Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2023, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

From an interview with Phosphor Magazine. Lots of pretty pics at the link.

Quote:
A bit of a throwback question. You played Jack Jones on Degrassi. Did you grow up watching it? Who was your favorite character?

What’s funny is that before I booked that, I hadn’t really watched Degrassi at all. The thing about growing up in the Toronto industry is that if you are an actor and you are under the age of 18, you will have auditioned for Degrassi so many times and you probably know so many people that have been on it. It’s such a cultural staple here. I had auditioned for it probably 5 or 6 times for different characters. Jack holds such a special space in my heart, she also kind of reminds me of Lydia in a way in her serious demeanor. If I had to choose a favorite character, it would probably be Eli. I feel like that’s who I would’ve wanted to be if I could’ve been any other character.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Until Instagram sorts itself out with , here's some YouTube.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Damn, not only did Pink Ladies get canceled, it, along with three other series that were axed, will be removed from Paramount+ within the coming days. I really hate that trend of removing content from streamers. I feel awful for Niamh, because you could tell how invested she was in this one.

Old 06-24-2023, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well. No point in getting Paramount now. I know I'm late when it comes to programming. But can I have a couple months. Does anyone else feel overwhelmed with all the streaming options and programming? Especially since I am a person who likes to sit down with my favorite sitcoms every night to relax. I save TV and movies until this happens. BUT THIS IS UNFAIR. I really hope it ends up somewhere to stream.
Old 07-13-2023, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's so frustrating that these media companies now view removing original content as a viable option and now that the genie is out of the bottle we know it's only going to get worse.

Quote:
It’s been a while since episode 10, premiered and at the moment you can’t even watch it anymore. But I just wanted to take a moment to post a bunch of photos of me ugly crying and sweating (and some additional moments thrown in there as well). Most of these are from the day we wrapped. The energy on set was palpable and I will remember it for the rest of my life.

If I haven’t made it obvious already, I love this show and everyone on it. We’re working very hard on finding it a new home. If you have a chance, please head to the link in my bio to sign the petition to help us get @riseofthepinkladies on another platform.

Love you all
Niamh's episode 10 phot dump.

Old 07-13-2023, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

(saveourpinks)

The Wrap: Emmy Nominations for ‘Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies’ and ‘The Nevers’ Highlight a Struggle for Streamers
Original series from Paramount+ and HBO were honored by the awards show after being removed by their parent networks

Old 07-16-2023, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Here, the conversation revolves around Pink Ladies, but there's other shows this happened to and it sucks for them too. I'm worried the strikes are going to kill School Spirits. It seems pretty clear the studios are trying to break at least the writers, and maybe the actors too.

Old 08-30-2023, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

All About Who You Know expires on Prime in 24 hours and I was feeling super guilty about not having watched it. But then I found it on Tubi and it is all good.

Forget what it is about since it is from 2019 (the last we saw of Dylan)?
Quote:
An aspiring screenwriter writes his most ambitious script to date by plotting out a rom-com relationship with the daughter of his screenwriting idol, all in hopes of meeting her legendary father and getting a leg up in showbiz.
IMDB.

There is no way about it, my girl is getting her heart broken.
Old 09-15-2023, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Dylan's last IMDB credit was in 2021, a couple episodes of a Canadian TV series called Nurses.

Back to Niamh, a video and a dump.

Old 01-03-2024, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm still holding a grudge over the cancelling of The Rise of the Pink Ladies. No Paramount for me.

niamhthewilson

I wish I could remember 2023 for its best parts, but truly it was a year marked by immense loss, grief, and heartbreak. Things never go as you expect them to, but my life took a full 180 this year and it felt like perpetually hitting rock bottom week after week. Boy did I grow though. And the FRIENDS I made, god I am so grateful for them. I miss my Pink Ladies family more than words can describe.

Here are all the best bits.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Niamh recently went to LA with very limited funds to screen test for a job she didn't get. She wrote a long caption to the album she posted from her trip. Because of its length, I won't post the whole thing, but you should read it. I did find this section very interesting.

Quote:
I got to see friends and get away from Canadian winter but I’d be lying if I said the emotional rollercoaster of this industry doesn’t weigh on me from time to time. You think you adjust to rejection but in fact it compounds on itself and just gets a little more painful each time. I love my job and what I do. It’s my life’s work. I hope to continue it until I physically cannot anymore. it can be incredibly elating and at the worst of times completely demoralizing and that’s just how it is.

Old 03-10-2024, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yesterday was Niamh's birthday! The fitcheck story master celebrated her 27th birthday. I was waiting for the celebration posts but she must've been too in the moment. But I hope some float in! She looks like she leads a fun life...I like that she recently opened up that she too struggles.

From her mom: