Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi News and Media #3

Just for reference, here is what can and cannot be posted in this thread:

Spoilers
• No spoilers about any upcoming Degrassi episodes or story lines are allowed on the Degrassi forum, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.

Pictures
• Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.

Episode descriptions
• Small snippets/blurbs from MSN/TV Guide/Entertainment Weekly etc. are fine.
Longer episode descriptions (like for example the ones CTV provides), are considered to be spoilerish and should just be discussed on the episode discussion thread until the episode airs. The episode thread will usually be posted about 48 hours before it first airs.

For everything you need to know about spoilers, please visit the Degrassi Spoilers & Speculations thread here.

Most recent news:
'Degrassi' to air four nights a week this summer
The Canadian Press
Date: Tuesday May. 18, 2010 12:10 PM ET

TORONTO — Fans of "Degrassi" will get a daily dose of the series when the 10th season debuts this summer.

The teen drama plans to air 24 episodes four nights a week in July and August before returning to a weekly schedule in September.

Producer and actor Stefan Brogren says it's an experiment that'll see twice the number of shows this year.

Brogren, whose character Mr. Simpson returns as school principal, says it also means longer storylines and more cliffhangers.

New cast members include Jordan Todosey of "Life With Derek," Munro Chambers, Luke Bilyk and Alicia Josipovic.

The series will be simulcast on MuchMusic in Canada and Teen Nick in the United States.

Brogren says the show's young viewers are eager for new material in the summer.

"With this generation having everything available at their fingertips they find themselves hungrier than ever for new content so we're trying to give it to them," says Brogren.

Brogren says the change also makes for a more intense shooting schedule, with scenes covered at a much faster pace.

"It's not like before where you'd get five or six takes to get your performance down or to get the lines right. It really has to be done on the second take."

The season kicks off in July with a two-hour TV movie, "D:NYC -Degrassi Takes Manhattan."

Cameos in the film include Mary Murphy of "So You Think You Can Dance," MTV Canada host Jessi Cruickshank, "Canada's Next Top Model" host Jay Manuel and comic Colin Mochrie.

Source: 'Degrassi' to air four nights a week this summer - CTV News
Old 05-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
I hope this whole change up doesn't kill the show....
Well they are going back to weekly new eps in the fall I guess. If this soap style doesn't go over well they probably wont do it again next year.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for the new thread, Nicole.

TV's a business baby, and here's some business news, Degrassi style.

Quote:
CPLG picks up Degrassi franchise
by Samantha Loveday

Firm named worldwide licensing agent; books and apparel to kick off push.

CPLG has been appointed as the worldwide licensing agent for the Degrassi TV franchise, which is celebrating 30 years on air.

The firm has kicked off its licensing drive by signing 5th Sun as the apparel licensee. T-shirts will be available exclusively at Hot Topic from this summer. CPLG will also be targeting the publishing category.

Degrassi debuted in 1980 with The Kids of Degrassi Street. Three spin-off series followed: Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High and Degrassi: The Next Generation. There were also three TV movies, two mini-series and a documentary.

"We're thrilled to represent one of the most successful teen TV franchises of all time as they celebrate their 30th anniversary," said Cindy Davis, SVP licensing at CPLG US. "We look forward to bringing a variety of products to retail that will appeal to fans of all ages."
Source.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but there's this Ultimate Fan Contest going on and they posted new vids with Alli and Jenna. I'm not sure if it's Alli and Jenna or Melinda and Jess because it seems to be geo-blocked:

Degrassi | Ultimate Fan Contest | Exclusive Interview
Old 05-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Here it is on youtube:
YouTube - Melinda Shankar & Jessica Tyler Neutrogena Interview
Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Oh yay! Thank you! That was pretty cute! aw, the temptations of candy...
Old 05-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

No problem! Yeah it was really cute. They both seem so down to earth
Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Does anyone know anything about the movie airing in the US? I know it's supposed to air on July 16 in Canada, but I haven't heard anything about the Teen Nick schedule. I'm assuming it's going to be a part of that whole movie splosion thing. It's funny because I thought they were going to be airing everything the same day on both channels.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
Does anyone know anything about the movie airing in the US? I know it's supposed to air on July 16 in Canada, but I haven't heard anything about the Teen Nick schedule. I'm assuming it's going to be a part of that whole movie splosion thing. It's funny because I thought they were going to be airing everything the same day on both channels.
Yes, it's airing on the 16th in the US too. And season 10 will start that Monday the 19th.

In a way I'm sad because I'll probably be away that week. Thank goodness for the internet!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

aren't they doing a new/another Degrassi movie?!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi Takes Manhattan (set to take place between S9 and S10) will air in July. Is that what you're referring to or were you talking about something else?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Degrassi Takes Manhattan (set to take place between S9 and S10) will air in July. Is that what you're referring to or were you talking about something else?
oh ok; yeah i think thats it!

thanks
Old 05-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

CTV will air the remaining episodes of Season 9 in blocks of two on Sundays at 7:00 and 7:30 PM ET, starting with both parts of Why Can't This Be Love?

edit- Degrassi Goes Hollywood will air on TeenNick on June 18th at 9 PM et with encores throughout the weekend.

And then....well it if it's almost time for a new Degrassi season, you know what that means? Yep, another every episode ever marathon, running week nights from 6-12 PM et and starting on June 21st and running for four weeks. Just in time for the movie.

Oh and if that isn't enough, according to the TeenNick highlights, "during each show, viewers will be able to interact with their favorite classic teen drama via mobile texting. "

Try to contain your excitement.

Last edited by JustMe2000; 05-27-2010 at 03:53 PM
Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm sure that everyone is aware of this but me, since that's usually how these things go ...but if I post it maybe then I'll actually remember:

CTV's summer programming schedule is anchored by returning favourites and fresh new series, including the highly-anticipated new summer drama SCOUNDRELS (June 20), the return of LAW & ORDER: CI (June 20) and the new reality game series DOWNFALL (June 22).

As previously announced by the broadcaster, anchoring it all is perennial audience pleaser SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (May 27), which returns for a seventh season in high definition.

Additionally, encore episodes of FLASHPOINT (June 4) and THE BRIDGE (July 10) air in simulcast with CBS, while additional CTV original series return with the premiere of all-new episodes, seasons and movies, including: DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION (May 30), HICCUPS and DAN FOR MAYOR (June 7), COMEDY INC. AND COMEDY NOW! (June 12) and CTV Original Movies TURN THE BEAT AROUND (May 30) and D:NYC - DEGRASSI TAKES MANHATTAN (TBA).
source.

RE the marathon: They better actually show all the episodes. I only tune in for season 1,2, and 4 during those things.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
RE the marathon: They better actually show all the episodes. I only tune in for season 1,2, and 4 during those things.
I KNOW!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread