. Because their conversations are hilarious!
#6. Because their personality differences make for an interesting dynamic.
#7. Because we will cry if their friendship ends. Even more than the thought of fluffy bees dying.
#8. Because Lola didn't turn Frankie in for cheating.
#9. Because Frankie couldn't let Lola take the fall for her wrongdoing.
#10. Because we would like to see Frankie and Lola cheering on Shay at a sports game.

riotinoakland.tumblr.com

Lola Pacini
Bubbly, excitable, but not the brightest Crayon in the box; Lola is that boy-crazy cheerleader archetype that we all know, but with a blue and pink twist. Whether it's her colorful hair or her vibrant personality, you'll never miss her in the halls of Degrassi. Lola's closest gal pals are Shay and Frankie. teennick.com

Shaylynn "Shay" Powers
Shay loves playing sports and is determined to be the best athlete that she can be. She also aims high in school and only accepts the best grades. Her standards also extend to boys: Shay won't give herself away to just anyone. There is one guy she has eyes for, but will she have a rude awakening when she realizes that she can't always get what she wants? teennick.com

Francesca "Frankie" Hollingsworth
Frankie couldn't be more opposite than her older brother Miles. She's always trying to be the perfect daughter. Keeping up with appearances for her father's mayoral campaign is a top priority. Grounded, positive and intelligent, Frankie is the perfect image of what a politician's daughter should be. At Degrassi she is doing well too. She is pals with the queen bees and has a budding romance with her brother's bestie, Winston. teennick.com

Last edited by kaleidocat; 08-13-2015 at 03:46 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I definitely want to be added. I could see these three being the next big friendship trio.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I can see them being the next friendship trio too! I'm excited for it! Thinking of things they could do next season...they haven't had a sleep over yet have they? Whose house could they sneak out of the easiest and head to party? Frankie got busted by Mom recently so she might tighten security. How about Lola's place?
Old 08-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Hmm...Casa Hollingsworth is huge, so I suspect that might still be the easiest to sneak out of. Lola's....not sure, but if both her parents are running that restaurant they might not be around the house (or houses, since they're apparently divorced) all that much, so it might not be too hard with her, either. As for Shay, I just have a feeling that things are pretty serious over there. That one is my choice for a least likely to succeed situation.

All that said, if there's a sleepover, something I very much approve of, I hope it's at Lola or Shay's. I want to see another house set.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:54 AM
Addicted Fan

A sleepover would be fun. We don't see too many of those.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I wonder if we will see them as cheerleaders next year. Something tells me all three might want to pursue different interests. Maybe we will see something like when Clare and Alli had to sign up for different activities. I can see Lola not being interested. Shay will want to do too much. Frankie can do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
All that said, if there's a sleepover, something I very much approve of, I hope it's at Lola or Shay's. I want to see another house set.
I remember seeing a spoiler hinting that someone got a bedroom set.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I can totally imagine that scenario playing out. Shay would want to do much, that is such a true statement. We really need to see more with her next season.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Have they ever had a plot where one character feels like the third wheel in a friendship of primarily three people? Probably? They had to have and I'm just blanking because it is late. It has happened when a best friend gets a boyfriend or girlfriend and then they hang out with one feeling left out but I don't think it has ever happened when a trio of friends. I'd like to see that. I can see Shay being the one who feels like she doesn't fit in. Maybe it even sends her into a different clique for awhile.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Emma felt like the third wheel with Craig/Manny so they had her go on a date with Derek that went badly, but I can't recall one where it put a rift in the friendship.

Last edited by ihavealife2uknow; 09-16-2015 at 05:17 AM
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oh! You reminded me of another weird rift in the Emma and Manny friendship. In season 4 it seemed like Manny was the middleman between Emma and Liberty. Emma really isolated herself there, even before the shooting/Secret. This is the kind of situation I would like to see again. The falling out between E/M/L in season 4 was much more subtle and they all seemed to reconcile over the summer or something. Liberty always was the odd man out though.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Agree, The rift between the three of them was really authentic and developed naturally, the only one that reminded me of it was actually Trista/Tori/Maya, after they found out about Maya and Zig they clearly were not talking to her anymore, but similar to E/M/L after the shooting/Cam's death they tried to interact with Emma/Maya again and at first both sorta rejected the idea because someone being nice to you because of what you went through is almost kinda annoying during those times. But yeah Lola/Shay/Frankie are kinda of the new threesome friend group so I'm sure they will have some problems in the future that are similar.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm not sure we'll see a third wheel type story line with these three, not just yet. I do think we'll see a plot with some kind of rift between Lola and Shay, with Frankie in the middle.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Hopefully the rift happens once more interaction happens with other characters. I'm worried we would never hear from Shay again otherwise! So I'm happy that Shay and Lola were buddies on the cheer squad while Frankie was off. Did they ever talk about that? I can't remember any significant conversation. Did they just drift back together? They seemed especially close for her birthday party after all that went down.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I miss this thread.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I totally forgot this thread even existed.

Well, either way, you can add me to the list.

Reply   Post New Thread